Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 104
  1. #1
    Astonishing Member ChrisIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,114

    Default Last of Us II delayed indefinetly.

    While Naughty dog is saying the launch window would be kind of problematic, I'm also thinking that the game's subject matter might play a part, as this site noted it might:

    https://www.cbr.com/now-right-time-last-of-us-part-ii/
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

    https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

  2. #2
    Astonishing Member Tuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,994

    Default

    And yet A Plague Tale: Innocence is on sale on the Playstation store right now.

    Eh, have such a backlog at this point, that it's probably a good thing.

  3. #3
    Wrath of a God Xero Kaiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    While Naughty dog is saying the launch window would be kind of problematic, I'm also thinking that the game's subject matter might play a part, as this site noted it might:

    https://www.cbr.com/now-right-time-last-of-us-part-ii/
    That would be hilariously stupid if it was true. It's a game about mushroom zombies. I don't think there's much in common with what's happening in the real world.

    Besides, Sony also delayed their Iron Man VR game at the same time and I can't imagine that game's subject matter would cause any problems, so they're probably telling the truth with their, "logistics" explanation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    And yet A Plague Tale: Innocence is on sale on the Playstation store right now.
    As is Resident Evil 3/Resistance.

  4. #4
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    11

    Default

    this is the worst article i have ever read it is ridiculous Resident evil 3 went out everyone playing it and everyone is fine.

    ___________________________
    Appvalley Tweakbox
    Last edited by damiendada; 05-15-2020 at 10:50 AM.

  5. #5
    Astonishing Member ChrisIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,114

    Default

    On the same day there's been a massive spoiler leak we now have a new release date: June 19th. ND doing a bit of damage control?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

    https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

  6. #6
    Wrath of a God Xero Kaiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    ND doing a bit of damage control?
    Has to be. That, "indefinite" delay didn't end up being much of anything.

    As far as the spoilers go, the plot details have resulted in this game getting absolutely savaged right now. I wasn't planning on getting it since I had no interest in playing as Ellie so I went ahead and read them...

    ...I shook my head and rolled my eyes more than once.
    Last edited by Xero Kaiser; 05-01-2020 at 02:47 PM.

  7. #7
    Swollen Member GOLGO 13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,610

    Default

    So some of those spoilers are pure LULZ! What were they thinking? Worst I'm hearing is that there are all kinds of reasons why 70% of the dev team quit? ND is in full meltdown seemingly.

  8. #8
    Mighty Member Anthony W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    Has to be. That, "indefinite" delay didn't end up being much of anything.

    As far as the spoilers go, the plot details have resulted in this game getting absolutely savaged right now. I wasn't planning on getting it since I had no interest in playing as Ellie so I went ahead and read them...

    ...I shook my head and rolled my eyes more than once.
    That bad? Tell me what they were.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

  9. #9
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    8,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    That bad? Tell me what they were.
    The spoilers were bad enough it completely killed my interest in the game. This should have been a one and done.

  10. #10
    Mighty Member Anthony W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The spoilers were bad enough it completely killed my interest in the game. This should have been a one and done.
    Okay, now I have to know what they are.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

  11. #11
    Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Okay, now I have to know what they are.
    I'll just briefly mention the part that will likely divide people away from the choices the game is, supposing these are true, apparently making.

    spoilers:

    Early in the game you play as Ellie with Joel as her partner, basically the opposite roles of the first game. At some point in the early plot, a woman is introduced who kills Joel, and is revealed to be the daughter of one of the doctors Joel killed to take Ellie from the facility in the first game. Instead of following Ellie against this woman, the game allegedly forces you to play the rest of the game as Joel's killer, with the goal of killing Ellie because the cycle of revenge has made her into a revenge driven threat to her group.
    end of spoilers

  12. #12
    Mighty Member Anthony W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    I'll just briefly mention the part that will likely divide people away from the choices the game is, supposing these are true, apparently making.

    spoilers:

    Early in the game you play as Ellie with Joel as her partner, basically the opposite roles of the first game. At some point in the early plot, a woman is introduced who kills Joel, and is revealed to be the daughter of one of the doctors Joel killed to take Ellie from the facility in the first game. Instead of following Ellie against this woman, the game allegedly forces you to play the rest of the game as Joel's killer, with the goal of killing Ellie because the cycle of revenge has made her into a revenge driven threat to her group.
    end of spoilers
    Goodbye pre-order. Thanks for saving me money.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

  13. #13
    Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Goodbye pre-order. Thanks for saving me money.
    At this point I'm not sure how accurate the leaks are, but
    spoilers:

    I'm 90% sure that this woman, I think her name is Abby, being the daughter of one of the scientists and killing Joel is true. What I'm less sure on is if the part about playing as Abby for the rest of the game is true. A few counter leaks have tried to claim Ellie is still played most of the way with Abby as the antagonist and you only play as Abby for a bit, while others claim the original leak was true and it ends with the implication that Abby will be the main character of a potential third game with Ellie as the main antagonist. Turning Ellie into the bad guy and trying to make me invested in Joel's killer as the new face of the series is definitely the part that is a downer for me, so if there is a chance that that is not true and its still Ellie's journey, I'm holding out for that.
    end of spoilers

  14. #14
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    8,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    At this point I'm not sure how accurate the leaks are, but
    spoilers:

    I'm 90% sure that this woman, I think her name is Abby, being the daughter of one of the scientists and killing Joel is true. What I'm less sure on is if the part about playing as Abby for the rest of the game is true. A few counter leaks have tried to claim Ellie is still played most of the way with Abby as the antagonist and you only play as Abby for a bit, while others claim the original leak was true and it ends with the implication that Abby will be the main character of a potential third game with Ellie as the main antagonist. Turning Ellie into the bad guy and trying to make me invested in Joel's killer as the new face of the series is definitely the part that is a downer for me, so if there is a chance that that is not true and its still Ellie's journey, I'm holding out for that.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    From my understanding, you play as Abby for half the game. The focus is split between them
    end of spoilers

  15. #15
    Incredible Member TriggerWarning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    936

    Default

    So its out in two days. The reviews are spectacular so far and its going to end up as one of the highest rated games in history.

    I read about, though I didn't see, the spoilers that got leaked a while back. All the reviews are spoiler free and have to be vague but many basically say its kind of a yes and no about some of the spoilers that got leaked. Some of it (they don't specify what the "it" is) happens but not the way it was presented and other stuff doesn't happen the way it was presented.

    Its apparently very bleak.

    Like many I'd thought about waiting because I didn't like what I'd read in the spoilers but I'm thinking I'll go ahead and do it now before I'm inevitably spoiled as to what actually happens. The first game was just soooooo good story wise - easily the best game from a story and getting me emotionally invested that I've ever played. I expect to be let down but I'll be hoping for the best.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •