Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 117
  1. #76
    Extraordinary Member stormphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    5,729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I'm not going to argue with you anymore if your argument is: no what has happened in the comics or what has been established is not true because my view is true. You have an idea of Gods that you want to stick to, but that is not what a Marvel Universe God is. It's been established that what they share is being empowered by faith and prayers, exactly like Storm has shown.

    You're not showing any evidence if not pointing out common denominators. Storm has ascended and became a goddess in a comicbook. It happened.

    She's not millenials old like the first Orishas weren't when they started to ascend, since they were humans like her. That is not a valid point. We actually do not know if Storm has human limitations when she's in God mode and the limitations she has (being tied to Wakanda and prayers) are common limitations that the other Gods I listed have, which you're dismissing with the weak excuse of being millenials old (they weren't at some point lol).

    Also, human Hell(s) has been pretty much depicted like Asgardians Hel as in you can escape from it. But that doesn't mean they can Resurrect by themselves or they're completely unbothered by Death. Their God of War has been stuck in Hel since Siege when he was killed. Common Asgardians require outside forces to Resurrect. And btw Storm is currently immortal and her Resurrection method bothered Death itself as it wasn't just simple cloning, so there's also that.

    But again, let's leave it at that since you're dismissing any evidence I post because you want to interpret the comics in a certain way.
    Yikes.

    Don't mess with Veitha this User will rip you a NEW A-HOLE Emma Frost would be PROUD. :-)
    MUTANT and PROUD
    #KRAKOA FOREVER

    #catchmutanthands

  2. #77
    ☁ϟ Rosa Snarks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    House Of Almerac
    Posts
    8,258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I'm not going to argue with you anymore if your argument is: no what has happened in the comics or what has been established is not true because my view is true. You have an idea of Gods that you want to stick to, but that is not what a Marvel Universe God is. It's been established that what they share is being empowered by faith and prayers, exactly like Storm has shown.

    You're not showing any evidence if not pointing out common denominators. Storm has ascended and became a goddess in a comicbook. It happened.

    She's not millenials old like the first Orishas weren't when they started to ascend, since they were humans like her. That is not a valid point. We actually do not know if Storm has human limitations when she's in God mode and the limitations she has (being tied to Wakanda and prayers) are common limitations that the other Gods I listed have, which you're dismissing with the weak excuse of being millenials old (they weren't at some point lol).

    Also, human Hell(s) has been pretty much depicted like Asgardians Hel as in you can escape from it. But that doesn't mean they can Resurrect by themselves or they're completely unbothered by Death. Their God of War has been stuck in Hel since Siege when he was killed. Common Asgardians require outside forces to Resurrect. And btw Storm is currently immortal and her Resurrection method bothered Death itself as it wasn't just simple cloning, so there's also that.

    But again, let's leave it at that since you're dismissing any evidence I post because you want to interpret the comics in a certain way.
    I'm just here to cosign this post.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

    ♡♡♡

  3. #78
    Fantastic Member Cruelrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    She's one in name only, for the reasons I cited earlier.



    Her power level doesn't come into play regarding whether or not she's a goddess, it's not relevant.
    Furthermore, being a god(ess) is not "a mode", the same way being a mutant is not "a mode" either, or being a female "is not a mode" too.
    Either she is a god(ess) or she's not. Some things are that simple, and it is one of them.
    I'm saying she's not for the Reason I cited earlier, hence why I refer to her as a goddess in name only.



    You are referring to her abilities, I'm saying abilities is not what makes one a god or goddess. Those are two different things.



    No. What I said is that exceptional physiology is a common trait among gods. Longevity, durability, strength. The same way overcoming death is one, whether through resurrection, reincarnation, or Simply be immune to it and/or immortal.
    Thor isn't defined as a god by his powers, those are secondary.
    Not seeing flaws in your logic

  4. #79
    Extraordinary Member stormphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    5,729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I think he doesn't have the ability to tap into it because he is not a spiritual person. You gotta have faith to tap into faith.

    Now with that being said. Black Panther should be powerful as hell...so I guess you need the God gene to use the power too.
    That's probably true. I think in Storm's case she's probably a Blood Relative to a Elder God.
    MUTANT and PROUD
    #KRAKOA FOREVER

    #catchmutanthands

  5. #80
    Astonishing Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,502

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    I'm just here to cosign this post.


    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Yikes.

    Don't mess with Veitha this User will rip you a NEW A-HOLE Emma Frost would be PROUD. :-)


    Thanks, stormphoenix.

    I hope I didn't sound too bitchy or snappy to People of the Earth, though. In that case, I'm sorry I didn't mean to, PotE.

    But I still stand behind those points.

  6. #81
    Astonishing Member Beetle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Actually, a number of myths and religions do have humans becoming gods. This was the origin of Malina, the Inuit sun goddess for example.
    Yeah there is a very Euro-Centric view of history and divinity in some of these arguments.

    Eastern mythology is full of mundane mortal beings who ascend to godhood through hardwork and study, through their actions and effort. In some iterations even the Jade Emperor began life as a mortal

  7. #82
    Incredible Member Ororo101's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post






    Thanks, stormphoenix.

    I hope I didn't sound too bitchy or snappy to People of the Earth, though. In that case, I'm sorry I didn't mean to, PotE.

