Extraordinary Member

Default Naruto & Sasuke run the Seven Deadly Sins gauntlet

Naruto Uzumaki and Sasuke Uchiha each take a stab at going through a gauntlet of the titular characters from the Seven Deadly Sins manga. They get fully restored after each fight. How far does each one go?

The Gauntlet:
    1. Gowther
    2. Merlin
    3. Diane
    4. King
    5. Ban
    6. Escanor (10 minutes until noon)
    7. Meliodas

Bonus: Naruto and Sasuke team up against a team gauntlet. Just as above they get restored after each fight. How far do they get?

Team Gauntlet:
    1. Diane and King
    2. Merlin and Escanor (5 minutes until noon)
    3. Meliodas and Ban

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Okay, is this end of Naruto series or Boruto era characters?

The interpretation of the Toneri moon cut feat will be somewhat critical here methinks.

I'll work on the end of Naruto series because I know those versions better.

1) Gowther - Broadly, I think both of them are too fast and powerful for him. While Gowther is tricky to actually hurt cleanly, I think both of them are more than capable of just tearing him apart before he can get his stuff going. Gowther kind of lacks a lot of the feats of his comrades in terms of physicality.

2) Merlin - This is... tricky to figure out. If Merlin can get some breathing room she can do a lot of extremely wild stuff, especially since her magic never stops once invoked. Sasuke has the option of Tsukiyomi and also has a good way around Perfect Cube with his telport/place switching ability should she choose to turtle up. Naruto has a harder time here simply because he lacks of the more gimmicked stuff. Personally, I'd see them both being capable of blitzing her, Merlin doesn't really have many speed feats that I think of off the top of my head.

3) Sasuke can Tsukiyomi here for the easy win. Naruto has to do it by force, which is considerably harder given what a tank Diane is. Her offensive game isn't much of a threat to him because it's various versions of "throw increasingly larger rocks," and Naruto can just blow that stuff away. It's possible she might just outlast him. Diane is functionally immortal and doesn't seem to need to eat more than once every couple of decades. Cautiously giving the edge to Naruto but this is considerably harder for him than Sasuke which I think may be a consistent thing.

4) King in terms of speed and offensive game is a whole step up than the first three. True form of Chastiefoil is abominably powerful and King can literally manipulate it from kilometres away. Sasuke will have a hard time getting any genjutsu off on him, Naruto actually might have an easier time here because his big gun factor is a bit higher. King is dangerous in that he can petrify them and any wounds he inflicts will get exponentially worse through Disaster. It's amazing how often he forgot he had that power because it was super broken. I personally think they can get through this individually but it's an extremely hard fight. The only upside is how frail King is at close range. Sasuke's teleportation will likely be his saving grace here.

5) Well, assuming non-immortal Ban here. He's kind of the master of the quickdraw with his sacred weapon as he can just steal your heart or brain from miles away almost instantly. If they can dodge that then both Naruto and Sasuke have enough gimmicks or gun to put him down before he can start draining their energy. Sasuke has the easier time here with Tsukiyomi.

6) Hahaha, oh dear. I'm not sure the lads can win this. Escanor is absurdly difficult to hurt, hits like a train and apparently is good at flatly resisting mind control which throws out Sasuke's best option. Not sure they can put him down before he hits The One and that's game right there.

7) If you can't beat Escanor then Meliodas is similarly out of your league I think. For one thing, he's ridiculously fast and his range game is ludicrous with Million Dark or whatever it was.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I don't remember Escanor ever resisting mind control, so much as the illusions that Gowther used against him accidentally allowed him to access his power by showing him Merlin. He was immediately dropped when Gowther used his power more offensively after Escanor "missed" his counterattack to that illusion barrage.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I don't remember Escanor ever resisting mind control, so much as the illusions that Gowther used against him accidentally allowed him to access his power by showing him Merlin. He was immediately dropped when Gowther used his power more offensively after Escanor "missed" his counterattack to that illusion barrage.
    I thought it was that he was losing his power, he saw Merlin and thus powered up but also threw off the mental assault?

I might well be recalling the feat incorrectly.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Okay, is this end of Naruto series or Boruto era characters?

The interpretation of the Toneri moon cut feat will be somewhat critical here methinks.

I'll work on the end of Naruto series because I know those versions better.
    Let's go with those versions yeah, specifically from The Last movie. I don't think anything they've done in Boruto is anymore impressive than what they've done before, and they've been a bit worfed here and there in Boruto if you ask me but that's beside the point.
    1) Gowther - Broadly, I think both of them are too fast and powerful for him. While Gowther is tricky to actually hurt cleanly, I think both of them are more than capable of just tearing him apart before he can get his stuff going. Gowther kind of lacks a lot of the feats of his comrades in terms of physicality.

2) Merlin - This is... tricky to figure out. If Merlin can get some breathing room she can do a lot of extremely wild stuff, especially since her magic never stops once invoked. Sasuke has the option of Tsukiyomi and also has a good way around Perfect Cube with his telport/place switching ability should she choose to turtle up. Naruto has a harder time here simply because he lacks of the more gimmicked stuff. Personally, I'd see them both being capable of blitzing her, Merlin doesn't really have many speed feats that I think of off the top of my head.

