Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
I’m putting this in every thread today it seems. I’m sceptical of this working but hope I’m very wrong. But here’s what I wrote in a couple of other threads just now...

My LCBS happens to be one of the 100 or so in the US that uses ComicHub. They are out of Australia or New Zealand I think. A few comments...

- I love the concept of having an app to order and keep track of things

- ComicHub’s app is not intuitive at all, however.

- My store has been using them for about 2 years and I still have some of the same issues I’ve had since the beginning. My “next week” listing for example still shows the same small list of stuff from a year + ago.

- In order to make the concept work as described in the article, you would have to PAY through the app. Perhaps my store just doesn’t have this functionality, but it certainly isn’t a feature in my app.

- in the article, they discuss a previews section that can be used for full books. If it exists in my app, I can’t find it. I do have “view” functionality but I’ve only been able to pull up covers, not any additional ages.

- They only have 100 or so US stores. Yes, they are not US based so the may have more scalability than that number suggests, but adding every single US store to their platform in the next 10 days like the article indicates seems VERY unlikely to me, especially since the current app has been flawed so long as is.

Given everything I just highlighted, I don’t see any way that this becomes a practical solution to our current situation. They may be able to build towards something that was described in the article, but I believe it will take YEARS for this particular company to get there. Sorry to be so pessimistic but that’s what I’m seeing based on my experience with this company. The thing is, I think what the article really is the ideal solution for the current crisis. Unfortunately, I just can’t see it as a REALISTIC solution, at least as executed by this company.
Thanks for your input since I have not heard of this company before. It is also interesting to note that thus far there has been no update on from CBR on this process nor any statements from the big 2. Marvel has updated there comic shop site with any news either. As I mentioned earlier, as an experiment I put Doctor Doom #7 on preorder on Monday (I already had it on my LCS pull list) just to see what they would do. The last time I looked they changed the release date from April 1 to April 8.

My guess is the comic book companies are still thinking this over. They don't want to leave the retailers out in the cold and then go to digital sales only. I really was curious to see any more info on how this ComicHub proposal would work since the claim was that the retailer would have a comic for you also and somehow be a part of this transaction....or at least that is my understanding. So perhaps it sounds too good to be true. We'll have to see if there are any more statements on this proposal.