Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Hellboy would fit right in on Justice League Dark as their resident grumpy old man who has seen it all.
    He'd be a great fit for the DCU.

I like Morrison's Frankenstein a lot, and he was clearly meant to be a Hellboy proxy, but Injustice 2 really, really made me want to see Hellboy himself interacting with DC's heroes.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Titan, Vortex, and maybe Rebel from Comic's Greatest World, (Dark Horse), for the JLA, and Ghost and King Tiger for JL Dark. Maybe Barb Wire for JLE. The Shadow for JL Dark? Or JSA?

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    The Shadow for...JSA?
    I’d love a JSA/Mighty Crusaders crossover.

The latest incarnation was similar to the JSA in premise, w. a mix of veteran and legacy characters...:

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I’d love a JSA/Mighty Crusaders crossover.

The latest incarnation was similar to the JSA in premise, w. a mix of veteran and legacy characters...:

It occured to me The Shadow is very like certain JSAers, especially the Golden Age Sandman. Not the exact powers, but the vibe and setting. Definitely a "mystery man".

Yeah Shadow is definitely in that mold. The original Green Hornet, too.
    Doc Savage would mix well w. the WWII DC heroes, imo.

I'd seriously love to get all those pulp heroes into DC. Phantom, Zorro, Shadow, Green Hornet (especially Green Hornet), Doc Savage......

Superman was the first superhero, but he still drew inspiration from that lot, and with the JSA and DC's strong history to the WWII era, those pulp guys would fit so nicely you'd never realize they were transplants.

That Batman-Shadow mini for example, fused things together so smoothly even *I* wasn't sure if Shadow was a part of the regular DCU or not!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Yeah Shadow is definitely in that mold. The original Green Hornet, too.
    Doc Savage would mix well w. the WWII DC heroes, imo.
    I totally love Doc Savage. I wish DC could license him for a reasonable time so he could join the JSA along with his pals.

BANNED

I think some of these guys would work better as an established precursor team to the JSA, operating in WW1 and the roaring 20s, like that pulp precursor to Iron Fist that Fraction created.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    I think some of these guys would work better as an established precursor team to the JSA, operating in WW1 and the roaring 20s, like that pulp precursor to Iron Fist that Fraction created.
    Given his more or less immortality, The Shadow could be both a roaring twenties character who JSAers like Sandman drew inspiration from, AND someone the team could meet twenty years later.

The idea of heroes in the JSA having someone as their inspiration would be pretty neat to play with.
    On meeting The Shadow they could be “Is that...?” “No, it couldn’t be!”

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Doctor Mirage

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    That's f*cking brilliant, that is.

Hope you don't mind but I'm totally stealing that for my head canons. Sorry not sorry.

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    It occured to me The Shadow is very like certain JSAers, especially the Golden Age Sandman. Not the exact powers, but the vibe and setting. Definitely a "mystery man".
    Wouldn't the Shadow be a but too "murdery" for the JSA? He's like the Punisher, no? (or maybe it's just the incarnations I've seen, anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Wouldn't the Shadow be a but too "murdery" for the JSA? He's like the Punisher, no? (or maybe it's just the incarnations I've seen, anyway)
    Things were a bit looser back in the day, on the murdery stuff.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I would love to see Shadow, Doc Savage, The Rocketeer, Green Hornet & Kato team-up with Clark Kent, Lois Lane & Bruce Wayne circa 1938.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I would love to see Shadow, Doc Savage, The Rocketeer, Green Hornet & Kato team-up with Clark Kent, Lois Lane & Bruce Wayne circa 1938.
    Similar to Masks, right?