For an editorial policy that says "Spider-Man is about youth", yeah.
There you go making up things just so you can be angry about them again. That's not a policy. It's an opinion.

So the most interesting element of BND Spider-Man is "Will they or won't they undo it?" It's not inherently interesting on its own? It's got no appeal by itself? That's fine with me. I can live with that.
I'm glad you can admit that you can live with that. Please do so and stop complaining about it.

For instance, Crisis on infinite earths's value lies in the fact that it's at heart a good story, a great story and also a major altering event. Sure it's got it's flaws (Wolfman's dialogue is weak as always) but it's a great story regardless. When DC Comics says Post-Crisis, they can say so with a certain confidence even pride...whereas Post-OMD doesn't give anyone any pride.
This isn't Crisis.

This is more like Parralax being a Yellow fear bug in Green Lantern. The story itself wasn't that great but it swept away a lot of unwanted baggage and set up a new more desirable status quo, or if you want to stick with marvel, there's Avengers Dissembled. Even most of the people that enjoyed what followed have a hard time saying goof things about those stories. In that regards, at least OMD makes a certain amount of sense both in continuity and with characters established personalities.