Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I’m quite looking forward to getting to kill individually named bad guy sprites, so I can reflect solemnly on the futility of violence and also scavenge ammo from their corpses. I hope they have weird American names like Zeke and Tyler so it’s not like killing real people, who in the UK would all be called Dave.

Well, that sucked.

So I'm maybe 7 to 8 hrs into the game. Play style wise its near identical to the first game so far. Storywise its really apparent that the spoilers that got leaked harmed this game. I had tried to avoid them but trolls loves to post stuff in comments so I had seen some. At least one happens about 2 to 3 hrs in exactly as described and because I knew it was coming it didn't have near the emotional impact it might have. spoilers:
    What happens to Joel
    end of spoilers

I saw another spoiler based off those early leaks that I have a hunch was misleading. spoilers:
    Someone said Ellie gets killed as well and then you play the rest of the game as the girl who killed Joel. I think this is misleading. You play early in the game as Abby even before she kills Joel. I know I will be playing as her again at some point. While not there yet I'm betting that the game eventually comes back to Ellie.
    end of spoilers

Thus far the game hasn't grabbed me emotionally like the first one did but that may not be a fair comparison. The first game didn't grab me initially either as it was a journey of getting to know these characters. Here we already know Ellie and are getting to know Dina, Ellie's girlfriend and companion in the game. As I said the spoiler ruined the big event early in the game so it lost some of its impact.

All the reviews called the game so violent to the point of being mind numbing. I'm not sure what they expected, the first game was hyper violent too.

Its also apparent that they filmed fake scenes for the trailers as there is stuff shown in those that didn't happen early and now cannot happen. spoilers:
    The scene where Joel tells Ellie he isn't going to let her do this alone and the one where Joel asks her what she's doing. Unless those are dream sequences or flashbacks, Joel is very dead and obviously these can't happen.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by TriggerWarning; 06-20-2020 at 11:28 AM.

At roughly the 8 to 9 hr mark there is part that gave me all the feels for why I loved the first game so much. Great interlude and as powerful as this was here I can't help but wonder how much more powerful it would be if I hadn't known that stupid first spoiler. Jurassic Park. You'll know it when you get there.

Finally have hit one new monster that wasn't in the original game. It was in the some of the trailers and developer videos over the last year though so not a huge surprise. While its supposed to be a a step up from other typical ones its actually pretty easy to deal unless it gets you cornered.

100% confirmed that they created fake scenes for the trailers of the game. I just reached a scene that was featured prominently in the trailers and its totally same yet totally different as they swapped out a character for another. spoilers:
    In the trailers there is a scene where a roughed up Ellie says "What the hell are you doing here?" You then see Joel step out and say something like "You didn't think I was going to let you do this alone?" Well the scene plays out identical for Ellie but its another character you meet early in the game named Jessie. He says the same line as Joel
    end of spoilers

I knew that the scene in the trailer was obviously fake I just wasn't sure if all of it was or not.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I been watching the streams of this game. Plot is straight trash, the pacing is awful and I found Joel to be out of character. I don't find any of the new characters likable.

Mighty Member

Solid game but wow do I want Ellie dead. Like it's rare I do this much of a 180 on a character.

Just finished this. Went in avoiding everything after I heard things were leaked, so I went in unspoiled. Honestly it left me just frustrated and disappointed. Well constructed, starts off strong even, but then just loses its momentum.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-22-2020 at 06:27 AM.

Hated Ellie by the end. Abby is a way better person and deserved better

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Abby is a way better person and deserved better

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Abby and her people at least only killed Joel. They didn't firebomb Jackson or kill a percentage of it's population to get to Joel. Tommy and Ellie killed a whole mess of people that had nothing to do with Abby or what happened to Joel.

Mighty Member

Something else to consider. https://twitter.com/Neil_Druckmann/s...03339907178496

Too much BS "leaked" with the spoilers that had nothing to do with the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    Abby and her people at least only killed Joel. They didn't firebomb Jackson or kill a percentage of it's population to get to Joel. Tommy and Ellie killed a whole mess of people that had nothing to do with Abby or what happened to Joel.
    Abby started killing the same people Tommy and Ellie were. The whole idea of idea of “good person” and “bad person” betrays the world of Last of Us. Those are notions it couldn’t really afford.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-22-2020 at 04:46 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Abby started killing the same people Tommy and Ellie were. The whole idea of idea of “good person” and “bad person” betrays the world of Last of Us. Those are notions it couldn’t really afford.
    I haven't got that far but I am presuming Lev is what gets her to turn against them. The whole "it's a grey world" thing would have more weight if people weren't treating Abby as Satan's incarnation on Earth for doing things that when Joel or Ellie do they cheer.

EDIT: Got to that part yeah that was what i expected. That situation is very different from Ellie's. Abby fought to save Lev and herself and get out of there. Ellie and Tommy deliberately went into another groups area to kill members of that group and anyone else unfortunate enough to come across them.
    Last edited by Farealmer; 06-22-2020 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    I found Abby completely unlikable. She's an unredeemable sociopath and no amount of flashbacks with her dad, and love of dogs will change that.