Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I could just list anyone who Donyell targeted to prove himself “superior” to Dwayne.
    Yeah, we touched on potential rogues a few pages back.
    Since Thrash’s best outings were as part of a team, he’s kind of thin on memorable bad guys of his own.
    Short of creating new ones (which would happen in the well written solo book we all want), we fans can still poach villains from across the MU. Lord knows there are many great creations that go unused.

As an aside, I started thinking about Carlton LaFroyge.
    That little snot’s actions after the Stamford incident were pretty cold blooded. Seeing Thrash, back from the dead and hero-ing again would likely cause him to blow a gasket.
    Now, this could be handled comedically, making him an ineffectual villain Thrash takes down easily, or very seriously, w. LaFroyge pulling every dirty trick in the book, maybe even mobilizing the family members of the roughly 600 ppl who were killed on Thrash’s watch in various ways.

Hindsight should be thrown off a roof

Mighty Member

Theme music, "Who's the man who will go against the Juggernaunt on a skateboard? Thrash!! You're d@mn right!"

Mighty Member

Mighty Member

Mighty Member

Thrash vs Midnight Fire: Thrash uses tech to battle Fire's enhanced mutant ability:

thrash vs midknightfire 2.jpg

midknightfire vs thrash.jpg

Thrash vs midknightfire .jpg
    Last edited by taozen; 05-09-2020 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Hindsight should be thrown off a roof
    And the scene/dialogue should mirror the first page of New Warriors #1,
    w. Thrash holding him over the edge like he did Rich Ryder.

Only w. a much more...splatty ending for good ol’ Hindsight Lad.
    Last edited by Riv86672; 05-08-2020 at 04:27 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    And the scene/dialogue should mirror the first page of New Warriors #1,
    w. Thrash holding him over the edge like he did Rich Ryder.

Only w. a much more...splatty ending for good ol’ Hindsight Lad.
    Just those two pages to me is classic bad a$$ early Night Thrasher. He will just take big chances with other people lives to get to his objectives.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Just those two pages to me is classic bad a$$ early Night Thrasher. He will just take big chances with other people lives to get to his objectives.
    Yeah, and seeing it replayed w. LaFroyge, who by the time we get here, will have proven that he will NOT STOP trying to get at Thrash (i figure he will have cost the lives of many of the Stamford victims’ families in his vendetta), and Thrash crossing the line to end it all, would be pretty poetic.

The Stamford incident sets Thrash apart from a lot of heroes. It should definitely be something we see him dealing with, in a variety of ways. Adding LaFroyge to Stamford/Civil War etc. would break less focused man than Thrash.

I’ve always wanted to see a crossover between the nineties New Warriors and eighties Teen Titans. Seeing Thrash and Robin/Nightwing interact would be so awesome.

Mighty Member

Mighty Member

I’ve always wanted to see a crossover between the nineties New Warriors and eighties Teen Titans. Seeing Thrash and Robin/Nightwing interact would be so awesome.

They’re going to need Rage.

Mighty Member

Just read Thrash's appearance in Rosenberg's Punisher run. Not much happens with Thrash's but the issues do have a lot of guest characters. In the story, Thrash and Punisher clash a bit over the Frank's ruthlessness. You can see how these two alpha personalites clash over differences in how to achieve victory. I was just an okay story overall. I can say that Rosenberg is really good at writing comedic moments. Moon Knight in the story is hilarious.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Interesting somone did suggest recently that the new warriors were essentially an teen titans/young justice team but I just brushed it off. That being said I'd certainly give that a read even if I don't love the titans that much.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.