Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

is there an updated backstory for Thrasher? I'm also thrown by this long lost brother angle. Is Chord still alive?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    is there an updated backstory for Thrasher? I'm also thrown by this long lost brother angle. Is Chord still alive?
    Chord is still alive last time I checked, but honestly writers lately have a bad habit of killing the supporting cast of B listers. So I hope he remains in limbo

We've not seen Bandit since the end of Avengers Initiative

Mighty Member

Found this on the net about Thrashes creation:

"Tom DeFalco based Night Thrasher on newsstand market research. One time he was visiting Marvel Comics' newsstand distributor he asked their representative if any particular magazines were selling to teenage boys. He pointed DeFalco to skateboarding magazines like Thrasher, which DeFalco studied and based Night Thrasher on them."

Thus Night Thrasher was born. I use to smile when characters would joke or be offended when Dwayne would show up with on the skate board.

Mighty Member

I am not a fan of this design. I'm not sure a character with Dwayne's combat experience and fight style would wear a trench coat.

Night-Thrasher-Marvel-Comics-Taylor-New-Warriors-i.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Chord is still alive last time I checked, but honestly writers lately have a bad habit of killing the supporting cast of B listers. So I hope he remains in limbo
    Frankly it's odd that Ironheart by Eve Ewing didn't mention him, since his kids Midnight's Fire and Silhouette were both in that book.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Frankly it's odd that Ironheart by Eve Ewing didn't mention him, since his kids Midnight's Fire and Silhouette were both in that book.
    In fairness, it wasn't their book and they never knew that until they were adults.

Mighty Member

New Warriors #1: Thrash being . . . uhhh Thrash, "helping" Nova activate his powers.

new warriors 1.jpg

Mighty Member

Then Nova get pissed and speeds towards Thrash yelling ,"You could have killed me." Which resulted in. . .

thrash throw richard rider.jpg

Liked Thrash as a bit of an ******* with his own agenda. Made him a bit no nonsense and gave him a bit of an edge.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Then Nova get pissed and speeds towards Thrash yelling ,"You could have killed me." Which resulted in. . .

Liked Thrash as a bit of an ******* with his own agenda. Made him a bit no nonsense and gave him a bit of an edge.
    Thrash was the Bat God before there was a Bat God

Can't hack the FF? Take from Shield! Watch the Avengers for recruits and bribe your way into the Hellfire Club!

So much balls and brains in one issue without being a mary sue, IMO.

Saddest part of that is, IMO, I think Kevin G got that with his (non) mutant series. I still wish he could have written Dwayne instead, that would have had some pathos

Agreed. Thrash needed every bit of that no-nonsense edge to stay ahead or, at least, stand on equal footing with all those super-powered/high-energy types.

Thrash was the Bat God before there was a Bat God

Can't hack the FF? Take from Shield! Watch the Avengers for recruits and bribe your way into the Hellfire Club!

So much balls and brains in one issue without being a mary sue, IMO.

Saddest part of that is, IMO, I think Kevin G got that with his (non) mutant series. I still wish he could have written Dwayne instead, that would have had some pathos
    Oh man you nailed it on the Bat God observation.
    Dwayne was a normal guy operating in a super-powered environment, and he had to be smart to do that.

Mighty Member

To me Thrash has so much character development potential due to his edge. That abrasiveness and his ability to be two steps ahead of everyone could put him into conflict with other heroes. Thrash had that by ‘almost’ any means necessary to catch a criminal. You can see him taking advantage of other heroes to get the job done. He’s that guy who would hold things too close to his vest. He’s a bit similar to old school Black Panther. That guy with too many secrets and will do shady things at times to save lives.

Ultimate Member

To me Thrash has so much character development potential due to his edge. That abrasiveness and his ability to be two steps ahead of everyone could put him into conflict with other heroes. Thrash had that by ‘almost’ any means necessary to catch a criminal. You can see him taking advantage of other heroes to get the job done. He’s that guy who would hold things too close to his vest. He’s a bit similar to old school Black Panther. That guy with too many secrets and will do shady things at times to save lives.
    I wouldn't go that far.

Thrash wasn't a guy for secrets, overall. But he was ruthlessly pragmatic, and knew how best to enable him or his teammates to win. He taught Firestar how to screw up electronics, gave Sil tasers on her crutches and sought to help Speedy better understand his powers.

He should be a Batman that is willing to work with superhumans and treat them with respect.

Mighty Member

I wouldn't go that far.

Thrash wasn't a guy for secrets, overall. But he was ruthlessly pragmatic, and knew how best to enable him or his teammates to win. He taught Firestar how to screw up electronics, gave Sil tasers on her crutches and sought to help Speedy better understand his powers.

He should be a Batman that is willing to work with superhumans and treat them with respect.
    True but he was also that guy who would drop you off a roof because of a theory that it might activate his powers instead of giving him a shot of adrenaline to get a similar response. Dwayne can be very cold and calculating.

Mighty Member

Question for the Thrash fans. If Thrash was to get a solo series again, who would you want him to go up against beside new villains?