View Poll Results: Loner Batman Or Batfamily ?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Loner Batman

19 27.14%
  • Batfamily

51 72.86%

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default Which One do you prefere ?

Loner Batman or Batfamily ?

Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

Absolutely Bat-family: the stories where Batman acts alone can work if he is facing a low level menace (like the ones of the nineties animated series or the sixties TV show), but if the level of the menace increases, then he need the help of the family, because otherwise he seems almost an omnipotent being and this isn't good: in my opinion Batman is great because he is an human.

There are always ways to lone Batman stories in a universe with a Batfamily. I'm Team Batfamily though.

Well, I think it's more nuanced than that. I like a small Batfamily (~4) as a supporting cast used in *some* stories, but I largely prefer solo Batman ones. They add some depth to the universe, but the ridiculous glut we have now subtracts more than it adds
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Well, I think it's more nuanced than that. I like a small Batfamily (~4) as a supporting cast used in *some* stories, but I largely prefer solo Batman ones. They add some depth to the universe, but the ridiculous glut we have now subtracts more than it adds
    Same.

I would ideally like just Bruce, Alfred, Dick and Barbara, and maybe a second Robin (Damian, specifically Morrison's version). Kate Kane would be off doing her own thing. That's all.

I'd actually prefer nightwing to be spinoff. Dick would be better off if he'd just visit the family not live with them.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Same here.
    Batman is essentially Zorro or the Shadow and even those two did not act alone. DC's mistake is keeping all of the Robins around, some could retire. My Batfamily is Bruce, Gordon, Alfred, Robin, Batgirl and my favourite tale of all is Year One

Just Batman with maybe Alfred giving some advice is good enough for me.