Astonishing Member

Default What if Idea Namor and Cap

Suppose Johnny Storm never discovered Namor that day and helped him recover from Amnesia? Well, then the first thing that occurs to me is That the Avengers wouldn’t have discovered Cap in the iceberg later on. What would have become of The Avengers, The Super hero community and Earth. Does the Red Skull’s emergence or Zemo’s hinge on.Cap’s being around? Does the Kooky Quartet still exist? Who leads? Do Clint,Wanda and Clint cut it as heroes? What becomes of Atlantis when Namor doesn’t return? I’m thinking Namor adopts a civilian identity and also a costumed hero identity to protect the poor and homeless he was living among. Dehydration of course would be a dangerous issue that would have to be resolved Would love to know your thoughts. Feel free to play along if you dig this one at all

This is a pretty interesting idea for a What If? story. I think the cascading effect of Namor not finding Captain America when he does has a lot more potential ramifications. Namor not being discovered by Johnny Storm isn't as big of an issue simply because Namor would have come sooner of later as he had dealt with bouts of amnesia before. Or it was retconned that he did. All that would change is his interaction with the FF and how angry he would have been at the world for coming to when he did and where his people were at the time.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

They did have a short story in What If ... about Namor not getting his memory back a long time ago in What if #29. Namor ended up working on a fishing boat and some things went on and the boat ended up exploding. Namor ended up in the water but the concusion he got from the explosion further repressed his memories. He washed up at and Inuit village that worshipped a frozen man in ice (Cap), but he was content there and therefore never strove to regain his memories. I do think your idea of seeing the ripple effects would be interesting.