Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Last of Us II delayed indefinetly.

While Naughty dog is saying the launch window would be kind of problematic, I'm also thinking that the game's subject matter might play a part, as this site noted it might:

https://www.cbr.com/now-right-time-last-of-us-part-ii/
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

And yet A Plague Tale: Innocence is on sale on the Playstation store right now.

Eh, have such a backlog at this point, that it's probably a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    While Naughty dog is saying the launch window would be kind of problematic, I'm also thinking that the game's subject matter might play a part, as this site noted it might:

https://www.cbr.com/now-right-time-last-of-us-part-ii/
    That would be hilariously stupid if it was true. It's a game about mushroom zombies. I don't think there's much in common with what's happening in the real world.

Besides, Sony also delayed their Iron Man VR game at the same time and I can't imagine that game's subject matter would cause any problems, so they're probably telling the truth with their, "logistics" explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    And yet A Plague Tale: Innocence is on sale on the Playstation store right now.
    As is Resident Evil 3/Resistance.

On the same day there's been a massive spoiler leak we now have a new release date: June 19th. ND doing a bit of damage control?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    ND doing a bit of damage control?
    Has to be. That, "indefinite" delay didn't end up being much of anything.

As far as the spoilers go, the plot details have resulted in this game getting absolutely savaged right now. I wasn't planning on getting it since I had no interest in playing as Ellie so I went ahead and read them...

...I shook my head and rolled my eyes more than once.
    Last edited by Xero Kaiser; 05-01-2020 at 02:47 PM.

So some of those spoilers are pure LULZ! What were they thinking? Worst I'm hearing is that there are all kinds of reasons why 70% of the dev team quit? ND is in full meltdown seemingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    Has to be. That, "indefinite" delay didn't end up being much of anything.

As far as the spoilers go, the plot details have resulted in this game getting absolutely savaged right now. I wasn't planning on getting it since I had no interest in playing as Ellie so I went ahead and read them...

...I shook my head and rolled my eyes more than once.
    That bad? Tell me what they were.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    That bad? Tell me what they were.
    The spoilers were bad enough it completely killed my interest in the game. This should have been a one and done.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The spoilers were bad enough it completely killed my interest in the game. This should have been a one and done.
    Okay, now I have to know what they are.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Okay, now I have to know what they are.
    I'll just briefly mention the part that will likely divide people away from the choices the game is, supposing these are true, apparently making.

spoilers:

Early in the game you play as Ellie with Joel as her partner, basically the opposite roles of the first game. At some point in the early plot, a woman is introduced who kills Joel, and is revealed to be the daughter of one of the doctors Joel killed to take Ellie from the facility in the first game. Instead of following Ellie against this woman, the game allegedly forces you to play the rest of the game as Joel's killer, with the goal of killing Ellie because the cycle of revenge has made her into a revenge driven threat to her group.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    I'll just briefly mention the part that will likely divide people away from the choices the game is, supposing these are true, apparently making.

spoilers:

Early in the game you play as Ellie with Joel as her partner, basically the opposite roles of the first game. At some point in the early plot, a woman is introduced who kills Joel, and is revealed to be the daughter of one of the doctors Joel killed to take Ellie from the facility in the first game. Instead of following Ellie against this woman, the game allegedly forces you to play the rest of the game as Joel's killer, with the goal of killing Ellie because the cycle of revenge has made her into a revenge driven threat to her group.
    end of spoilers
    Goodbye pre-order. Thanks for saving me money.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Goodbye pre-order. Thanks for saving me money.
    At this point I'm not sure how accurate the leaks are, but
    spoilers:

I'm 90% sure that this woman, I think her name is Abby, being the daughter of one of the scientists and killing Joel is true. What I'm less sure on is if the part about playing as Abby for the rest of the game is true. A few counter leaks have tried to claim Ellie is still played most of the way with Abby as the antagonist and you only play as Abby for a bit, while others claim the original leak was true and it ends with the implication that Abby will be the main character of a potential third game with Ellie as the main antagonist. Turning Ellie into the bad guy and trying to make me invested in Joel's killer as the new face of the series is definitely the part that is a downer for me, so if there is a chance that that is not true and its still Ellie's journey, I'm holding out for that.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    At this point I'm not sure how accurate the leaks are, but
    spoilers:

I'm 90% sure that this woman, I think her name is Abby, being the daughter of one of the scientists and killing Joel is true. What I'm less sure on is if the part about playing as Abby for the rest of the game is true. A few counter leaks have tried to claim Ellie is still played most of the way with Abby as the antagonist and you only play as Abby for a bit, while others claim the original leak was true and it ends with the implication that Abby will be the main character of a potential third game with Ellie as the main antagonist. Turning Ellie into the bad guy and trying to make me invested in Joel's killer as the new face of the series is definitely the part that is a downer for me, so if there is a chance that that is not true and its still Ellie's journey, I'm holding out for that.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    From my understanding, you play as Abby for half the game. The focus is split between them
    end of spoilers

So its out in two days. The reviews are spectacular so far and its going to end up as one of the highest rated games in history.

I read about, though I didn't see, the spoilers that got leaked a while back. All the reviews are spoiler free and have to be vague but many basically say its kind of a yes and no about some of the spoilers that got leaked. Some of it (they don't specify what the "it" is) happens but not the way it was presented and other stuff doesn't happen the way it was presented.

Its apparently very bleak.

Like many I'd thought about waiting because I didn't like what I'd read in the spoilers but I'm thinking I'll go ahead and do it now before I'm inevitably spoiled as to what actually happens. The first game was just soooooo good story wise - easily the best game from a story and getting me emotionally invested that I've ever played. I expect to be let down but I'll be hoping for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post

I read about, though I didn't see, the spoilers that got leaked a while back. All the reviews are spoiler free and have to be vague but many basically say its kind of a yes and no about some of the spoilers that got leaked. Some of it (they don't specify what the "it" is) happens but not the way it was presented and other stuff doesn't happen the way it was presented.

Its apparently very bleak.
    Some reviewers have been open about how heavy Sony is being on the NDAs for this game. Leads me to believe that the leaks are true. The negative reviews describe it's plot as a petty revenge story.