Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    So while this good and would read the hell out of a book with these characters one question...where tf is the 90's level volumizer outside of Jean the rest of the ladies and Gambit could use some and that bothers me!!!
    I would be thrilled if they launched an X-Men book with these more modern, slightly updated looks to their most iconic uniforms, but taken seriously and not as a parody of 90s camp like "X-Men '92" was (it drives me nuts that Marvel refuses to acknowledge that it is most certainly possible to make the 90s X-Men work in modern stories without camp).
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

hoping they are planning a new animated series <3
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    Hopeful, series are better than movies imo

Me too! I heard Kevin Feige liked it the idea and he is in charge of like everything marvel involved.

I like the animation for these ones! Maybe they'll be the same for this show!

Quote Originally Posted by FlawedCoil82 View Post
    I would be thrilled if they launched an X-Men book with these more modern, slightly updated looks to their most iconic uniforms, but taken seriously and not as a parody of 90s camp like "X-Men '92" was (it drives me nuts that Marvel refuses to acknowledge that it is most certainly possible to make the 90s X-Men work in modern stories without camp).
    None of the 90s uniforms work in a modern book that isn't powered primarily by nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    None of the 90s uniforms work in a modern book that isn't powered primarily by nostalgia.
    I think Rogue currently looks good in hers. IMO Jean's X-men Red look was great and worked as well. That Wolverine look has worked with most of the redesigns since

Exactly! That what gives me hope with these avatars. Wouldn't mind at all if they continued from where the old 90's series stopped.
    A picture would last longer darling...

BANNED

I don't know about the costumes "not working", as Wolverine basically wears the same thing today, just brown instead of blue, and the brown is older, but I'm not down with nostalgia drivel just because catching the odd episode of TAS randomly is all non-comics readers know about X-Men.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

cool
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Grace is saying Disney+ may feature live action, solo X-Men shows. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by FlawedCoil82 View Post
    Would love such book but it won`t happen till Hickman is on board. Was really dissapointed when Marvel announced X-Men Gold and Blue and it were not real 90`s Blue and Gold but just renamed All-New and Extraordinary.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    Grace is saying Disney+ may feature live action, solo X-Men shows. We'll see.

Would love a new animated series, as stated before but wouldn't mind also some Disney Plus live action X-Men shows:

- X-Factor Investigations, Gambit & Rogue, Excalibur...these are all concepts I see working as TV shows.

I would leave most of the main X-Men to appear in future MCU movies until they get they proper movies. Storm in BP2 would be perfect. Professor X in DS2 would also work well IMO.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Astonishing Member

There sure is a lot of speculation going on in relation to a few avatars. You know, it's possible that they just saw that the '90s X-Men cartoon was popular on Disney+ and thought it would be a nice gesture to put up some avatars based on it.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Why bad haircut Storm? How do you mess that up?
    "Cable was right!"

I could not disagree more. With minimal updates, the 90s uniforms could effortlessly be brought into the modern X-Men. What is it about the "modern" uniforms that you feel makes them "modern"? They aren't iconic, eye-catching, distinctive nor memorable. As usual for modern Marvel, once they inevitably move onto the next wave of forgettable uniforms for the X-Men (if they stay on schedule, it will be around October-November), the current uniforms they have now will fade into oblivion. I very much wish I was an artist so I could show how easy it would be to bring the 90s looks into modern times.
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!