Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FlawedCoil82 View Post
    I could not disagree more. With minimal updates, the 90s uniforms could effortlessly be brought into the modern X-Men. What is it about the "modern" uniforms that you feel makes them "modern"? They aren't iconic, eye-catching, distinctive nor memorable. As usual for modern Marvel, once they inevitably move onto the next wave of forgettable uniforms for the X-Men (if they stay on schedule, it will be around October-November), the current uniforms they have now will fade into oblivion. I very much wish I was an artist so I could show how easy it would be to bring the 90s looks into modern times.
    Storm's most definitely is and is much better than her TAS.. The most recent update to Jean's Red look (which was based off her 90s one) in Giant Size is better. I think Wolverine's HoX is better. Jubilee's is better. Ditto on Cyclops and Gambit. The only one who had a better look on the TAS is Beast and that was bc of his appearance, not costume. Rogue recently put back on the same costume and that I would agree has stood the test of time

I was browsing on Instagram and found two profiles posting this. Allegedly they are stories from the Disney page. They match the profile pics seen on Disney Plus. Do you think this is official "confirmation"that these will be the new animated series looks? Or just fan art?

IMG_2265.jpg
    IMG_2266.jpg
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I was browsing on Instagram and found two profiles posting this. Allegedly they are stories from the Disney page. They match the profile pics seen on Disney Plus. Do you think this is official "confirmation"that these will be the new animated series looks? Or just fan art?

IMG_2265.jpg
    IMG_2266.jpg
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...nimated-series

There were only these five. I could not find Professor, Magneto, Jubilee, Rogue and Beast.

IMG_2264.jpg

IMG_2263.jpg

IMG_2267.jpg

I enjoy if these are the new looks for the alleged continuation of XTAS. It feels classic and at the same time more in keen with the modern super hero looks. If true, can't wait to see where they take the stories.

Hope to see more of : Psylocke, Bishop, Cable, Excalibur, X-Factor, X-Force, Alpha Flight, etc...

Hope they'll dig in stories from Astonishing, New X-Men, Uncanny X-Force, DOX...
    A picture would last longer darling...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlawedCoil82 View Post
    I could not disagree more. With minimal updates, the 90s uniforms could effortlessly be brought into the modern X-Men. What is it about the "modern" uniforms that you feel makes them "modern"? They aren't iconic, eye-catching, distinctive nor memorable. As usual for modern Marvel, once they inevitably move onto the next wave of forgettable uniforms for the X-Men (if they stay on schedule, it will be around October-November), the current uniforms they have now will fade into oblivion. I very much wish I was an artist so I could show how easy it would be to bring the 90s looks into modern times.
    I'm not sure which part of this debate to quote so I'll just pick the latest one.

I can understand folks not wanting to be held back by nostalgia. And people still seem to have strong feelings about the '90s X-Men in general. But we've had like a million redesigns in the comics that were clearly designed with the "All-New, All-Different" costumes as a starting point. So, I don't see why it would be so terrible to use the Jim Lee designs as a starting point at least once.

Its confirmed that there's talks to revive TAS

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/...larry-houston/

Good that it seems like its planned, but disappointing that its not already in the works, meaning itll take a while to come to fruition

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I don't want this. Invest time and money into something new please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I don't want this. Invest time and money into something new please.
    Just because it’s a revival doesn’t mean it can’t be new. They can add new characters to the cast, adapt storylines from later eras; there are plenty of ways they can make the show feel fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Just because it’s a revival doesn’t mean it can’t be new. They can add new characters to the cast, adapt storylines from later eras; there are plenty of ways they can make the show feel fresh.
    While that's true, I would much rather something else entirely. I don't want to see a continuation of TAS personally, and I'd rather they start fresh with a new series altogether.

Honestly I would rather a second season of Wolverine and the X-Men.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Honestly I would rather a second season of Wolverine and the X-Men.
    I liked both. Would love an updated X-men TAS or WatXM with the new Krakoa set up. That could be very, very cool if done right IMO.

Rereading the article, it uses the word "limited", which implies it would be more like a one off thing. I'm fine with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Rereading the article, it uses the word "limited", which implies it would be more like a one off thing. I'm fine with that.
    Sounds like one season, but who knows that with good response and views, it could get extended

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its confirmed that there's talks to revive TAS

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/...larry-houston/

Good that it seems like its planned, but disappointing that its not already in the works, meaning itll take a while to come to fruition
    Cool! I am all for it.

Disney+ revived The Clone Wars for one final season and then announced a new spin-off show after seeing how popular it was. This could be a similar scenario, where they want to test audience engagement before green lighting a full x-men series.