View Poll Results: which Batfamily member you don't like ?

Voters
171. You may not vote on this poll
  • Batman (Bruce Wayne)

20 11.70%
  • Nightwing (Dick Grayson)

10 5.85%
  • Drake (Tim Drake)

37 21.64%
  • Robin (Damian Wayne)

50 29.24%
  • Batwoman (Kathy Kane)

33 19.30%
  • Huntress (Helena Bertinelli)

17 9.94%
  • Orphan (Cassandra Cain)

22 12.87%
  • Batiglrl (Barbara Gordon)

15 8.77%
  • Signal (Duke Thomas)

73 42.69%
  • Red Hood (Jason Todd)

41 23.98%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I don't like Jason, Batwoman and Damian. The only thing I like from Jason is the Red Hood aesthetic and how he fights with two guns like in Arkham Knight.

I don't have any opinion on Cass.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I'm not a fan of polls like this. There's enough strife about hating or disliking various characters as it is.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Tim Drake. I am sorry. Is my least Favorite Robin and have part of his fanbase as Damian enemies doesn´t help here.

Duke Thomas. Initially I liked his design but when they changed his hairstyle in endgame and in his debut as Hero started with this like BATMAN DOESN´T NEED ROBIN.. BETTER THAN ROBIN I started to hate everything the character as Fan of Almost every Robin. The name too SIGNAL... Why not LARK?(the first name used in him) signal sounds like he is "TOO SPECIAL" again.. The only SIGNAL that should exist in the batworld is the BAT SIGNAL.

Poor Steph.. I know that is one topic of I HATE CERTAIN CHARACTER but... Duke counts as member of the Batfamily here but not her Watch that this character appear every month but not Steph despite she was introduced many years ago and was even Batgirl makes me hate him too.

I never voted her but I did NOT LIKE BATGIRL of Burnside. . Now Barbara seems different(BETTER) but according what I heard DC plans make her return to that after this RUN. For this I am not reading Batgirl now. As some people said.. Her best years were as ORACLE.
    Last edited by adrikito; 04-03-2020 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Duke Thomas. Initially I liked his design but when they changed his hairstyle in endgame and in his debut as Hero started with this like BATMAN DOESN´T NEED ROBIN.. BETTER THAN ROBIN I started to hate everything the character as Fan of Almost every Robin. The name too SIGNAL... Why not LARK?(the first name used in him) signal sounds like he is "TOO SPECIAL" again.. The only SIGNAL that should exist in the batworld is the BAT SIGNAL.
    I don't really get how the name "Signal" is any more "special" than "Lark." Him being a meta is an issue (Bats generally aren't). Making him first one Batman met, as I understand it (haven't read the story and plan to ignore it) is an issue (but then so was sticking Tim back in their past, even if it was a brief meeting). But the name Signal being an issue - don't get it. I think it was chosen over "Lark" because "Lark" sounded "girly" to the audience. I also don't think "Robin" would be chosen for a boy today (not if associated with bird as it now is instead of Robin Hood at least).

Voted for Huntress, but the people listed here I don't really have any issues with. The Bat characters I'm not fond of, like Steph, aren't in the poll.

I do take issue with how some of these characters have been treated. I don't think Jason should be welcome in the family. He was far more interesting as the Punisher of the DCU who'd take a shot at Batman as readily as he would the Penguin, and I feel like since he's been welcomed back to the fold he's not as interesting and has lost his teeth. But I still like Jason, conceptually.

Same with Cass. I'm not fond of what they've done with her in recent years but she's a fascinating character.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

He was far more interesting as the Punisher of the DCU who'd take a shot at Batman as readily as he would the Penguin
    Can't say I agree, but I have a bias there of not liking heroes going bad and not particularly caring about anti-heroes. I hate the "bad-seed" attitude directed towards Jason. Him willing to kill bad guys is fine, but I am totally opposed to him being willing to kill innocents or heroes.

Same with Cass. I'm not fond of what they've done with her in recent years but she's a fascinating character.
    I think making her go bad was the worst decision. It seemed important to me - established in her backstory quickly - that she wasn't that. That even a child, once she understood the reality of it, she rebelled against killing. On the other hand, she doesn't really interest me that much. I find how her power is often used as functionally psychic/telepathic (not always, but too often in a non-battle sense - it doesn't even make sense to me) to be a bit irritating. Perfect-fighter-ness is fine, but hardly a draw for me.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Tim Drake. I am sorry. Is my least Favorite Robin and have part of his fanbase as Damian enemies doesn´t help here.

Poor Steph.. I know that is one topic of I HATE CERTAIN CHARACTER but... Duke counts as member of the Batfamily here but not her Watch that this character appear every month but not Steph despite she was introduced many years ago and was even Batgirl makes me hate him too.

I never voted her but I did NOT LIKE BATGIRL of Burnside. . Now Barbara seems different(BETTER) but according what I heard DC plans make her return to that after this RUN. For this I am not reading Batgirl now. As some people said.. Her best years were as ORACLE.
    Lark is already used as the name of Penguin's henchwoman. His henchwomen are named after birds.

I never managed to like Damian, especially not when he's with the Teen Titans.

Only time i disliked Tim was when he was written by Lobdell but well, there really was nothing to like about that book so i guess it doesn't really count. Can't blame the character for the abysmal performance of the writer.

Spectacular Member

for the signal name Eric Shea of weird science dc podcast probably gave Snyder the idea.

As for the people i don't like

Stephanie, she was involved in two gang wars and yet people treat her like she did nothing wrong.

kate kane , she need to know her role with in that family not the bat's but the Wayne's when that woman said she didn't know why bruce keep jason around like he was a dog or animal to give away. i'm just going to leave it at that because i was going to go off on an rant off topic
    Last edited by redmax99; 04-03-2020 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I'm not a fan of polls like this. There's enough strife about hating or disliking various characters as it is.
    Neither am I.
    It helps that I think that "disliking" and "hate" are too strong words for fictional characters that ultimately depend on what th writers decide for them in each story. Feels unfair.
    Also, because as you point out, is likely to open a can of worms and fuel strife between fanbases.

I saw a poll like this one recently in Reddit too, and I wasn't a fan there either. I would advice anyone to not launch this kind of polls, to be honest.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Neither am I.
    It helps that I think that "disliking" and "hate" are too strong words for fictional characters that ultimately depend on what th writers decide for them in each story. Feels unfair.
    Also, because as you point out, is likely to open a can of worms and fuel strife between fanbases.

I saw a poll like this one recently in Reddit too, and I wasn't a fan there either. I would advice anyone to not launch this kind of polls, to be honest.
    Now I feel bad for voting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Now I feel bad for voting.
    Don't worry, it's just natural. We all tend to do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Edit: I sure have done it plenty of times before this one. I stopped one day, when I realized how much of a bad idea was. Polls about being a fan of? Sure, as long as they are civil and don't evolve into a Civil War. But the others that are like this one, about dislikes and, to some degree, hating... they don't sit well for me, to be honest.

Edit: also, I technically voted, even if it was a blank vote .
    Last edited by Zaresh; 04-03-2020 at 11:59 AM. Reason: wrong use of an English idiom + addendum

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

I chose Batgirl, but it's not because I hate Batgirl. I just think Oracle was a better character. Having Babs as Batgirl has become even more redundant with all the additions that the bat family has had recently. What does she add in her current state?

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Neither am I.

Well said. There's plenty of evidence that strife between fans is stirred up in this thread alone. I dislike many characters - but do I gain from talking about it a lot, other than making people who like those characters unhappy? And sure, it's "unfair" - we're really criticizing creative choices, rather than real people - but a lot of people, myself included, feel very close to these characters because of our long history - that's the point of reading any story, after all.

Edit: also, I technically voted, even if it was a blank vote .
    Same. The vote for blankness! Does that mean I voted for the Question?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Same. The vote for blankness! Does that mean I voted for the Question?
    Oh. Good one!
    *My face when I have no face.