Default April 1 Marvel releases, including Black Cat #11, put on hold

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-officiall...pril-1-comics/

Marvel has announced that they are not printing the releases intended for April 1. They will also not be releasing any digital versions of those comics.

A statement from Marvel Entertainment President Dan Buckley was sent to CBR outlining the publisher's plan to not release any digital comics the week of April 1. "As you know, unfortunately there will not be any new print titles available at your shops this week. Marvel will also not be releasing any new comic book titles digitally on April 1," the statement reads. "This is a fluid situation with details changing every day, so we appreciate your patience and understanding as we all navigate our way through this. As soon as more information is available, we will outline our longer-term plans and opportunities to support you and the industry."
    Comics expected to be released included Black Cat #11, Spider-Man Noir #2 and Miles Morales: Spider-Man #17

Is this the right move at this time of social distancing and shelter in place orders? Should the material be released digitally? Would something else have worked?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Spencer: We're gonna reveal what's up with Kindred during the Summer

The Government:
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I think they're trying to protect the shops.

And maybe Diamond.

I can see some physical-copy readers moving over to digital during the pandemic, and then staying there afterward.

I suspect if this pandemic goes on seriously long enough, then the comic book industry might eventually to be forced to go start selling digital only in order to not go bankrupt, and that is pretty much going to be the death of retail comics and variant covers.

Astonishing Member

This cornoavirus crisis really is a crisis. Stay safe everyone!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    I think they're trying to protect the shops.

And maybe Diamond.

I can see some physical-copy readers moving over to digital during the pandemic, and then staying there afterward.
    I didn't consider the Diamond bit, but the rest is pretty much what I thought.

BTW, this would've been a typical April fool's news.

We didn't find out until Tuesday - Marvel were way too slow to make an announcement. They should've made a decision earlier.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

And it gets worse as freelancers are told to pause work on a third of Marvel's planned releases.

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-comics-on...jects-on-hold/
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

I think everyone already knows but Marvel have announced there will be no print or digital titles release for tomorrow, April 08th as well.

https://www.newsarama.com/49653-marv...in-future.html

This includes title such as Amazing Spider-Man #43, Spider-Ham #5, Venom #25, Champions #1, and Marvels X #4.

Champions #1 needs to be delayed until Magnificent Ms. Marvel's next issue is released anyway - that was due last week, and continues directly from the ending of Outlawed #1 as Kamala wakes from her coma. Of course they could release those together when they start releasing stuff again, alongside Miles's next issue which was also due last week.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman