Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    Aw a son born from love! Now that Bruce has the familly he was missing to heal his wounds he can retire, since biological family are the only one that count for the current editors.... On the other handI can't help but wonder if Jason or Tim are going to end raising sing this one.
    Is this a statement about how irresponsible Bruce and Selina are? Why Jason and Tim?

As for the rest, yeah the "only our kid with each other matters" vibe is extremely annoying.

I saw a sketch of pregnant Selina in the catsuit, which kind of makes me glad they skipped that part Post-Crisis for how ridiculous it looks .

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Not just biological family. Just the one you planned, all the others are trash, silly !
    Reminds me of how enraged Bruce was when he found out that Terry McGinnis was a pseudo-clone created by Waller.

That. Dialogue. Is. So. Bad!

I don't miss King on Batman one bit.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Eh whatever the moment's gone 50 issues ago

Quote Originally Posted by E.Marie View Post
    Is this a statement about how irresponsible Bruce and Selina are? Why Jason and Tim?
    Dick raised Damian, so maybe now it's Jason or Tim

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    [...]
    Dick raised Damian, so maybe now it's Jason or Tim
    Jason already has half a dozen of kids who need him more.
    If something happens to Selina and Bruce, I'd rather guess that Kate (and Renee) would raise the kid.
    Or, if you want to have an analog to Alfred: Julia Pennyworth.
    Clark and Lois could also be an option, in my opinion.

Clark and Lois could also be an option, in my opinion.
    Well, as long as Bruce and Selina don't mind the kid being speed-aged/lost anyway....

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Well, as long as Bruce and Selina don't mind the kid being speed-aged/lost anyway....
    Yeah, under Bendis, those two have become, in some ways, worse than Bruce as parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Yeah, under Bendis, those two have become, in some ways, worse than Bruce as parents.
    Well, I was referencing Chris, too. I actually like superheroes having kids, as a concept. But I don't look forward to it all anymore, because they never get to keep and raise them. I know there was Arthur, Jr. a long time ago, of course. But for a long time Roy had Lian, but she got killed. Robert got killed off earlier. Then Cerdian. Selina gave hers up for adoption. Chris, as mentioned. They, and others were lost with the reboot. And now ever Jon, added with latest reboot has been aged up and moved off the future (at least part time). I'm simply not optimistic. And still bitter about Helena Kyle. I know there was some noise made about Clark and Lois having a daughter - I'm against it, if they're just going to pull this crap again.

.... curious. I wonder where they'll go with this, how long it will last in terms of publishing. nine months? a year? two years? longer? will it be a boy or girl? possibly a girl to give the future version a chance to be "catwoman jr" or whatever. we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Well, I was referencing Chris, too. I actually like superheroes having kids, as a concept. But I don't look forward to it all anymore, because they never get to keep and raise them. I know there was Arthur, Jr. a long time ago, of course. But for a long time Roy had Lian, but she got killed. Robert got killed off earlier. Then Cerdian. Selina gave hers up for adoption. Chris, as mentioned. They, and others were lost with the reboot. And now ever Jon, added with latest reboot has been aged up and moved off the future (at least part time). I'm simply not optimistic. And still bitter about Helena Kyle. I know there was some noise made about Clark and Lois having a daughter - I'm against it, if they're just going to pull this crap again.
    Agreed. Its like DC doesn't know what to do with fun kid characters except to either brutally kill them off (began with Jason Todd, sadly) or suddenly age them up to the point they are nothing like they were(like with Jon being the most recent).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    .... curious. I wonder where they'll go with this, how long it will last in terms of publishing. nine months? a year? two years? longer? will it be a boy or girl? possibly a girl to give the future version a chance to be "catwoman jr" or whatever. we'll see.
    Well, this particular story is supposed to be in the Catwoman spectacular thing, so I'm pretty sure it's set in the future and a one-off. But King might follow up on it in his Bat/Cat series, since that is supposed to span their whole life together.

The panel is from the Catwoman 80th anniversary issue and King's story isn't even listed as the last story in this, which is usually the only one that matters to current events in comics. So I doubt this story has any ramifications for the main universe.
    Big changes like that don't come from a special. Also, Selina doesn't seem to be pregnant in Tynion's book and I really think Tynion is going to focus on his Joker War story and building up to death metal not a baby.

King basically admitted in December that Batman and Catwoman isn't canon to the main universe. It's his own thing and you don't need to read it to get his full Batman story. He's done shaping Batman.

He also said in a world baloon podcast that the book is supposed to span 50 years, first meeting to death, how is a story like that supposed to matter to the main universe?

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    The panel is from the Catwoman 80th anniversary issue and King's story isn't even listed as the last story in this, which is usually the only one that matters to current events in comics. So I doubt this story has any ramifications for the main universe.
    Big changes like that don't come from a special. Also, Selina doesn't seem to be pregnant in Tynion's book and I really think Tynion is going to focus on his Joker War story and building up to death metal not a baby.

King basically admitted in December that Batman and Catwoman isn't canon to the main universe. It's his own thing and you don't need to read it to get his full Batman story. He's done shaping Batman.

He also said in a world baloon podcast that the book is supposed to span 50 years, first meeting to death, how is a story like that supposed to matter to the main universe?
    Those are wonderful news I'm hearing.

Hopefuly, it'll indeed end being a non-essential reading for anyone, ever.