Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oh yeah, I forgot he slept with Maya and then contributed to her project before cutting and running the morning after.
    What's more disturbing for me than this or Black Widow/Hulk .... the Sharon/Peggy/Steve love triangle.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Didn't Iron Man 3's flashback start with a few of those?

BTW the Bond movies have never really been that explicit, although the Brosnan/Halle Berry scene from Die Another Day is a bit borderline, and the Roger Moore films of all Bonds managed to get away with a lot considering their PG ratings.
    I wonder if that's because the Moore films were rather tongue in cheek by design. Moore said he was never able to take the concept of a spy whose name EVERYBODY knew seriously.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Also I'm pretty sure Agents of SHIELD-which is MCU but not Netflix exclusive-has had the characters sleep around a bit, although at least one is a married couple (well, sort of). There's even a scene last season which had two characters trip out on space acid pretty much.

It's also had some fairly gnarly deaths in season 3 (Hive melting people to bloody skeletons) and in 4 (Several burnings, including Aida's which is pretty graphic)
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    https://www.comicbookmovie.com/marve...-a174255?cp=10

10. Bruce Banner Can't Get Laid

9. Tony Stark's Stripper Pole

8. General "Thunderbolt" Ross' Love Of Cigars

7. Tony Stark's Alcoholism

6. Sexualising Black Widow

5. F-Bombs

4. Recasting Rhodey

3. "Thunderstruck"

2. Captain America Punches Hitler

1. Sex Scenes

Bob Iger achieved the unimaginable in belittling the MCU. He should have put that in his book instead of saying Marvel was too edgy.
    Still trying to sell your opinions About the MCU as fact I see.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    What's more disturbing for me than this or Black Widow/Hulk .... the Sharon/Peggy/Steve love triangle.
    They really didn't do Sharon, or her relationship with Steve, justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They really didn't do Sharon, or her relationship with Steve, justice.
    Hers was really a "blink and you'll miss it" type of thing.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Black Widow/Hulk in Ultron was awkward. Mark Ruffalo was spiting his lines. Hulk's personal romantic life crises was already covered in the first film with Liv Tyler and Edward Norton, both who came off as more sincere in the romance than Mark Ruffalo and Scarlett Johansson in Ultron.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Black Widow/Hulk in Ultron was awkward. Mark Ruffalo was spiting his lines. Hulk's personal romantic life crises was already covered in the first film with Liv Tyler and Edward Norton, both who came off as more sincere in the romance than Mark Ruffalo and Scarlett Johansson in Ultron.
    I was happy to see them do something different and quite liked the Widow/Hulk relationship

I was happy to see them do something different and quite liked the Widow/Hulk relationship
    If Ed Norton was still around.

It was criminal that MCU let Ed Norton go.

If Ed Norton was still around.

It was criminal that MCU let Ed Norton go.
    Not really, dude was being an egomaniac.

BANNED

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/marve...-a174255?cp=10

10. Bruce Banner Can't Get Laid

9. Tony Stark's Stripper Pole

8. General "Thunderbolt" Ross' Love Of Cigars

7. Tony Stark's Alcoholism

6. Sexualising Black Widow

5. F-Bombs

4. Recasting Rhodey

3. "Thunderstruck"

2. Captain America Punches Hitler

1. Sex Scenes

Bob Iger achieved the unimaginable in belittling the MCU. He should have put that in his book instead of saying Marvel was too edgy.
    Are people being forced to watch MCU movies? Like, the pathological vitriol that still flies suggests people are strapped to a chair in someone’s basement underneath a poster of Mickey Mouse and being forced to watch The Dark World etc.

You don’t have to watch these movies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sammy_hansen View Post
    Are people being forced to watch MCU movies? Like, the pathological vitriol that still flies suggests people are strapped to a chair in someone’s basement underneath a poster of Mickey Mouse and being forced to watch The Dark World etc.

You don’t have to watch these movies.
    Tell that to the mouse, who is just making me watch all MCU movies one after another^^
    Don't try to counter the OP made-up stuff with facts. That ship has sailed a long time ago. If the OP made YouTube videos with this made-up stuff he would at least get clicks and perhaps some money out of it, but posting this again and again is just sad.

I would like to think that Thor's "He's adopted" joke in "Avengers" wouldn't fly today. As someone who's life was positively affected by the practice of adoption, there have been so many cheap jokes about children of adoption as being "bad seeds" or not "really" being family, this joke hurt and took me out of the movie. It's been a stigma for so long and I think culture has been more sensitive to families of adoption that the old cheap jabs seem outdated. Or at least I would hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Not really, dude was being an egomaniac.

Calling an actor an egomaniac for wanting a gritter multidimensional character driven role to play in a film does not make the film you are trying to defend look better. its makes its mediocrity look more obvious.

Ed Norton proposed a Dark knight style trilogy for Hulk. A role he could have fit into probably better than Christian Bale did. How is that being an egomaniac?

Calling an actor an egomaniac for wanting a gritter multidimensional character driven role to play in a film does not make the film you are trying to defend look better. its makes its mediocrity look more obvious.

Ed Norton proposed a Dark knight style trilogy for Hulk. A role he could have fit into probably better than Christian Bale did. How is that being an egomaniac?
    Norton locked out the Director and edited American History X the Director famously wanted his name off the film. Norton is a good actor but Egomanic fits him.