Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Question for the Thrash fans. If Thrash was to get a solo series again, who would you want him to go up against beside new villains?
    I wouldn’t mind seeing Tai come back somehow.
    Also give him a new romantic interest or interests, he needs get out more.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I wouldn’t mind seeing Tai come back somehow.
    Also give him a new romantic interest or interests, he needs get out more.
    Totally agree about Tai. I would also include the Folding Circle, as well:

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Totally agree about Tai. I would also include the Folding Circle, as well:

Oh for sure.
    They’d need to be fleshed out, but that’d be the fun part, giving them personalities.

Mighty Member

Physically I would love to see Thrash go against characters like Bullseye, Kingpin (for the chess game and combat), Muse, Crossbones, Taskmaster, Norman Osborn (wits and hits), Puma, and Mad Thinker again. These are just a few matchup I think it would be interesting.

i wonder if they will fully connect the folding circle and 10 Rings. Midnight's Fire seems to be in league with them.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Physically I would love to see Thrash go against characters like Bullseye, Kingpin (for the chess game and combat), Muse, Crossbones, Taskmaster, Norman Osborn (wits and hits), Puma, and Mad Thinker again. These are just a few matchup I think it would be interesting.
    sure. but i feel as if you'd get more creative action out of him if the opponent wasn't just a hand-to-hand combatant.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    sure. but i feel as if you'd get more creative action out of him if the opponent wasn't just a hand-to-hand combatant.
    ^^^Ooh, how about Moses Magnum?
    Self made man, rich, hella smart, Uber powerful.

i like it. two birds with one stone. Moses should really be a bigger deal considering that he's one of the few black villains with actual resources. i think he leads a country or something.

Mighty Member

That could work but is Magnum too powerful for Thrash to take on by himself. Magnum has taken on the X-Men and the Avengers by himself. Has he been depowered a bit? Here he takin on Colossus and Wonderman. My guess he will need to recruit help to take him out. Thrash is basically street level but his suits takes him up a notch. Unless he develops various weapon to take him on.

Last edited by taozen; 04-13-2020 at 01:48 PM.

Mighty Member

Magnum vs the Avengers/Wonderman:

I never said it wouldn’t be an uphill battle.

Thrash would have to pull every dirty trick in the book to beat Moses, but it would make for a great story!

thing about Moses is that his powers are unstable. he sometimes relies on machinery to augment his powers (like in that fight with the avengers). for some contrast, he lost to Daken and, then, Ironheart. i was suggesting that Dwayne have to use prep time to take him out (or stalemate him). Thrash's strength is that he's entirely unconventional. he doesn't operate like the other vigilantes. he might just try to buy Moses out (depending on the set up).

The Folding Circle are definitely due for a makeover. those flip top shades went out of style after 'A Different World' ended. and the flaming woman could certainly be more visually interesting. i can't tell her from any of the other fire women.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    thing about Moses is that his powers are unstable. he sometimes relies on machinery to augment his powers (like in that fight with the avengers). for some contrast, he lost to Daken and, then, Ironheart. i was suggesting that Dwayne have to use prep time to take him out (or stalemate him). Thrash's strength is that he's entirely unconventional. he doesn't operate like the other vigilantes. he might just try to buy Moses out (depending on the set up).
    Exactly.
    Thrash would tackle a guy like Moses in a way that we the readers would hopefully not see coming.
    He’s the the thinking man’s butt kicker!

Exactly.
    Thrash would tackle a guy like Moses in a way that we the readers would hopefully not see coming.
    He’s the the thinking man’s butt kicker!
    i still love every panel of his Contest of Champions appearance. that could have gone so wrong with another writer. but he (plucked from the past even) proved to one of the most resourceful players in the game. i am a little disappointed that he didn't stick around longer with the Ultimates. i had been waiting to see he and Blue Marvel interact.