Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    What sex scenes? No Marvel movie ever had a sex scenes, they left those to Netflix and they kept their clothes on for that.
    Tony banging the reporter in the first Iron Man. I think some of these are a stretch. Black Widow is STILL being sexualized. And, yes, Captain America would punch Hitler. Not sure what BS this is. I'm trying to figure out where the stripper pole was stored. They were on a plane!
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Tony banging the reporter in the first Iron Man. I think some of these are a stretch. Black Widow is STILL being sexualized. And, yes, Captain America would punch Hitler. Not sure what BS this is. I'm trying to figure out where the stripper pole was stored. They were on a plane!
    It wasn't actually a sex scene as such though was it. I'm pretty sure that the sight of the delightful Leslie Bibb walking around in just a bedsheet won't bring society crashing down to it's knees .
    Lower The Pissing Winch!

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    If all you want from your movies is swearing and sex the internet has a ton of free content for you.
    I think they can find a point with language somewhere between the South Park film and something G rated. No one needs to sound like the stereotypical sailor but a world where no one ever uses a cross word (especially when some characters have a background where such language is the norm) seems weird. Keeping it to a minimum seems to work, it allows those moments to have the right effect. Although when it comes to sex scenes in cinema my preference has always been the fade to black.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I personally think sex scenes can be very poignant and integral to relationships, but with the MCU marketed more as family-oriented Superhero entertainment, they aren't really something you can just throw in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I personally think sex scenes can be very poignant and integral to relationships, but with the MCU marketed more as family-oriented Superhero entertainment, they aren't really something you can just throw in there.
    They make a lot more sense when the film is about a romantic (or sexual) relationship, but that isn't typically what a superhero film is about.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Tony banging the reporter in the first Iron Man.
    All we saw was them hooking up and her waking up the next morning. Personally, I wouldn't call that a sex scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    They make a lot more sense when the film is about a romantic (or sexual) relationship, but that isn't typically what a superhero film is about.
    I remember when Ant-Man and The Wasp was advertised as a romantic comedy before the director backtracked and that was pretty far from what the movie ended up being .
    All we saw was them hooking up and her waking up the next morning. Personally, I wouldn't call that a sex scene.
    We saw her wake up naked and walking around Tony's place in nothing but a shirt and panties. It didn't leave much to the imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    That seems like a lot of BS to me, though there haven't been any sex scenes similar to the one mentioned in Iron Man we did get scenes like this:

And Sam Jackson's post credit line was a definite implied f-bomb, and you can bet your bottom dollar they'd be willing to recast if an actor wanted more money, especially if they were just a supporting role.
    I thought he dropped an F bomb in Captain Marvel wasn't till after I saw online he said Mother Flurkin. But yea MCU has never dropped an fbomb. Aunt mays and Furys two scene are closer imo then the scene from Ironman 2.

Astonishing Member

We saw her wake up naked and walking around Tony's place in nothing but a shirt and panties. It didn't leave much to the imagination.
    We didn't see anything LOL Being in a shirt and panties is sexy but it's not a sex scene. You'll find racier moments in the Netflix shows, like Punisher.

The list is repetitive. 4 is about sex or something sexy. The only things on the list that gets me is Tony's alcoholism and Captain America punching Hitler. When MCU stopped all their chances of making good movies is when they shifted the substance of what is allowed in their films. The phase one movies had a lot of promise although it was sacrificed with making disposable films to build up to Avengers 1. Disney just destroyed MCU from then on.

I personally think sex scenes can be very poignant and integral to relationships,
    I watched the Shape of Water yesterday. Part of being quarantined at home is getting the chance to see all the best picture Oscar films. The love making scenes were poignant for sure. The film nailed the sexual encounters between the fish and the girl beautifully and I am a person who finds all kinds of bestiality gross.

but with the MCU marketed more as family-oriented Superhero entertainment, they aren't really something you can just throw in there.
    How is James Bond marketed. Those films do billions at the box office. I remember X-Men 2 vividly well. There were sex scenes, swearing, smoking and problems worse than alcoholism in that film.

Bond is garbage and works on such an old school model its kind of insane.

We didn't see anything LOL Being in a shirt and panties is sexy but it's not a sex scene. You'll find racier moments in the Netflix shows, like Punisher.
    It fits the established parameters of PG sex scenes. Short of having them doing the entire deed on-screen, which probably wouldn't happen in a PG-13 movie, it's as close as that kind of film can get.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    The list is repetitive. 4 is about sex or something sexy. The only things on the list that gets me is Tony's alcoholism and Captain America punching Hitler. When MCU stopped all their chances of making good movies is when they shifted the substance of what is allowed in their films. The phase one movies had a lot of promise although it was sacrificed with making disposable films to build up to Avengers 1. Disney just destroyed MCU from then on.
    To be honest, even in IM2 I never expected them to go too deeply into Tony's alcoholism as the comics did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    How is James Bond marketed. Those films do billions at the box office. I remember X-Men 2 vividly well. There were sex scenes, swearing, smoking and problems worse than alcoholism in that film.
    Bond and the Fox X-Men are aimed at different audiences then the MCU at this point.

Didn't Iron Man 3's flashback start with a few of those?

BTW the Bond movies have never really been that explicit, although the Brosnan/Halle Berry scene from Die Another Day is a bit borderline, and the Roger Moore films of all Bonds managed to get away with a lot considering their PG ratings.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 04-05-2020 at 08:46 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Didn't Iron Man 3's flashback start with a few of those?
    Oh yeah, I forgot he slept with Maya and then contributed to her project before cutting and running the morning after.