Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 91
  1. #76
    Incredible Member Psy-lock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I don't want this. Invest time and money into something new please.
    Yeah, something similar to Ultimate Spider-Man and Avengers Assemble. Why revive a good show when we can have a new trashy one

  2. #77
    Fantastic Member superjosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    373

    Default

    While I understand wanting something newer and fresher, the highest priority for me is getting the characters right. Only X-Men TAS (1992) accomplished that. If I had to choose between more TAS (1992) and more WatX (2008), I would always always always go for the original. There was something about that series that was very right. The voice acting? The music? With the quality of Marvel's modern animation offerings, I wouldn't expect them to produce anything good.

    WatX might have been prettier and had some good choices with costumes and accents, but the overall show was pretty terrible. There was no heart to the series. It was stiff and I can't even say I liked a single character.

  3. #78
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    4,181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Yeah, something similar to Ultimate Spider-Man and Avengers Assemble. Why revive a good show when we can have a new trashy one
    Marvel's animation isn't great, but I don't think this revival would solve it.

  4. #79
    Mighty Member psylurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,247

    Default

    I think it's also noteworthy that the X-Men now have their own section on Disney+. It means people are searching for them and Disney wants to spotlight them.

    A new animated series is just a matter of when, no doubt about that. A few possibilities I see:

    - Disney could wait a few years until the new MCU X-Men debut, to match the aesthetic of the movies. This has been Marvel Animation's strategy so far but success has been fairly limited.

    - If the above option is the one they'll go for, they could bide their time and test the waters with a one-season revival of TAS. I doubt a continuation of TAS is a longer-term plan as that would preclude the chance to do many classic stories already covered by the 90s series. Obviously there's loads of newer material to adapt too but an ongoing commitment sounds unlikely at this stage.

    - Option number 3: since Marvel Animation is in shambles between Studios taking everything Marvel over and Covid, I could see them changing gears completely and stop using animated shows as kids-friendly tie-ins to the movies, and go for something with higher production values instead. This way you could actually build interest in the first X-Men movie via the show instead of the other way around.

    I doubt we will hear anything concrete before another year or so, but I'm sure Marvel has already been brainstorming plans about everything X-Men and plenty of content awaits us, it will just be a while before we get there.

  5. #80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I liked both. Would love an updated X-men TAS or WatXM with the new Krakoa set up. That could be very, very cool if done right IMO.
    I agree....happy they intend to do something with TAS but I really want a full series...and not only one episode! They have to feed us something X-Men related because the movie seems more and more far away from happening. So a new cartoon is their best bet.
    A picture would last longer darling...

  6. #81
    Astonishing Member ChronoRogue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,417

    Default

    I wouldn't mind a new series but also don't mind TAS coming back.

  7. #82
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    239

    Default

    Personally, I wouldn't mind a limited series revival for X-Men TAS. The last season of that show ended on such a whimper that it would be nice to have a final 6 episode season OR feature length tv film. Maybe even doing what they originally intended and have new characters become the X-Men and then spin a show off like that. However I'd love to see a new X-Men show that's its own thing but just as influential.

  8. #83
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,673

    Default

    I would prefer WATXM get the second season it wanted to do or to get a new X-Men show altogether. If they did revive this, I'd want it with a new voice cast and as a series proper.

    "I'll always love you, Jean Grey." "I'll always love you too, Scott Summers." - Scott Summers and Jean Grey

  9. #84
    Astonishing Member AppleJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    2,287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its confirmed that there's talks to revive TAS

    https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/...larry-houston/

    Good that it seems like its planned, but disappointing that its not already in the works, meaning itll take a while to come to fruition
    I would love to see this happen! Give it modern animation, a modernized take, advance some of the character plots, infuse some of the newer storylines, bring in some of the newer characters. If it's a limited edition, it will be a fun experiment. If it goes well and gains an audience, then great let's see more. If not, no harm done. We've already watched through all of XTAS, EVO, and WatX with our kiddos. There's definitely an audience for it.

  10. #85
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    6,702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Disney+ revived The Clone Wars for one final season and then announced a new spin-off show after seeing how popular it was. This could be a similar scenario, where they want to test audience engagement before green lighting a full x-men series.
    Clone Wars was actually good though

  11. #86
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Clone Wars was actually good though
    I think there's potential for a TAS revival to be better than it's predecessor, seeing as it will be bought in with newer animation/writing techniques. So if a revival happened, it could be just as good as modern day cartoons

  12. #87
    The Best There Is Wolverine12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,236

    Default

    I’d be so happy if they brought back TAS. I think updated animation will be a big help. My concern would be tone, the current marvel animation is aimed at a very young audience. TAS was pretty mature for being a Saturday morning cartoon in terms of the content it dealt with. Honestly though I’ll give any X-Men cartoon a shot at this point.
    You brought back Wolverine

    The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

  13. #88
    Fantastic Member superjosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I’d be so happy if they brought back TAS. I think updated animation will be a big help. My concern would be tone, the current marvel animation is aimed at a very young audience. TAS was pretty mature for being a Saturday morning cartoon in terms of the content it dealt with. Honestly though I’ll give any X-Men cartoon a shot at this point.
    Agreed! The biggest problem with TAS was the rushed/sloppy animation and lack of attention to the finer details. The little mistakes were sometimes pretty laughable. But with a better animation house (TAS had long, storied issues with Saban and deadlines/communication) and modern technology, it could be sooooo good.

    The tone is my concern as well, but the TAS producers have been such good advocates for their product that I have faith in them. With Marvel doing more grown-up fare on Disney+ (like the What If... series; amazing animation btw from what was leaked), I'm crossing my fingers!
    Last edited by superjosh; 08-09-2020 at 04:05 PM.

  14. #89
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    55,212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    I think it's also noteworthy that the X-Men now have their own section on Disney+. It means people are searching for them and Disney wants to spotlight them.

    A new animated series is just a matter of when, no doubt about that. A few possibilities I see:

    - Disney could wait a few years until the new MCU X-Men debut, to match the aesthetic of the movies. This has been Marvel Animation's strategy so far but success has been fairly limited.

    - If the above option is the one they'll go for, they could bide their time and test the waters with a one-season revival of TAS. I doubt a continuation of TAS is a longer-term plan as that would preclude the chance to do many classic stories already covered by the 90s series. Obviously there's loads of newer material to adapt too but an ongoing commitment sounds unlikely at this stage.

    - Option number 3: since Marvel Animation is in shambles between Studios taking everything Marvel over and Covid, I could see them changing gears completely and stop using animated shows as kids-friendly tie-ins to the movies, and go for something with higher production values instead. This way you could actually build interest in the first X-Men movie via the show instead of the other way around.

    I doubt we will hear anything concrete before another year or so, but I'm sure Marvel has already been brainstorming plans about everything X-Men and plenty of content awaits us, it will just be a while before we get there.
    Honestly I just don't see DisMarvel as being all that interested in animation for Marvel products unless they're extensions of the MCU. At least that's what their treatment of the current animated stuff, Marvel Animation in general, and the upcoming What If tell me.

  15. #90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I would prefer WATXM get the second season it wanted to do or to get a new X-Men show altogether. If they did revive this, I'd want it with a new voice cast and as a series proper.
    I liked the designs in WATXM....the only thing I could have lived without were the solo Wolverine episodes....and Storm's characterization...she also needed more screen time.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •