Boisterously Confused

Default Old Folk: Does It Weird You Out...?

I was answering a comment about Vandal Savage, when it hit that Vandal Savage being Wally-Flash's Big Bad is now further away in time from now than Savage ushering in JLA/JSA cross-overs was from when he became Wally's Big Bad!

I now feel old.

What things make you think "Wait! Was it that far back?!?"

It's been more years since Flash #1 in 1987 to now (33) than it was between Showcase #4 and Flash #1 (31) It's also more years between Justice League #1 by Giffen DeMatteis and now than between Brave & Bold #28 and JL #1. That post-Legends era following the DC Renaissance of '86 is when I really got into DC (I was in high school) after growing up a Marvel kid, but those Silver Age debuts seemed so far back in time they were remote, inaccessible, and had a sense of mystery and wonderment too them as I was also just delving into comics history at that time having only discovered my first comic shop in '84. Those books seemed so old and the relaunches so fresh and new, and now to think those relaunches are older now thanthe Silver Age debuts were then makes me feel my age.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Boisterously Confused

We are now as far away from New Teen Titans #1 as New Teen Titans #1was from All-Star Comics #3

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

The Super-marriage. It still feels new even though they've been married nearly 25 years now. Pretty much anything 90s. I have a hard time processing that I'm that old. Smallville was nearly 20 years ago as of next year.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    The Super-marriage. It still feels new even though they've been married nearly 25 years now. Pretty much anything 90s. I have a hard time processing that I'm that old. Smallville was nearly 20 years ago as of next year.
    The DCAU began almost 30 years ago too.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    We are now as far away from New Teen Titans #1 as New Teen Titans #1was from All-Star Comics #3
    F#ck. That's hard!

Here's another thought. We're about 8 years away from Dick Grayson's entire publication history being split evenly between him being Robin and him being Nightwing! Right now, in his 80 year history, Dick has been Robin for 55% of the time, and he's been Nightwing (or at any any, not Robin) 45% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    F#ck. That's hard!

Here's another thought. We're about 8 years away from Dick Grayson's entire publication history being split evenly between him being Robin and him being Nightwing! Right now, in his 80 year history, Dick has been Robin for 55% of the time, and he's been Nightwing (or at any any, not Robin) 45% of the time.
    That makes me feel really old and being a grandfather doesn’t help lol.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

We're closing in on thirty years since the 1992 Death of Superman storyline. How time flies....
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!