Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Banner turning into Hulk because he's turned on is one of the dumbest things in all superhero movies.
    It may be one of the dumbest things of all time! If you turn into the Hulk during sex, you're doing it wrong

Probably it would make more sense if when the Hulk got horny he would turn back into Banner.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 04-21-2020 at 11:24 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Angel turned the first time because his needs were simplistic. All he wanted was to be with Buffy. So once he got that, he achieved "perfect happiness." It was a great metaphor for how men change after sex and how first lives turn bad afterwards.

In "Angel" we see his growth. When they need to bring Angelus back in season 4, you see how it takes a lot more for him to become "perfectly happy."

It was never just sex. They drive that home when he sleeps with Darla.
    Faith too I think.

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    Angel did not transform back to Angelus because of the Sex. It was because he was truly happy. Stop making up stuff to make your "Points".
    And if you really think Mark Ruffalo is "too comical and soapy" you Need to watch the movie again without your bias.

Thanks for the laugh again. "sex is a bigger trigger for men than any other Emotion" Really? So much wrong in one sentence.

But seeing you seem incapable of understanding the Buffy Scene you mentioned it is no wonder you would think this.

If you try to sell your opinion as fact at least try to stay with the truth. But knowing your usual Posts that would be impossible for you.
    Angel transferred back to Angelus when he and Buffy had sex. For Angel it was the love making with Buffy. the love making brought him happiness that triggered the curse. Whedon once said the story was a metaphor of your boyfriend not calling you anymore when he has gotten laid.

He had already been happy with buffy many times. It was his happiness that began to worry the Gypies that he may go truly evil again. This came to full circle when the happiness of being with buffy led them to have sex for the first time.

You are telling me I dont understand Buffy when you got the entire story arc wrong. Surprise/Innocence and Amends makes everything I said true. Don't get Buffy wrong, call out Bob Iger for his crap. Marvel is suppose to rival the Buffyverse with provoking stories. Buffy is not a kiddie thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    It may be one of the dumbest things of all time! If you turn into the Hulk during sex, you're doing it wrong
    It is how you write sex themed stories. How many teen movies have tackled teenagers and sex? Its not about getting horny or just getting laid. Bruce loves Betty Ross, a story of loving her but hurting her during an intense passionate moment will make a lot of sense. it will make the most sense than another stuck story of, am angry and I am now a monster again.

The character in love can easily evolve from anger being the only trigger. MCU feels trapped, they cannot come up with any new ways to tell stories that can still have the same outcome.

MCU fanboys here are against the sex thing not because what I am saying does not make any sense but bc they know Disney cannot cross that territory with the MCU. Its a fulfilment of the 10 list and a big disappointment for the MCU.
    Last edited by Marvelgirl; 04-22-2020 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    It is how you write sex themed stories. How many teen movies have tackled teenagers and sex? Its not about getting horny or just getting laid. Bruce loves Betty Ross, a story of loving her but hurting her during an intense passionate moment will make a lot of sense. it will make the most sense than another stuck story of, am angry and I am now a monster again.

The character in love can easily evolve from anger being the only trigger. MCU feels trapped, they cannot come up with any new ways to tell stories that can still have the same outcome.

MCU fanboys here are against the sex thing not because what I am saying does not make any sense but bc they know Disney cannot cross that territory with the MCU. Its a fulfilment of the 10 list and a big disappointment for the MCU.
    The Hulk is not a sex themed story.

BANNED

Only if you follow your "Theory" of "sex=truly happy". But it only said he had to be happy. So it could have happened with them just being together.
    But seeing you wrote "sex is a bigger trigger for men than any other Emotion" as an Argument....

And the gypsies did not want to stop him being happy because they feared that it could stop the curse. They wanted him to Keep on being miserable as punishment.

And one last Thing: "Buffy is not a kiddie thing. " so is the MCU. But again for you to see that you would Need to look behind your bias. If you can say stuff like that after watching Endgame for one example, you either watched a cut Version or you are so Deep in your bias that you can not see that.
    Last edited by lowfyr; 04-22-2020 at 01:49 AM.

Astonishing Member

Anger's not the trigger, it's Banner's heart rate. Which is why he keeps constant tabs on it in the movie, anything over the limit and he Hulk's out. The dude can't go for a jog without putting the world in danger.

