View Poll Results: Do You See Superman as the Leader of the Justice League?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

24 54.55%
  • No

13 29.55%
  • Don't Know

2 4.55%
  • Don't Care

5 11.36%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

When I was a kid, I had a Justice League picture book called "The Lunar Invaders". I think it was supposed to come with a cassette tape, but I didn't have that; I got the book second-hand.

Anyway, in that book, Wonder Woman was the leader of the Justice League, so to me, Wonder Woman should always be the leader of the Justice League. Also her deferment and eventual acceptance of the leadership role in the Justice League live action movie struck me as the pretty good outline of an underdeveloped plot, so... that just makes me think she should be leader even more.

And sure, that's basically arbitrary, but I don't think it's any worse of a concept for that.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I see him as the most inspiring figure and the face of the group since most people revere him as a hero. He doesn't seem to be the one who leads or plans but take action against the strongest villains and ensure innocent's safety because he's one of the fastest and strongest, and also making speech to the public because he's charismatic and trusted.

So I guess he can be the one who rallies either the public or other heroes, but not the planner.

The planner's definitely Batman.

Batman should probably be the Guy in the Chair. The Guy in the Chair is never the leader, but he's a major player in the way the mission goes. But Bruce is way too stubborn not to go out in the field, haha!
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I see him as the most inspiring figure and the face of the group since most people revere him as a hero. He doesn't seem to be the one who leads or plans but take action against the strongest villains and ensure innocent's safety because he's one of the fastest and strongest, and also making speech to the public because he's charismatic and trusted.

So I guess he can be the one who rallies either the public or other heroes, but not the planner.

The planner's definitely Batman.
    Yeah! I am done with superman and speeches. You know what, They should write a book called "whatever happened to the man of action".

On topic, i don't care. Superman is an idealist, with certain disregard for protocols and rules. That means, he will stick to an ideal to death, mainly truth and justice . He isn't much of a team player, sucks at sidekicks and mentoring. He is more intuitive. He isn't a planner. I imagine he wouldn't fit. He can if he wants to and tries to, but i don't think he would want to. I imagine, if there is a poll superman might win. But, ultimately he would decline and he himself would find someone worthy.by any chance, even if he did accept. It would be more like superman jumps into a conflict head first, because of his anger issues and instinct to protect people . And the other members would have to make up plans around Clark's actions as he goes along.

For example, suppose there is this big intergalactic issue with a warlord with certain political power and immunities taking in slaves and treating them badly. Well, then Clark wouldn't give two hoots. He would jump in and punch the guy to the moon. Which leads to the guys like bruce(devices a plan) and hal(deals with politcs with his connections as green lantern ) to pick up the pieces of Clark's action to support the league against any repercussions. Essentially, clark goes around doing what he does and the league will do whatever they are best at or their jobs. There wouldn't be much handholding.

It's not that clark is an idiot or anything. It's just that he wouldn't stand bullies and he wouldn't bow before anyone by force. He isn't afraid of any man, woman, god, beast, alien or thing, even his own weakness kryptonite. He fights for those who can't defend themselves or fight for themselves.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 04-04-2020 at 04:02 AM.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Yeah, he's the leader. Its loose between he and the trinity, but .... similar to what Dr.Manhattan pointed out he's the focal point of all the universes or a butterfly flaps its wings or some such jibberish
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Superman is the front man and moral leader.

Batman is the tactical and financial leader.

Wonder Woman is the Captain in the battle field.

*I'm not sure I used the correct term but you get the idea*

BANNED

Yes, but more of a "first among equals" type.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post

This exactly what i was going for,it might seem like a flaw to people. But superman will always rush in to save the day
    "Meddling when you don't have to is the essence of a hero"