Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Damn this goes hard...... What is this?

Spectacular Member

Daken, a street level mutie, have murdered Asgardians during Siege. Hell, a smart teen have been able to flat out humiliate Thor with some plot device. I guess Asgardians aren't gods now...

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    You forgot the Demiurge who's killing the game right now!
    In a early post I put Wiccan to

She’s still not a god

Quote Originally Posted by adamTPTK View Post
    Daken, a street level mutie, have murdered Asgardians during Siege. Hell, a smart teen have been able to flat out humiliate Thor with some plot device. I guess Asgardians aren't gods now...
    Haven't they always been basically humans with extensive lifespan and super strength and really advanced tech? Honestly if that's the case they fall under the Storm category where they were just venerated as gods despite the contrary.

'I have been a goddess longer than you have been alive!' Krakow!
    In the heat of the moment, super-heroes are well known to say all kinds of things.
    A bit like wrestlers…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    In the heat of the moment, super-heroes are well known to say all kinds of things.
    A bit like wrestlers…
    I totally agree. I like storm she’s rad and a amazing character but it still doesn’t make her a god

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

All this discussion really makes me want to get more into this Black Panther!! I can't seem to though keep putting it down, though I am excited to get the goddess stuff with Storm. I hate to say this I always thought her reverence as a goddess was due to ignorance with the Africans and it always made me feel some type of way as a POC myself now I'm actually intrested.
    you are going to love it. coates did a great job considering she is a secondary character.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    I totally agree. I like storm she’s rad and a amazing character but it still doesn’t make her a god
    she is a goddess

no matter how much you dont like it or dont agree canon has established ororo is a goddess, a true one.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    she is a goddess

no matter how much you dont like it or dont agree canon has established ororo is a goddess, a true one.
    Was she born from gods or something or is she a messiah figure. Like power was given to her by the gods

Was she born from gods or something or is she a messiah figure. Like power was given to her by the gods
    ororo bloodline is how she has said ability which extends back to the dawn of humanity.

her true divinity was even captured in hieroglyphics in the pyramids of Egypt:

as the gentleman said the stones do not lie. the foundation was laid years ago, coats finally just tied together all the loose ends.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 04-03-2020 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    ororo bloodline is how she has said ability which extends back to the dawn of humanity.
    Okay I think your changing my mind. So are there any panels on this blood line or issue you can link me to to look up

Okay I think your changing my mind. So are there any panels on this blood line or issue you can link me to to look up
    lolol.. I'm not trying to change your mind but simply provide context through canon. though I'm glad you are coming over to the dark side lol .. these references, in full transparency, in regards to her bloodline going back to the dawn of humanity some used it to talk to her mystical heritage; however, when you look at these stories with what we know now I believe it can be used as evidence to help explain how she is a true goddess. these things havent been fully explained but I believe it offers hints as to what we are now reading.

All this discussion really makes me want to get more into this Black Panther!! I can't seem to though keep putting it down, though I am excited to get the goddess stuff with Storm. I hate to say this I always thought her reverence as a goddess was due to ignorance with the Africans and it always made me feel some type of way as a POC myself now I'm actually intrested.
    That’s awesome! And a very relatable sentiment lol. On of the things I appreciate most about his run is that it flipped the “ignorant savages” trope on its head by making Xavier and everyone else in the “civilized world”, the ones who underestimated her and judged a mutant book by its cover. One of my favorite quotes by Coates that you’ll be coming across soon is by T’challa in regards to Ororo when she reminded him she will never just be his “Queen” again. “I knew that then and I know it now. How could I have tried to cage something as wondrous as you? I was barely a King...and you were always something more than a Queen.”

Damn this goes hard...... What is this?
    The final issue of Uncanny X-Men: Disassmebled, issue 10. The whole event was mehhhh BUT there were some kickass scenes.