Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Depends on what your definition of "god". I don't mind.

Just stop taking Coates' fanfic seriously.
    "Cable was right!"

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    That’s awesome! And a very relatable sentiment lol. On of the things I appreciate most about his run is that it flipped the “ignorant savages” trope on its head by making Xavier and everyone else in the “civilized world”, the ones who underestimated her and judged a mutant book by its cover. One of my favorite quotes by Coates that you’ll be coming across soon is by T’challa in regards to Ororo when she reminded him she will never just be his “Queen” again. “I knew that then and I know it now. How could I have tried to cage something as wondrous as you? I was barely a King...and you were always something more than a Queen.”
    yes boo yes too all of this!! his bp has been soooooooo freaking good.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

So I would say storm, Rachel are demigods

Franklin is a “god”

Hope is a messiah figure.
    X-man is a messiah figure

I only came to say.
    Storm is a Goddess in name , yes.
    But her bloodline is directly from an ElderGod.
    Coates Black Panther established her Godhood is not part of her Mutation.
    Loki could have chosen litteraly anyone to imbude with a MagicHammer But Storm was chosen. I have to Say something about the women just can't deny her Godhood.
    Aside from Loki Even in Asgard she consider a demigod.
    And even before she was label officially an Omega , Storm been claiming GodHood. So with all that she is She's definitely a God. Maybe currently in this life she just cruising through on Jesus mode. Who know when she'll finally ascend to Mount Olympus or whatever can reveal in all that she is.

So everyone who has been the Phoenix when they die go to the white hot room?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    So I would say storm, Rachel are demigods

Franklin is a “god”

Hope is a messiah figure.
    X-man is a messiah figure
    Although Franklin seems the most powerful omega(barring unknown omegas for example if CoV have some) I'd say he is a peer to Hope and XMan(certainly the latter). Godhead getting to people's minds can be problematic even if they are one of a kind.I'd prefer a 'pantheon' than monotheism.

Apocalypse is the most powerful and successful super-team leader ever. Also he once kicked the crap out of Thor in solo combat. He also sired his own race of super-beings. Close enough right?

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    That's probably true. I think in Storm's case she's probably a Blood Relative to a Elder God.
    I wouldn't be shocked to find out she related to Oshtur...it would make sense to me.

I also think this explains her ascendent to godhood. She was tapping into faith long before she joined the X-Men

Faith and Storm.jpg
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Apocalypse is the most powerful and successful super-team leader ever. Also he once kicked the crap out of Thor in solo combat. He also sired his own race of super-beings. Close enough right?
    Super beings you mean the clan. I loved when apocalypse walked onto Krakoa and all the “bad” mutants he spoke for. He really is the father of the mutant race so to speak but not a god

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

At its core I can embrace it but...I really find myself at odds with Coates' concept of Gods, only in the sense that it is horribly revisionist in how he's retconned established stories by far better writers.

Storm's divinity was one thing, because she is still essentially human and that scene is more or less a re-interpretation, it changes very little.

Bast and the other Wakandan Gods however...well, I will never forgive him for that (and many others) transgression.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 04-05-2020 at 06:58 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Would anyone who has had the Phoenix force be considered GODS because doesn’t apart of there essence always stay with the Phoenix force