View Poll Results: What id your opinion on Jar Jar?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love Jar Jar!

3 11.11%
  • I like Jar Jar!

8 29.63%
  • I am indifferent

6 22.22%
  • I dislike Jar Jar!

3 11.11%
  • I hate Jar Jar!

7 25.93%

Thread: Jar Jar Binks

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Jar Jar Binks

Is the world finally ready to accept that Jar Jar Binks is a great character and added so much too Star Wars? I've watched Phantom Menace so much more than any other film in the franchise and I think Jar Jar is partly the reason. I also recently did some work renovating a house and I found some old Lego inside that I appropriated and I was so happy to find a Jar Jar minifig in it. (As well as my boy Ewan McGregor inside).

Here is some reasons why I like Jar Jar;
    >> He's humorous
    >> He's like the Creature from the Black Lagoon, my favourite universal monster
    >> Gungan lore is deep and interesting
    >> Gungan armies are the best

*woops, I made a typo in the poll!

Additional Question: Will Jar Jar appear in season 7 of Clone Wars? Will us Jar Jar fans finally receive some closure?
    Last edited by Pinsir; 04-01-2020 at 06:19 PM.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Honestly?
    Glad to know I'm not the only one who didn't hate Jar Jar.

I also forgot; in the Clone Wars animated series its implied that he is quiet the ladies man and has saved the galaxy on more then one occasion. He is truly a patrician character.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

I'm apathetic myself.

One of the script drafts of AOTC had Jar-Jar actually kind of "grow up" and act more mature/speak more normally in his new role as the Gungan senator, with the occasional lapse into his old self, much to his embarrassment.

He would also have dialogue with Anakin in ROTS, in a scene that would have set up Palpatine again messing with Anakin's head-Palpatine says he's heard gossip that a "female senator" is distracting Obi-Wan.

Ahmed Best also said he had a scene with Ian in which Palpatine thanks him for the whole emergency powers thing, but that doesn't seem to be in any draft or thing I've seen.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Hate is too strong a word so I voted that I dislike Jar Jar. He's an awful character created for all the wrong reasons. I often found myself wincing inwardly when watching Lucas' attempts at light relief during the PT and Jar Jar symbolises that. I'll mention the farting alien scene in TPM as an example. Surely that's humour aimed at an 8 year old?

I felt for Ahmed Best afterwards though. Jar Jar's reception certainly wasn't his fault. He's an actor that portrayed a specific character as he was directed. If other people enjoy Jar Jar then I'm happy for them.
    Lower The Pissing Winch!

I wonder, is Rose's sidelining during TROS sort of analogous? Granted, Jar-Jar did play an important plot role in AOTC (and the saga in general) by giving Palpatine emergency powers, while Rose mainly just gave moral,some combat support etc and to react to the Carrie footage.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth