Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SchismOfMadroces View Post
    Franklin and Galactus, too. I actually wouldn't mind seeing an issue or arc in DoX involving the big G.
    Also important to note that Phoenix and Galactus, the only two beings that scare the Dominions, have very close ties to mutants.

Astonishing Member

Considering who’d occupy the role of devil of in Kurt’s mutant religion, it has occurred to them that at least some of that belief/fear/hatred is going to power her up again, right?

I've always thought the foundation of any god is the power of creation, and destruction not just one or the other. And you need to have followers true believers. That being said, I've never thought of Storm as a goddess more high priestess than anything IMO. Magneto and Apocalypse are also false gods in my book they've already been proven mortal on many occasions, Apocalypse was legit murdered by Rogue a couple months ago.

That being said some mutants have been shown to rise to godhood, while he may currently be a false god, Franklin has potential to ascend as been shown in the future, and we got the Demiurge My boy William "Sentient Lifeforce of the Universe" Kaplan!

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Considering who’d occupy the role of devil of in Kurt’s mutant religion, it has occurred to them that at least some of that belief/fear/hatred is going to power her up again, right?
    Kurt is or was catholic and his father can be considered a literal devil for his appareance and his actions (heīs a being from another dimension in reality), I donīt think he thinks much about Wanda in general, much less like a kind of devil figure for mutants. In fact given he was raised by romani people and his mother is Mystique they have some things in common. They even had a daughter on an alternative reality.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 04-02-2020 at 02:19 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Kurt is or was catholic and his father can be considered a literal devil(heīs a being from another dimension in reality), I doubt a lot he even thinks much about Wanda in general, much less like a kind of devil figure for them. In fact given he was raised by romani people they have some thing in common.
    This makes me wonder who's the head devil between Mephisto and Azazel? Also is Mephisto supposed to be Satan in Marvel or is their another entity?

Spectacular Member

The definition of god has always been extremely loose by Marvel's standards. Have enough power and you can claim you're one. It's really that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Are you reffering to Wanda? If anything she should be the Judas of a mutant religion. If their's gonna be a Satan it should be the trask Sentinals are hellspawn.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    That being said, I've never thought of Storm as a goddess more high priestess than anything IMO. Magneto and Apocalypse are also false gods in my book they've already been proven mortal on many occasions, Apocalypse was legit murdered by Rogue a couple months ago.

That being said some mutants have been shown to rise to godhood, while he may currently be a false god, Franklin has potential to ascend as been shown in the future, and we got the Demiurge My boy William "Sentient Lifeforce of the Universe" Kaplan!
    Storm already has the foundation to transcend into Godhood. What Franklin and your boy Kaplan has is a bit different.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 04-02-2020 at 02:18 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by adamTPTK View Post
    The definition of god has always been extremely loose by Marvel's standards. Have enough power and you can claim you're one. It's really that simple.
    That's true. Apocalypse was like that. Same for Franklin.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Storm already has the foundation to transcend into Godhood. How is that any different than your boy Kaplan or Franklin?
    I'm not saying she can't do It I'm just saying I've never seen her as a goddess, again more high priestess weather witch than anything. Her ascending is possible though I'm not knocking that. *shrugs* I've never read to many Storm centered comics I just started Black Panther from last year trying to see how her and T'Challa got back together I heard from a friend some of the goddess stuff is expanded upon throughout the run.
    Last edited by Journey; 04-02-2020 at 02:24 PM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

This makes me wonder who's the head devil between Mephisto and Azazel? Also is Mephisto supposed to be Satan in Marvel or is their another entity?
    I think thereīs someone else apart from them whoīs supposed to be on a highter scale but marvel has never really aluded to this on the story. They like more to use different devils for their stories without realy going in dept into how they relate to all the other super natural worlds, the elder gods and the mytological gods, there was even a time when Hela was given a place of Mephisto territory, thanks to Loki when she lost Hel and asgard dead people had not place to go after their death, it depends on the writer imo and It gets too convoluted so writers just chose to write one of them at a time.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 04-02-2020 at 02:27 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

BANNED

I'm not saying she can't do It I'm just saying I've never seen her as a goddess, again more high priestess weather witch than anything. Her ascending is possible though I'm not knocking that. *shrugs* I've never read to many Storm centered comics I just started Black Panther from last year trying to see how her and T'Challa got back together I heard from a friend some of the goddess stuff is expanded upon throughout the run.
    When you get to issue 172 you’ll see what so many Storm fans are saying she is a Goddess. Also you should read Shuri issue 9 her Godhead comes up again.

Ooh I just thought of another potential god among mutant, Nate Grey.

Magneto and Apocalypse are also false gods in my book they've already been proven mortal on many occasions, Apocalypse was legit murdered by Rogue a couple months ago.
    This! Especially Apocalypse, he's not even one of the worlds most powerful mutant when it comes to actual mutant powers like some people want to believe. Mutant powers-wise, Meggan can do everything he can do and more. Celestial tech is not his mutant power. Now that I think about without amps he's not that high, but we count his amps so he's up there.

Franklin Richards,
    Hope summers
    Rachel summers is the child of Phoenix and cyclops