3) Sasuke can Tsukiyomi here for the easy win. Naruto has to do it by force, which is considerably harder given what a tank Diane is. Her offensive game isn't much of a threat to him because it's various versions of "throw increasingly larger rocks," and Naruto can just blow that stuff away. It's possible she might just outlast him. Diane is functionally immortal and doesn't seem to need to eat more than once every couple of decades. Cautiously giving the edge to Naruto but this is considerably harder for him than Sasuke which I think may be a consistent thing.

4) King in terms of speed and offensive game is a whole step up than the first three. True form of Chastiefoil is abominably powerful and King can literally manipulate it from kilometres away. Sasuke will have a hard time getting any genjutsu off on him, Naruto actually might have an easier time here because his big gun factor is a bit higher. King is dangerous in that he can petrify them and any wounds he inflicts will get exponentially worse through Disaster. It's amazing how often he forgot he had that power because it was super broken. I personally think they can get through this individually but it's an extremely hard fight. The only upside is how frail King is at close range. Sasuke's teleportation will likely be his saving grace here.

5) Well, assuming non-immortal Ban here. He's kind of the master of the quickdraw with his sacred weapon as he can just steal your heart or brain from miles away almost instantly. If they can dodge that then both Naruto and Sasuke have enough gimmicks or gun to put him down before he can start draining their energy. Sasuke has the easier time here with Tsukiyomi.

6) Hahaha, oh dear. I'm not sure the lads can win this. Escanor is absurdly difficult to hurt, hits like a train and apparently is good at flatly resisting mind control which throws out Sasuke's best option. Not sure they can put him down before he hits The One and that's game right there.

7) If you can't beat Escanor then Meliodas is similarly out of your league I think. For one thing, he's ridiculously fast and his range game is ludicrous with Million Dark or whatever it was.
    Yes, we are using Ban the mortal man strengthend by his journey through hell. Naruto at least can survive and heal his heart given how many times Sasuke has punched through it. ...okay it hasn't happened that often but it sure feels like it has.

As for King, both Naruto and Sasuke do cloak themselves in chakra armor so that should protect against the petrification effect. Disaster could be more of a problem. Did he ever use that with his really long range game?

Also, just checking if we agree on Naruto and Sasuke's destructive capabilities vs. the Sins durability. During the Madara fight they both casually toss out attacks that destroy the meteors Madara has created, and all of those are at least the size of mountain ranges. While I don't doubt that the sturdier Sins can survive that level of power, I don't know if they could just shrug it off for a certain victory.
    I thought it was that he was losing his power, he saw Merlin and thus powered up but also threw off the mental assault?

I might well be recalling the feat incorrectly.
    It is a bit open to interpretation.

Gowther attempt to mind rape Escanor in his tiny night form by inducing an image or Merlin who cruelly reject Escanor as anything but a monster. But that backfires and gives Escanor a burst of imagined solar energy which activates his OP mode.

It's possible that Gowther stopped the attempted mind attack at that point since he thought it was done when it in fact wasn't. Or since the mental assault had the complete opposite end result to the intended effect it didn't really work to begin with. Or OP Escanor no sold it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    As for King, both Naruto and Sasuke do cloak themselves in chakra armor so that should protect against the petrification effect. Disaster could be more of a problem. Did he ever use that with his really long range game?
    Disaster is, apparently, King's personal special magic and is tied to his ability to manipulate Chastiefoil and draw out it's various forms so, since he can manipulate the spear from miles distant, he should be able to use Status Promotion from that same distance.

The issue is that Nakaba seemed forget that it existed and never used it again that I can recall.

Also, just checking if we agree on Naruto and Sasuke's destructive capabilities vs. the Sins durability. During the Madara fight they both casually toss out attacks that destroy the meteors Madara has created, and all of those are at least the size of mountain ranges. While I don't doubt that the sturdier Sins can survive that level of power, I don't know if they could just shrug it off for a certain victory.
    I'd need to review the relevant passages in Naruto for certain but my logic, simply put, is as follows:

- Naruto and Sasuke - generally multi-mountain buster level at their peak.
    - Peak Sins - Take multi-mountain busters pretty much in their stride without much in the way of discernable damage. Especially The One, Mortal Ban and Meliodas with all his powers back. Diane's durability was also meant to be higher than Drole's which was - generally pretty insane.

Therefore:

- Sasuke and Naruto will have a hard time hurting them.

It is a bit open to interpretation.

Gowther attempt to mind rape Escanor in his tiny night form by inducing an image or Merlin who cruelly reject Escanor as anything but a monster. But that backfires and gives Escanor a burst of imagined solar energy which activates his OP mode.

It's possible that Gowther stopped the attempted mind attack at that point since he thought it was done when it in fact wasn't. Or since the mental assault had the complete opposite end result to the intended effect it didn't really work to begin with. Or OP Escanor no sold it.
    Hard to confirm indeed.