Quote Originally Posted by Green Goblin of Sector 2814 View Post
When he said you only have to know the first appearance and last appearance of a given character, I was like "wow, no wonder DC doesn't have any sort of handle on its continuity right now."
I might be misremembering this, so correct me if I am wrong, but I thought DiDio was talking about how Marvel handled continuity. That as long as the character is basically true to the origin and true to the last appearance, it doesn't matter what happened in between, and I guess he was implying that's what Marvel does and is where he is suggesting DC has failed.

Doesn't make complete sense, because if each appearance was consistent with the last one, then by definition all would be true to the origin.

I didn't even know Marvel had alt universes until recently, so can't say how they do their continuity. Cap was frozen in ice; it's a different Human Torch. Is anyone else but Namor left over from the Golden Age? (And how is his endurance explained?)

(Apologies if this is a double-post. I thought I posted it hours ago but don't see it here.)