Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Has anyone read Thrash’s appearance in the Punisher’ book from last year (issues 14-16) or Hawkeye Freefall #4 from this month?
    Are they worth picking up in terms of Thrash content?
    I remember reading Punisher #14-16 from last year and I thought it was fine. Thrash got to knock out a few Hydra goons, went up against Radioactive Man (while hoping not to get cancer) and even had a chance to punch Zemo. If you're a die-hard fan of Thrash, you might enjoy it.

Thrash even appears on the cover of issue #15 (one of my all-time favorite covers EVER):

Last edited by K7P5V; 05-16-2020 at 01:41 PM.

Glad to see this thread up! Equally upset that controversy is blowing over Thrasher's proper return. A good portion of conversation should be the direction he is going to lead the team, updated costume, and other details. The introduction of snowflake and safe space could have waited.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Glad to see this thread up! Equally upset that controversy is blowing over Thrasher's proper return. A good portion of conversation should be the direction he is going to lead the team, updated costume, and other details. The introduction of snowflake and safe space could have waited.
    I don't wan the appreciation thread derailed with that, but just this on thing... I was SUPER-HYPED then I heard the creator say he was intimidated by night thrasher growing up.

The book wasn't going to be about Dwayne and his leadership of a team, it was about the new pet characters that the writer was actually exited to write about. I mean marvel loves to do that, but
    thats why "I" at least lost total interest in/kinda disgusted by it. That being said. . .

Favorite most life altering scene:

"You're gonna have to WORK for it Dwayne, Iron crosses for 15 mins doesn't impress me anymore." - Chord
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

I would like to see Night Thrasher mentor Miles Morales for a while. Could be interesting. You don't get to see "batman/spider-man" in any other setting for legal reason..

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I would like to see Night Thrasher mentor Miles Morales for a while. Could be interesting. You don't get to see "batman/spider-man" in any other setting for legal reason..
    It would be Interesting to see if Night Thrasher's style, methodology, and edge rub off onto Miles being that he's still young and impressionable. It would be like if the Prowler was a full on hero and mentored Miles.

Mighty Member

Anyone know where this is from? Punisher comic? Is it worth picking up for Thrash content?

jailed.jpg

Ultimate Member

Anyone know where this is from? Punisher comic? Is it worth picking up for Thrash content?

jailed.jpg
    Contest of Champions, where Thrash returned.

Worth getting the first 6 issues, wherein Dwayne is depicted as a bad ass

Worth getting the whole run! As usual, Al Ewing doesn't disappoint.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Contest of Champions, where Thrash returned.

Worth getting the first 6 issues, wherein Dwayne is depicted as a bad ass
    Okay. I do have the later issues with Thrash more in the mix. I remember Dwayne eventually being removed because the opposition felt that he was too much of a threat due to mind. He was considered one of the most dangerous due to ability to assess others and strategically take them down.

Mighty Member

Is this Dwayne or Donyell?

Mighty Member

Phillip Tan's Thrash;

thrash by tan.jpg

Ultimate Member

Dwayne, it be

Dwayne.

Well drawn, but I’m not a fan of the open faced helmet, and I prefer the vertical red lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Dwayne.

Well drawn, but I’m not a fan of the open faced helmet, and I prefer the vertical red lines.
    Agreed. Bagley's the best:

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Oooh! New Warriors takes me back. I always thought Night Thrasher was cool. I enjoyed all the scans and art.