View Poll Results: which Batfamily member you don't like ?

Voters
171. You may not vote on this poll
  • Batman (Bruce Wayne)

20 11.70%
  • Nightwing (Dick Grayson)

10 5.85%
  • Drake (Tim Drake)

37 21.64%
  • Robin (Damian Wayne)

50 29.24%
  • Batwoman (Kathy Kane)

33 19.30%
  • Huntress (Helena Bertinelli)

17 9.94%
  • Orphan (Cassandra Cain)

22 12.87%
  • Batiglrl (Barbara Gordon)

15 8.77%
  • Signal (Duke Thomas)

73 42.69%
  • Red Hood (Jason Todd)

41 23.98%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default which Batfamily character(s) you don't like

Lets see the least favorite.

More than half the list. Oopsie
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I have grown to dislike Jason and Tim.

I also picked Duke, but dislike is perhaps too strong a word, I'm largely indifferent to him. I at lest like some of the stories with Huntress, Kane and Cass.

Some versions of Bruce I would definitely dislike/hate, but he has had so many versions and I love enough of them to note vote for him.

The only one I have strong dislike feelings for is Bruce. Not always, but way too often. I'm definitely irritated at how Tim and Dick are written in certain eras (either supergenius or mini-Bats for Tim and non-thinker manchild Dick) but like their older characterizations enough to make up for it. Unlike Bruce, I feel like I can just avoid reading them.

I have a mild liking for Duke (particularly with We Are Robin or Damian), and for Helena, but not strong feelings (though I think Helena is better off outside the Batfamily).

Cass has just never done much for me, but I do want her included in the family and am annoyed by her being excluded and still not Bruce's kid. Have absolutely zero feelings for Kathy Kane, personally. I think Kate is a re-imagined version of her, though, and both shouldn't exist (and Kate wins for me).

Not listed, but I adore orignal-flavor Spoiler Steph (not as fond of the chirpy, banter-y, Batgirl version that most people love), but do also kinda have a liking for her not as enmeshed with Batman, but instead with Tim and Cass. Kinda feel that way about Barbara (but with Dick and Cass).

I resent the victim-blaming and bad-seed describing of Jason that came with his death. It's unfair. I liked him well enough as Robin (intentionally only read post-COIE to not get attached to older version), but had no strong feelings. Since he's been anti-hero since N52, I haven't read him except when he showed up elsewhere, because I'm into heroes, not anti-heroes.

Damian is okay once he's mellowed and is not such a jerk to everyone. I'm not talking about the murderous tendencies here, I'm talking irritating dialog and him insulting people and so forth. Have definitely enjoyed some of the stuff he's been in once he wasn't like that as much anymore (but definitely not reading Teen Titans).

There aren't really any that I actively dislike so I'll go with the one that I like the least, and that's Duke. I dunno. Maybe he's different in Outsiders but from what I've seen, he has the same problem that I have with Wallace (though it's to a lesser extent with Duke) he's just....dull and doesn't really seem to have a place in the family.

Bruce would be my second place choice but I wanna see how other writers can fix the mess that King made of him

Next, unfortunately, is Tim. I already wasn't feeling him all that much in Tec, but it's been kind of a downward spiral for him since he left that book. You'd think having his old team back would help but this Young Justice run has been everything but good to him.
    Last edited by Blue22; 04-02-2020 at 08:12 AM.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Easy: Dick and Damian. They are victim-blamers. Enough said.
    I have beef with Bruce too but not on the same level as Dick and Damian.
    I'm neutral about Kathy (I like Kate), Helena, Barbara and Tim.
    I like Jason, Duke and Cass.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

The only one I don't like is Duke
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor