Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Must've been during War of Kings, as I wager he is talking about Gladiator protecting Vulcan.
    That's exactly the scene. And it was pretty epic.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Gladiator comes to the conclusion that, while Vulcan is definitely an *******; he swore to serve.

LOYAL TO A FAULT THIS BOY.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I mean, sure, the ring should probably have caught Hal when he started falling, or brought him somewhere to recieve medical attention if it can't repair the damage itself, but otherwise it's completely to be expected that a fit adult male might still get instantly-KO'd if they smacked their head on a bathtub that explicitly had the ability to go right through any forcefields that they are able to create.

The [edit: biggest] question is why Hal even has anything yellow in his home in the first place. I'm just imagining an obituary explaining how Green Lantern ended up choking to death on a Twinkie.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 04-03-2020 at 05:48 PM.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I mean, sure, the ring should probably have caught Hal when he started falling, or brought him somewhere to recieve medical attention if it can't repair the damage itself, but otherwise it's completely to be expected that a fit adult male might still get instantly-KO'd if they smacked their head on a bathtub that explicitly had the ability to go right through any forcefields that they are able to create.

The budget question is why Hal even has anything yellow in his home in the first place. I'm just imagining an obituary explaining how Green Lantern ended up choking to death on a Twinkie.
    That was the main point for me. You have one job: don't let the decorator put in a yellow anything. That's it.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    All these Surfer feats make me wonder just how lopsided those legendary Surfer vs. Thor fights should have been.
    It's funny to think that Stan Lee was actually trying to showcase the pecking order of the big heavies at Marvel at the time in Silver Surfer #4, when these two first collided. Loki was looking into who could actually take out Thor. He finally chose the Surfer but decided even his power was not enough and added a significant portion of his own. Of course, Surfer's massive speed is the main advantage over Thor
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.