Sex has been infused in the MCU since the first Iron Man, they just don't show explicit sex scenes. Stark's sexuality is an entity unto itself in his trilogy. Netflix goes further. I'm against it since it takes any sort of happiness from Banner, and is unnecessary. Cap's linked to sexuality by being sexually attractive to women everywhere, post transformation. So much so Peggy Carter shoots him out of jealousy!

Ultimate Member

Good lord...

First, you're wrong because Norton's Hulk was made long before there was really was a proper MCU.

Second, you're wrong because Hulk isn't about the inability to have sex. It's about a man's struggle with his inner demons.

Lastly, you're wrong because as another poster pointed out, the transformation was brought on by heart rate (wish I'd remembered that). So strictly speaking, an emotion isn't even needed to trigger the change.

Not a lot of pathos there.

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    Faith too I think.
    He never slept with Faith. Their relationship was more like siblings.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Anger's not the trigger, it's Banner's heart rate. Which is why he keeps constant tabs on it in the movie, anything over the limit and he Hulk's out. The dude can't go for a jog without putting the world in danger.
    Nah I think you're wrong there. In Avengers Banner say's he's "Always angry" so he doesn't need to get angry to transform but the transformation is fueled by anger. Just a matter of him controlling it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Nah I think you're wrong there. In Avengers Banner say's he's "Always angry" so he doesn't need to get angry to transform but the transformation is fueled by anger. Just a matter of him controlling it.

No, he's right.

In the Hulk movie, it was Banner's heart rate that triggered the transformation. Starting sexy times with Betty threatened to make him Hulk out. He's always keeping an eye on his watch, keeping his heart rate down

But in Avengers, they ignored that (wisely) and reverted back to being angry.

For all this talk about the better Hulk, it's kinda a shame that the first Hulk isn't brought up. That movie, IMO, was a darker take on the Hulk, addressing Banner's abuse and making the Hulk seem like a demon of Banner's. Had they not botched the ending so completely, it mighta been the Hulk template.

Ah well...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    No, he's right.

In the Hulk movie, it was Banner's heart rate that triggered the transformation. Starting sexy times with Betty threatened to make him Hulk out. He's always keeping an eye on his watch, keeping his heart rate down

But in Avengers, they ignored that (wisely) and reverted back to being angry.

For all this talk about the better Hulk, it's kinda a shame that the first Hulk isn't brought up. That movie, IMO, was a darker take on the Hulk, addressing Banner's abuse and making the Hulk seem like a demon of Banner's. Had they not botched the ending so completely, it mighta been the Hulk template.

Ah well...
    Oh okay yeah I forgot a lot about Norton's version. I thought the Hulk poodles were just too ridiculous in that first movie lol. Imo Avengers and Ragnarok were Hulk's best appearances. Not that the other versions didn't have potential. But it's probably hard to make Hulk work in a movie all by himself.

Ultimate Member

Oh okay yeah I forgot a lot about Norton's version. I thought the Hulk poodles were just too ridiculous in that first movie lol. Imo Avengers and Ragnarok were Hulk's best appearances. Not that the other versions didn't have potential. But it's probably hard to make Hulk work in a movie all by himself.
    Okay, I'm not saying that the first Hulk movie was perfect . But! It had far more pathos than the one that followed.

Astonishing Member

The Hulk movies barely touched the surface of his mythology, and they kept on being rebooted from scratch. It wan't until recently he really go development, post-Avengers 2. The biggest obstacle to the Hulk movies was Universal owning the film rights, that's a big reason why we didn't we get sequels. They need to bring the Maestro in and let the Leader off the leash. Both would make excellent Avengers villains, and the latter could show up in She-Hulk's t show. Get an episode where she has to "fight" him in court, like in the comics.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20180211083234

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    The Hulk movies barely touched the surface of his mythology, and they kept on being rebooted from scratch. It wan't until recently he really go development, post-Avengers 2. The biggest obstacle to the Hulk movies was Universal owning the film rights, that's a big reason why we didn't we get sequels. They need to bring the Maestro in and let the Leader off the leash. Both would make excellent Avengers villains, and the latter could show up in She-Hulk's t show. Get an episode where she has to "fight" him in court, like in the comics.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20180211083234
    Yeah the Leader would be a perfect fit for an Avenger movie or even a solo Hulk. I like the flat top head version best. Waiting to get that marvel legend Hopefully She-Hulk shows up in the movies someday.