Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    They could always creators to continue making content and stockpile it and once this is over release it as TPBs and then continue with single issues afterwards.

It would avoid a glut of back issues as well as messing up whatever their timeline is; which I assume they spent a long time planning out (especially Hickman & Ewing's stuff).

Not only that creators can continue to work and hype their stuff which would be awesome because imagine in 6 months time picking full arcs already done in TPB format.
    The glorious binge reading I could do.... But I really like my monthlies bc I have something to look forward to each week
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Newsarama claims it's 1/3 of the titles. Bleeding Cool claims it's 15-20%. Anyone wanna do the math to get a rough number of how many titles we could be losing?
    Newsarama was trying to say 1/3rd of the ISSUES, because some of the 15 - 20% of the TITLES double ship both months.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Yes, you've made it abundantly clear you DGAF as long as your favorite book comes out immediately.

I'm glad you are rolling in the dough. With 10 million unemployed in the US due to the crisis, and now some Marvel creators joining them, you are very fortunate.
    Yup it's great be even better if I had something to spend it on.
    Last edited by Journey; 04-04-2020 at 12:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Newsarama claims it's 1/3 of the titles. Bleeding Cool claims it's 15-20%. Anyone wanna do the math to get a rough number of how many titles we could be losing?
    Somewhere around 10 to 15. There's roughly 50 different ongoing books. Some double shippers will no longer double ship, which explains the discrepancy.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It's going to be nothing but Deadpool.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeweasel View Post
    It's going to be nothing but Deadpool.
    This could be the frightening truth. Only high profile character or as Reviresco theorized, any character that has been a factor in the MCU will have a series

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    This could be the frightening truth. Only high profile character or as Reviresco theorized, any character that has been a factor in the MCU will have a series
    Once things get going again, I expect the line will look pretty much like it has.

Suspending work on a few books at this point makes sense as you don't want to have a complete glut of books waiting to dump on the market.

I'd like to hope that they're planning on a return to publishing my mid-May, early June at the latest. But we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Once things get going again, I expect the line will look pretty much like it has.
    Marvel is going to be returning to a radically different environment. Do you think Diamond will be around? Do you think that we will still have the same number of shops before this all occurred? Maybe Marvel is betting on other comic companies going under while they are gone?

Suspending work on a few books at this point makes sense as you don't want to have a complete glut of books waiting to dump on the market.
    It's more than a few books.

I'd like to hope that they're planning on a return to publishing my mid-May, early June at the latest. But we'll see.
    Yeah, no choice but to wait.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 04-04-2020 at 10:12 AM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Marvel is going to be returning to a radically different environment. Do you think Diamond will be around? Do you think that we will still have the same number of shops before this all occurred? Maybe Marvel is betting on other comic companies going under while they are gone?
    I don't think they're betting on other companies going under.

That might happen, of course, but I don't think it's anything that Marvel is counting on or betting on.

As for how many shops will be around, who knows?

Hopefully most will make it but obviously it's going to depend on the duration of the current situation.

And as for Diamond...I don't know. If they go, publishers will have to figure out another distribution system but it's not an impossible problem to solve.

It's more than a few books.
    Some of them, obviously, will be pushed off to the fall - like anything to do with the Black Widow movie, for instance. No sense in getting, say, the Taskmaster mini fully completed at the moment if they're not going to release it until the movie comes out in November.

Yeah, no choice but to wait.
    Time will tell.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I think unless there is a huge stimulus package that helps the smaller businesses, this will be pretty grim in a short time for all kinds of local commerce...your barbershops, hair salons, etc. The local garden stores so far they are letting stay open since they also serve local growers in our area and some sell feed and other supplies to the horse owners. A lot of the local LCS's were also depending on the gaming community to keep going and they would would tournaments and things. Now if they are lucky, they can do curbside but only with the stock on hand since nothing new is coming in. My shop has been on FB posting videos slashing prices on the TPBs and Omnibus sales.

Midtown Comics in New York has a load of stuff for under a dollar.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/midt...-99-cent-sale/
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Midtown Comics in New York has a load of stuff for under a dollar.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/midt...-99-cent-sale/
    I saw that and most of that stuff is stuff most of us already have or stuff that would pack a bin at times.

Mighty Member

I think by may Marvel can ship again and Emyire will start again and im guessing the comics from april 1 with start again in may,I saw on marvel there doing a free magazine about Empyer

That's probably a Previews mag. That's something there's no reason not to release digitally.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

I bet it would depend on how many books have mail subscriptions. They take out Miles-do I get a refund on the remaining 10 issues?
    With subs that get cancelled you can just send an email to them and ask that the remaining issues get transferred to another book. Due to a few cancellations coming at once, the sub to Thor I get for my niece is currently at like 20 upcoming issues, heh.

Anyway, knew this was coming, but it is sad. But it is encouraging that it is not line wide, which may point to them prepping to release digitally for the remaining books, in order to keep those creatives working, and just holding off on new stuff until shops are back in business.