Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best One Shots?

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Default Best One Shots?

Best one-shots you’ve read? These could include done-in-one issues within a title...such as “Roulette” in Daredevil by Miller.

Great thread. I was just about to pick Miller's "Roulette", but you beat me to it. So, I'll go with my 2nd choice...

Daredevil/Bullseye: The Target

Civil War: The Confession

Incredible Member

the 'dear thor' story in marvel double shot 1. Only a couple of pages long but a unique story of faith about a girl throuout her life writing these letters to thor from the beginning at 6 years old all the way to her tragic death.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    the 'dear thor' story in marvel double shot 1. Only a couple of pages long but a unique story of faith about a girl throuout her life writing these letters to thor from the beginning at 6 years old all the way to her tragic death.

That looks great, where can I read this?

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post

I liked this one a lot !

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post

Beat me to it. I just reread this last night. I really enjoyed a lot of The Punisher one shots like The Cell and The End.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

The first thing that came to my mind was:
    Silver Surfer #1 by John Byrne and Stan Lee.
    I remember picking this up in early 1982.
    silversurferv2_1.jpg

Extraordinary Member

I liked this Thor issue...a story told from Hercules's POV. Emphasis on 'story'.

Also liked the Firestar one shot...was not all about action but solidly character driven.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Great thread. I was just about to pick Miller's "Roulette", but you beat me to it. So, I'll go with my 2nd choice...

Daredevil/Bullseye: The Target

Not sure if you're being ironic but if so, that's a great joke. Made me laugh but also sad at the same time.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

I really liked that Free Comic Book Day book, "Captain America / Thor: The Mighty Fighting Avengers".

Whow, 2011 seems like a really long time now. :|
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

My two are "the boy who collected Spider-Man." Great short story and they even made a episode of the 90s Spider-Man cartoon on it.

[IMG][/IMG]

X-Men god loves and man kills was a good one.

[IMG][/IMG]

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I was going to say, that alot of those Marvel OGN were awesome! Doctor Strange in Triumph and Torment and Into Shamballa. Emperor Doom.

I also have to plug the recent Marvel Snapshots Sub-Mariner. It's a period story, set right after the war and told from Betty Dean, Namor's Golden Age girlfriend / gal Friday, and deals with the cost of war on returning soldiers. Old school art by Jerry Ordway, who also did this variant cover.

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Beat me to it. I just reread this last night. I really enjoyed a lot of The Punisher one shots like The Cell and The End.
    Yeah, the Punisher has had several hits & misses when it comes to one-shots. But, I highly recommend...

The Punisher: Assassin's Guild
    Last edited by K7P5V; 04-04-2020 at 03:28 AM.

My favorite Marvel single issues of all time is The Amazing Spiderman 16. His first meeting with Daredevil. And Darevevil was in his yellow costume so that made it better.

Attached Images Attached Images
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.