    But I still stand behind those points.
    I donít think so at all. What you said was what was presented to us from the writers of comic canon and without personal belief or bias tainting your perception. Itís as simple as that, unfortunately.

  8. #83
    Incredible Member Journey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    992

    Default

    All this discussion really makes me want to get more into this Black Panther!! I can't seem to though keep putting it down, though I am excited to get the goddess stuff with Storm. I hate to say this I always thought her reverence as a goddess was due to ignorance with the Africans and it always made me feel some type of way as a POC myself now I'm actually intrested.

  9. #84
    Astonishing Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,502

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    I don’t think so at all. What you said was what was presented to us from the writers of comic canon and without personal belief or bias tainting your perception. It’s as simple as that, unfortunately.
    Yeah, and I also think that it's actually a nice development for Ororo. She got an upgrade but not in a way that would make her unusable in a team setting, like some power upgrades *coff Phoenix coff* do.

    Speaking of other stuff, what do you guys think of The Five as mythological figures for the mutants? Their doing bothered Death itself and what they do is very similar to what the Eternals do. Since metaphors hold a lot of power in this kind of stuff, they could get a treatment similar to Ororo's.

  10. #85
    Astonishing Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,502

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    All this discussion really makes me want to get more into this Black Panther!! I can't seem to though keep putting it down, though I am excited to get the goddess stuff with Storm. I hate to say this I always thought her reverence as a goddess was due to ignorance with the Africans and it always made me feel some type of way as a POC myself now I'm actually intrested.
    It's pretty good! You should check it out. I didn't really appreciate the long, space story of the second volume though since it was lasting too much for me hahaha but it's overally a very good story and he makes a nice use of Ororo and Wakandan myths.

  11. #86
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    3,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Yeah, and I also think that it's actually a nice development for Ororo. She got an upgrade but not in a way that would make her unusable in a team setting, like some power upgrades *coff Phoenix coff* do.

    Speaking of other stuff, what do you guys think of The Five as mythological figures for the mutants? Their doing bothered Death itself and what they do is very similar to what the Eternals do. Since metaphors hold a lot of power in this kind of stuff, they could get a treatment similar to Ororo's.
    Currently I don't see them as Mythological figures. Nor do I see their existence as entirely metaphorical, given that Hix-Man has given very little story development surrounding them and their abilities, thus far. I see them as five mutants whose separate abilities have been harnessed collectively to produce a new, very interesting and singularly "miraculous" result. (the mutants who have died in other stories, have always been brought back through various, seemingly miraculous means any way...The Five is just another such mean...in essence, they're just doing a very important job).

    It's basically what happens to any mutant once their power has manifested. In an ideal world, if afforded the time and the opportunities to grow and develop any mutant should be able to attain a level of "god-like" proficiency. They each have the potential to transcend...to paraphrase Storm.

    Unfortunately for them, but fortunately for us, the MU is not an ideal world for mutants...something which the current leaders are trying to rectify.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Krakoa, FOREVER!!!

  12. #87
    Mighty Member gambitxremy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,742

    Default

    Only “gods” are
    Franklin Richards

    Rachel Summers because her mother is the Phoenix force and there is only one Rachel in all Existence

  13. #88
    Incredible Member Journey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Only “gods” are
    Franklin Richards

    Rachel Summers because her mother is the Phoenix force and there is only one Rachel in all Existence
    You forgot the Demiurge who's killing the game right now!

  14. #89
    Ultimate Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    12,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Only “gods” are
    Franklin Richards

    Rachel Summers because her mother is the Phoenix force and there is only one Rachel in all Existence

  15. #90
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    17,085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    She's one in name only, for the reasons I cited earlier.
    your reasons don't align to canon though.


    Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Her power level doesn't come into play regarding whether or not she's a goddess, it's not relevant.
    Furthermore, being a god(ess) is not "a mode", the same way being a mutant is not "a mode" either, or being a female "is not a mode" too.
    Either she is a god(ess) or she's not. Some things are that simple, and it is one of them.
    I'm saying she's not for the Reason I cited earlier, hence why I refer to her as a goddess in name only.
    have you read the story of her divinity in black panther because her powers level do matter in that regard. to your point about the "mode" canonically it has been stated her gift of godhead is more than any mutation so it has always been innately a part of her; however, as readers we still don't know how she enters that state. there is indication from canon that she can enter her godhead state either through faith/prayer, when her mind is altered due to hallucinogens, or on her own. This again conflicts with your interpretation of what makes a god. She isnt one in only name but also in power as Tchalla declared shes a bigger god than Adversary (a universal threat).



    Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    You are referring to her abilities, I'm saying abilities is not what makes one a god or goddess. Those are two different things.
    but gods are defined by their abilities, such as hearing prayers and answering them, being able to channel their power through faith and prayers, etc. their abilities are what distinguishes them from regular super powered beings.


    Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    No. What I said is that exceptional physiology is a common trait among gods. Longevity, durability, strength. The same way overcoming death is one, whether through resurrection, reincarnation, or Simply be immune to it and/or immortal.
    Thor isn't defined as a god by his powers, those are secondary.
    what you call traits could also fall under the umbrella of abilities. nevertheless the common is the operative word here and we dont know the extent of storm's goddess abilities. for all we know those areas you mentioned would apply to her as well. nevertheless within the marvel universe being a god has been demonstrated in different ways but the common theme for them is the idea surrounded around faith and prayer, the other stuff you mentioned is debatable.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •