View Poll Results: Should we have the tornado twins?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 45.83%
  • No

6 25.00%
  • Let’s focus on Wally’s kids

7 29.17%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Should the Tornado Twins exist in the present or the future?

Man I’m asking a handful of Flash related questions lately, it seems odd but hey when you read Flash these questions come up.

Anyway my questions pretty simple, should Barry Allen’s kids the Tornado Twins exist in the present day or should they stick with the future? I mean yeah it makes sense that the adult version of them are in the future but you know we are at a point in time where we have the children of Superman, Batman(not just Damian but maybe even Helena), and Aquaman. Would it be all that unreasonable if Barry’s kids existed.

On the other hand they are linked to the 30th century and the Legion of the superheroes. Heck, one of their kids is XS member of the Legion of Superheroes. Not to mention Wally’s kids are now back in the universe so maybe it would be redundant.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Default Should the Tornado Twins exist in the present or the future?

Both! Speed-time breachers.

Last edited by Güicho; 04-02-2020 at 09:13 PM.

I think they should exist in the future.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Mighty Member

The YJ Anime did the right thing:

Bring them NOW AS BABIES....

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Let's focus on wally's kids now.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Actually I just thought of something, mainly because of Masterff, since the Tornado Twins are predominantly in the future then we could have Jai and Iris in the present and eventually when they are adults I guess they would just be the adult Flash(s) by the time we get the tornado twins running around. I mean there has to come a point where the present catches up to the future they are in.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Yes, we should definitely have the Tornado Twins in the 25th century.
    And yes, we should have Jai and Iris as well in the here and now!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I have nothing more to add.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I am fine not seeing Wallys kids again. It ruined the book the first time they were around. It was fine when they were just normal babies, but DC could not resist pulling the old "age them up fast" troupe, and they both sucked after that.

I don't think they need to be in the present day, but I'd rather they not be villains.

I'm way behind in my comics reading, so I don't know what's been happening recently; but I vote yes, in the future, with maybe visits to the present. Not as villains (unless there's a really good explanation for how and why they became villains).
    Last edited by Anodyne; 04-08-2020 at 06:30 PM.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Man I’m asking a handful of Flash related questions lately, it seems odd but hey when you read Flash these questions come up.

Anyway my questions pretty simple, should Barry Allen’s kids the Tornado Twins exist in the present day or should they stick with the future? I mean yeah it makes sense that the adult version of them are in the future but you know we are at a point in time where we have the children of Superman, Batman(not just Damian but maybe even Helena), and Aquaman. Would it be all that unreasonable if Barry’s kids existed.

On the other hand they are linked to the 30th century and the Legion of the superheroes. Heck, one of their kids is XS member of the Legion of Superheroes. Not to mention Wally’s kids are now back in the universe so maybe it would be redundant.
    And the other one is Impulse.

So the Tornado Twins should be in the future if only to preserve those 2 already well-developed characters. Should we see more of them, should they have more of a relationship with Barry and Iris and maybe the rest of the gang, etc? HELL YEAH, why not?

But let's not screw oter characters because of it. Keep them in the future, and do something cool there with them.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Honestly, I dunno. I'm definitely down with a couple little Flash kids running around, especially if they're around Damian's age (that generation needs to get built up some). And we've never seen Barry as a father. Or I haven't, at least, and from what I know, what I've missed didn't amount to much?

So sure, I guess I wouldn't mind this corner of Barry's life getting some attention. At least it'd be a new angle to examine Barry from.

But we have Wally's kids already. So I'm not really sure what the Tornado Twins bring to the table. It'd open up "Barry Allen; dad" stories, which we can already get with Wally. We've already got Irey and Jai, who're around Damian's age. So other than ripping elements off Wally and applying them to Barry, what're we gaining here? Not to mention the complications it would cause with Bart and XS.

I'd be cool with some time travel stories of course. The twins coming back from the future to visit their dad, or Barry going to the future to meet them. Sure, that sounds like fun for a arc or two. But a regular place in the DCU? Eh, I suppose, if we must? But I'd rather focus on and utilize what we have in front of us instead of bending continuity and history in half to introduce characters who will fill a role that is already filled. So I guess I gotta say let's focus on Wally's kids instead.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Yes, we should definitely have the Tornado Twins in the 25th century.
    And yes, we should have Jai and Iris as well in the here and now!
    That’d be the best way, imho.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    And we've never seen Barry as a father. Or I haven't, at least, and from what I know, what I've missed didn't amount to much?
    He was never "a father". Originally (both pre and post crisis, if I'm not mistaken), the Tornado Twins were Barry's descendants, not children. This was then retconned by Mark Waid during Umpulse's origin issue. But even then, Barry went to the future at the end of "The trial of the Flash", spent (again, if I'm not mistaken) about 3 months in the 30th century, knocked Iris up and left to die in Crisis. AFAIK, he never even met the Tornado Twins. (And yes, there's one issue of Flash: FMA where we see a teenage Bart getting some pep talk from Barry in the future. But that one is just a mistake in continuity).
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!