Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

yeah that would have been really nice.
    He, BM and Monica could have made for a surprise power trio.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    yeah that would have been really nice.
    He, BM and Monica could have made for a surprise power trio.
    Got your Supes, WW, and Batman! Agree with this observation.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Got your Supes, WW, and Batman! Agree with this observation.
    Huh! I didn’t even see that!

Wonder Woman? Spectrum's more like another DC heroine - Doctor Light.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Dr. Light -wishes- she were in Spectrum’s league.

But I dont think dkrook meant WW in terms of power set, but in position; she’s one of Marvel’s most powerful female heroes, and in a trio w. a “Superman” and a “Batman”, her being there makes her the WW.
    Last edited by Riv86672; 04-14-2020 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    i like it. two birds with one stone. Moses should really be a bigger deal considering that he's one of the few black villains with actual resources. i think he leads a country or something.
    He took over an Cannon, an African country next to Wakanda in the 90s Deathlok series. He wanted to make it a homeland for African Americans. Invaded Wakanda, but Deathlok destoyed the machinery he needed to coordinate the attack. Not sure if it was followed up on by anybody later, but I last saw him in Nnedis' Shuri mini-series.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Dr. Light -wishes- she were in Spectrum’s league.

But I dont think dkrook meant WW in terms of power set, but in position; she’s one of Marvel’s most powerful female heroes, and in a trio w. a “Superman” and a “Batman”, her being there makes her the WW.
    In terms of power, they're roughly the same. Both are excellent characters, and Dr. Light fought the Anti-Monitor in her rookie bout, just sayin'

Agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    In terms of power, they're roughly the same. Both are excellent characters, and Dr. Light fought the Anti-Monitor in her rookie bout, just sayin'
    Exactly. DC creating the new heroic Dr Light during Crisis on Infinite Earths was probably a response to Monica appearing as the new Captain Marvel in Avengers.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Exactly. DC creating the new heroic Dr Light during Crisis on Infinite Earths was probably a response to Monica appearing as the new Captain Marvel in Avengers.
    One thing I liked about Dr. Light was her abrasiveness.
    It was nice to not just have another bland cookie cutter goody goody character.
    Some ppl are just kinda douche-y, it doesn’t mean they’re evil, or bad at their jobs, and Dr. Light was a good example of that.

I always considered the new warriors to be a teen titans/big 3 blend. Justice was the superboy/superman analogue; with the cape and idealism. Nita was a mix of Wonderwoman and Aquaman. Ultra Girl could have filled that role, at one point. Dwayne combined Bruce’s background with Nitewing’s youth. And yes Rich also works power wise as a Superman. But he belonged to a space force a la Green Lantern. Robbie is just a spin on the average speedster.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 04-15-2020 at 06:38 AM.

Extraordinary Member

i still love every panel of his Contest of Champions appearance. that could have gone so wrong with another writer. but he (plucked from the past even) proved to one of the most resourceful players in the game. i am a little disappointed that he didn't stick around longer with the Ultimates. i had been waiting to see he and Blue Marvel interact.
    Blue marvel and night trasher were shown together recently in Marvel Comics #1000 and Incoming #1.
    Masked Raider II
    The Three X's were reformed years later by Jimmy Woo (who had been investigating the Eternity Mask along with Bobby da Costa and the Agents of Atlas),[14] Blue Marvel, and the recently returned Night Thrasher. They began investigating a man going around dressed as The Masked Raider who they believed was the masks current owner. They also joined a bunch of superheroes in solving the murder of Kree general Bel-Dann.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Scien...ld_(Earth-616)

Reforming the the Three Xs
    When Jimmy Woo began investigating a man who had been wearing the Eternity Mask and posing as the Masked Raider, he reformed the Three Xs with Blue Marvel and Night Thrasher, in order to help with the investigation. They also helped several heroes with the mystrious murder of an unknown man.

I always considered the new warriors to be a teen titans/big 3 blend. Justice was the superboy/superman analogue; with the cape and idealism. Nita was a mix of Wonderwoman and Aquaman. Ultra Girl could have filled that role, at one point. Dwayne combined Bruce’s background with Nitewing’s youth. And yes Rich also works power wise as a Superman. But he belonged to a space force a la Green Lantern. Robbie is just a spin on the average speedster.
    Agreed; I’ve used that analogy on a Warriors team build here, w. Thrash & Justice as Bats & Supes w.out the rest of their ‘big six’, looking to rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Blue marvel and night trasher were shown together recently in Marvel Comics #1000 and Incoming #1.
    Masked Raider II

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Scien...ld_(Earth-616)

Reforming the the Three Xs
    Right. Dwayne contacted him. I wish that Dwayne had spent more time with the Ultimates.

Mighty Member

So where do you believe Thrash's fighting ability rank? I think he is more skilled than the Punisher and Shatterstar. But would you put him on par with someone like Daredevil? I mean both he a DD defeated the Bengal. I know that Dwayne has not been used that much in comics history so he has not gone against most of Marvel's best fighters, but where do you think he would/should rank?