Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Exclamation Marvel Suspends 1/3 of It's Publishing Line

https://www.newsarama.com/49708-marv...hing-line.html

A bit menacing not to have the specific list.

I just want to start fucking empyre goddamn it!!!

Extraordinary Member

reposted from other thread: They must be optimistic which hopefully means they have a reason to. I can only guess that they still need enough stuff on the shelves for people to want to go to the shops and enough for the shops to make it through this; there must be expectations of low sales and combined with returnability (is Marvel offering that or just deep discounts) they can't be paying for and publishing work they are just losing money on so maybe a concentrated market will see sales move to these remaining books.

Or, they are preparing for digital which again expecting diminished sales on that platform they will want to reduce the risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    If I had to guess, I'd bet that a lot of the Empyre tie-in minis will be among the cut titles.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

I'm gonna guess it's gonna be mostly one-shots and "smaller" selling books

Unhappy

Even though we knew this was coming it is still a sad day.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    To the left.

To the left.

All the non-X-Men/Avengers/Spider titles in the box to the left!
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    If I had to guess, I'd bet that a lot of the Empyre tie-in minis will be among the cut titles.
    That's fine IDGAF just give me something to read I'm fed up! Just give me Lords of Empyre Hulking!! And main Series Empyre and I am good! Most of those tie ins seemed excessive anyway, though it sucks ass for those who put their hard ass work into them though.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I was expecting this to happen. They are probably expecting a dip in sales (specially physical ones), so reducing their publishing line is probably a sound idea.

I think the main event will be fine. They did way too many tie-ins for it, however, so some of them might end up getting suspended.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Agreed.

Oh, ****. I hope Emperor Hulkling doesn't get affected. It was definitely the tie-in I was most excited for. D:

I feel like the Outalwed initiative is now dead-on-arrival.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I was expecting this to happen. They are probably expecting a dip in sales (specially physical ones), so reducing their publishing line is probably a sound idea.

I think the main event will be fine. They did way too many tie-ins for it, however, so some of them might end up getting suspended.

Agreed.

Oh, ****. I hope Emperor Hulkling doesn't get affected. It was definitely the tie-in I was most excited for. D:
    I need Emperor Hulking so Bad!! Though that was Scheduled for this month so hopefully we're good.. I also need Strikeforce!! **** I'm stressed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    New Warriors and Children of the Atom were already coming in with some struggle I feel bad....

BANNED

Yea this is gonna affect all the one-shots, limited series and smaller books....

The Avengers/X-men/Empyre/Hulk/Thor/Cap, etc.. wont likely be affected.

Although this probably means the mini-series with Juggernaut wont see the light of day any time soon... a shame i wanted to read that one. This will probably affect Lemire's Immortal Hulk one-shot too... sucks...

Like I said, this pandemic hit at the worst time for Marvel. They can’t over ship event tie ins, or force stores to buy in bulk to get the variants they want. No surprise they’re culling the line. I would expect DC to do the same eventually. For the first time Marvel is going to have to only put out what people will actually buy.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I don't think things are looking good for that line. I can see New Warriors and Power Pack easily getting suspended. Maybe the tie-ins for ongoing books like Ms. Marvel, Spider-Man and Ghost-Spider might be able to survive it, but the main stage was supposed to be Champions, and if that goes belly up... I think Marvel might still try at least one arc for the Champions just because it might affect the Kamala and Miles books (assuming they're not getting suspended as well), but like I said in another thread, I can see it being turned into a mini.

I need Emperor Hulking so Bad!! Though that was Scheduled for this month so hopefully we're good.. I also need Strikeforce!! **** I'm stressed!!!
    Considering we don't even know if we're getting any Marvel books this month, I'm not getting my hopes up just yet. April 1st stuff is already delayed, so if they keep delaying more stuff, it's possible Emperor Hulkling will end up going to May... I guess the one thing that could save this book is if it's actually important to the main event. And looking at the other Lords Of Empyre one-shots (Quoi and Swordsman), they all involve key players from the main book, so... maybe Marvel will keep them. Maybe they'll release all one-shots together as an giant size issue or something.

New Warriors and Children of the Atom were already coming in with some struggle I feel bad....
    I can see COTA getting suspended due to not being a priority right now for the Marvel line, but I also think it's in a better position than most titles, because it's connected to the extremely successful DOX line, which hasn't had one flop yet. So Marvel might still give it a try later on.

I worry about ongoing titles that weren't so hot already and might not return if they end up being axed right now. Like, can a book like Runaways survive this?
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 04-03-2020 at 02:33 PM.