Thread: Sony's Venom 2

Default Sony's Venom 2

There doesn't seem to be a discussion about the Venom sequel directed by Andy Serkis.

Today was an update that was a bit of an example of a dog that didn't bark, as Sony announced that Morbius will be delayed for an year, but that Venom 2 is still on track for October.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2020/03...-venom-2-sony/

The film brings back Tom Hardy as Eddie Brock, Michelle Williams as Anne Weying, and Woody Harrelson as Cletus Kassady.

There was talk of Naomie Harris (Moonlight, Skyfall) being in negotiations to play Shriek back in October, but no one confirmed any casting.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/v...ek-1203323995/

This is all very under the radar for a sequel to a film that made 856 million dollars.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I kinda wish they kept the wig for Woody
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    This is all very under the radar for a sequel to a film that made 856 million dollars.
    Maybe, although it is kinda in the unenviable Transformers bracket of being successful, but not exactly highly praised.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I think we would be getting more info by now - and maybe even a trailer - but given the current situation, I think they're just laying low with a lot of entertainment news.

One hopes that theaters will be open again by June or July and that fall releases will be on as scheduled but things are still playing out so who knows.

BANNED

My understanding is that Venom didn't complete production, i.e. they didn't finish shooting all that they needed to, so they can't work on the movie remotely, via editing, sound-mixing, VFX done at home and pooled together...as for instance James Gunn and others are doing right now with their DC projects. The MCU was in the same bind, all those Disney Plus shows were mid-shoot and mid-production so there's nothing to move to post-production. Apparently THE ETERNALS wrapped production so that's in post-prod. remotely. At the same time, MCU is known for doing extensive reshoots and so on, so whatever happened in the first production leg will be all that they can do.

Once the pandemic crisis ends...well it will be hard to pick up from where they left off. And everything will be delayed even further down the road.

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

I heard the film might target for R rated this time, given the success of film Joker. Make sense given this film will have Carnage, the mass murdering serial Killer.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

I didn't even know Venom 2 was coming out this year lol... super low-key
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

Glad to hear all the same actors will be back. Pretty much the original movie is nothing without the acting skills of both Tom Hardy and Michelle Williams. I'll see it, if it actually comes out that is.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    I didn't even know Venom 2 was coming out this year lol... super low-key
    I liked VENOM 1 unlike a lot of people but I'll admit I wasn't exactly looking forward for a sequel. Especially one not directed by the one who did the first.

As for Venom 2, a delay in production might allow them more clarity, or perhaps not.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I kinda wish they kept the wig for Woody
    Me too but the replacement hair/outfit combo he's got in the set pics for Venom 2 is nothing to scoff at either. The Hawaiian shirt he wears already was causing a stir with symbiote fans on Twitter, with people already ordering the shirt on Amazon haha. I kind of want to order one as well- rock the Cletus!

I'm very excited for Venom 2 and hope it's the first new film to come out after the shutdown so it makes a billion dollars. After seeing the Woody's ridiculous Cletus outfit in the set pics I'm convinced it'll be a stupid time which is what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    My understanding is that Venom didn't complete production, i.e. they didn't finish shooting all that they needed to, so they can't work on the movie remotely, via editing, sound-mixing, VFX done at home and pooled together...as for instance James Gunn and others are doing right now with their DC projects. The MCU was in the same bind, all those Disney Plus shows were mid-shoot and mid-production so there's nothing to move to post-production. Apparently THE ETERNALS wrapped production so that's in post-prod. remotely. At the same time, MCU is known for doing extensive reshoots and so on, so whatever happened in the first production leg will be all that they can do.

Once the pandemic crisis ends...well it will be hard to pick up from where they left off. And everything will be delayed even further down the road.
    I thought WandaVision wrapped, at least?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman