Spectacular Member

Default How much of Dark Nights: Metal affected the continuity?

There were a couple of references, like Hawkman and Dream that then started to appear more in continuity, apart from then what other references further made it into the continuity later?

Incredible Member

The damaging of the Source Wall is a huge plot point in Snyder's Justice League run. It was also responsible for Atlantis rising to the surface. It is referenced in Batman & the Signal and really just tons of comics.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

It was referenced pretty much across the board. We even got that Batman Who Laughs series for a period.

As well as the stuff mentioned above, we also got Wonder Woman up against the Dark Multiverse Gods, the Green Lantern Corps up against the Darkstars (both of those events, alongside the rising of Atlantis, were caused by various JL members 'making a wish' whilst wearing the Tenth Metal armour towards the end of Metal), the formation of a new Titans team by Nightwing to deal with Source Wall energy warping ordinary people, giving them powers and in places corrupting them, the list goes on.

It even got mentioned by Tsaritsa in the JLA title from that time.
    Lower The Pissing Winch!

I think it more effected continuity by making references to past events that we weren’t sure were in continuity because of new 52 and Rebirth. I’m not just talking big events like Crisis on Infinite earths/infinite crisis with the brain of the anti-monitor and final crisis(the whole Batman using Baby Darkseid to travel through time thing) but even things like Aquamans 90’s hook hand even though I’m not sure that happened in present history since, you know, he has both hands. So I don’t think the story itself altered continuity besides the return of previous continuity.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Definitely laid the groundwork for the three Justice League titles. You see most of the JL: Dark Version 2 team first putting their strengths together in Metal - in particular Detective Chimp. I'd say Justice League Odyssey has veered the furthest from that, but the DNA is still in there. And because it's expanded into the three JLA titles, those are something of a continuation of Metal (Metal, New Justice, Death Metal) and so Superman and Aquaman and Wonder Woman have for sure had some serious effects from there.

Hal Jordan remains pretty much unaffected. He's so aloof when it comes to all this cosmic malarkey. Just another Wednesday for Hal Jordan.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

All of the New Age of Heroes books are linked to Metal in some way. Terrifics still has the event's logo in it's corner box!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman