Default Comichron: March 2020

The month of March saw the commercial impact of the COVID-19 outbreak beginning in North America. By midmonth, spring conventions had been called off and many businesses were either having to close or cut hours to slow the spread. Retailers ordered $37.03 million in comics, graphic novels, and magazines from Diamond during the month, almost exactly what they bought in February; that total was 15% lower than March 2019, which was fueled by Detective Comics #1000, the second best-selling comic book of the decade. Here is your link...https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...0/2020-03.html
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Outlawed's ranking doesn't bode well for Champions.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Outlawed's ranking doesn't bode well for Champions.
    Young Justice came in at #86 and Teen Titans came in at #104. Outlawed came in at #61, what am I missing?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

BANNED

Hell yeah captain marvel at almost 44000

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Young Justice came in at #86 and Teen Titans came in at #104. Outlawed came in at #61, what am I missing?
    I think looking at the numbers shipped is more relevant than what position each book landed on. Outlawed debuted with 27k copies shipped, which for a first issue of a brand new event that's gonna have multiple tie-ins, it's definitely not a promising number. I mean, just look at the Iron Man 2020 event and how poorly all of the tie-ins are doing. With smaller books possibly being ordered even less now because of the pandemic, the Outlawed line might be on thin ice.

Yeah, unless it did gangbusters digitally, it looks like it's a flop.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    The fact Outlawed was an issue 1. It should've been in the top 30.

If people ignored it because it's a one-shot, then they're idiots, since it's effectively Champions #0.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 04-30-2020 at 02:58 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I know Spider-Woman had a million Variant covers, but it sounds like people are still surprised it sold as many copies as it did.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I know Spider-Woman had a million Variant covers, but it sounds like people are still surprised it sold as many copies as it did.
    Artgerm cover. Never fails.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

In hindsight, it's basically performing as expected. Hoping it can have some healthy stabilized numbers though.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Spider-Woman for the win. Wow! 142k is phenomenal. Now if this damn virus would go away we could have a second issue.

BANNED

Yeah , remember the black cat book?

Hopefully it has some retention.

Ultimate Member

Look at Captain Marvel. A while back, there were heated arguments around the character and folks were saying that her title will never sell.

Last I checked, her current volume is doing quite well (compared to what came before). Although it helps that the current run is probably Carol Danvers best run since she was renamed Captain Marvel.
    Last edited by Username taken; 04-30-2020 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Look at Captain Marvel. A while back, there were heated arguments around the character and folks were saying that her title will never sell.

Last I’m checked, her current volume is doing quite well (compared to what came before). Although it helps that the current run is probably Carol Danvers best run since she was renamed Captain Marvel.
    It's probably also Kelly Thompson's best selling Superhero book.