Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Fallen Angel's was a flop.....

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Fallen Angel's was a flop.....
    It sold just fine.

People don't like it here, but it's sales were fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Yeah, I don't think things are looking good for that line. I can see New Warriors and Power Pack easily getting suspended. Maybe the tie-ins for ongoing books like Ms. Marvel, Spider-Man and Ghost-Spider might be able to survive it, but the main stage was supposed to be Champions, and if that goes belly up... I think Marvel might still try at least one arc for the Champions just because it might affect the Kamala and Miles books (assuming they're not getting suspended as well), but like I said in another thread, I can see it being turned into a mini.
    Well, they probably have most of the work done on the first two issues of the main Outlawed books, so I feel like they'll have to release them at some point but it might hurt it's viability as a storyline and as a way of kicking off and energizing Marvel's teen hero line.

It's well known that Kamala's a strong digital seller. If the same can be said for Champions, then the Outlawed line will be fine - but going digital exclusive might not be a bad idea. Miles' solo is the best seller in the direct market out of the Champions adjacent titles.

Runaways also probably sells better digitally - it should've been cancelled some time ago based on direct market sales estimates.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    It sold just fine.

People don't like it here, but it's sales were fine.
    It was the worst seller of the Dawn of X books by a country mile.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 04-03-2020 at 03:55 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

"suspended" isn't code for "cancelled", is it? Because I just figured everything's suspended until the shops start opening up again

They mentioned double shippers, so no. If the double shippers were axed, that'd include Amazing Spider-Man and the Empyre event!
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

lol Outlawed was only one chapter in. They can always restart it with a relaunch/restart hype train or something.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    lol Outlawed was only one chapter in. They can always restart it with a relaunch/restart hype train or something.
    I guess waiting to launch the Outlawed books might be a better idea if they're going to cut back their releases, rather then wholesale canceling everything. I'm not sure the exact logistics of how this is going to work.

Bleeding Cool suggests it's mainly new launches affected - they suggest that most of the Empyre titles could be affected. Anything related to the Black Widow movie will be delayed because the movie was.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/comi...ow-taskmaster/

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It was the worst seller of the Dawn of X books by a country mile.
    Worst seller isn't the same thing as a flop.

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    "suspended" isn't code for "cancelled", is it? Because I just figured everything's suspended until the shops start opening up again
    I won't be surprised if some do get cancelled.

Anyways...

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Not everything is suspended, otherwise they would've done this with the entire line, not just 1/3. The fact that only some books will be affected is an indication that Marvel prioritizes some things over others, and while Newsarama says they are only being paused, I do worry for some of them in the long run, because no one really knows for how long this crisis will last and what impact it'll have in the industry. It might become unsustainable to keep all of those books, so I can see Marvel stealth-cancelling some of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess waiting to launch the Outlawed books might be a better idea if they're going to cut back their releases, rather then wholesale canceling everything. I'm not sure the exact logistics of how this is going to work.
    I think the problem with holding back the entire Outlawed line is that it would affect at least three other ongoing books that are tying in with the event. Those books could contain spoilers for the Champions book. If Outlawed was only new books, I could see them just waiting to relaunch the whole line later. But will they disrupt the Ms. Marvel, Spider-Man and Ghost-Spider books just to save Champions/Power Pack/New Warriors?

Ghost-Spider wasn't solicited for June anyway, so there's speculation it's been cancelled. It's writer Seanan McGuire is refusing to answer questions about it.

And that's the point. This is a truly unprecedented development in modern America. No one knows when businesses (LCS here) are going to be allowed to reopen and what it will take to restart circulation. I'm actually kind of surprised Marvel's come out with anything publicly even though it's an understandably vague statement.