Default Sun Wukong vs. (Owod) Antediluvian

One of the more unique deites vs. an ancient vampire.....

Which one? Their abilities vary heavily, along with having corporeal bodies or not.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 08-11-2014 at 04:57 PM.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

I'd bet on him against any of the more physical ones. Esoterics get a bit harder to deal with; I doubt Wukong is capable of being diseased with all the perfect body/immortality type stuff he has going on (and if you want to get right down to it, he's a explicitly a spirit but also made of physical stone, and he seems to get the best of both worlds), so Tzimisce's main thing probably isn't going to work (his main thing was being disease incarnate, right?). Wukong's packing quite a bit of magic too, but some of it is a bit hard to quantify in terms of what it will work on, since oWoD has a pretty clear increasing power scale. He's capable of at least some planar travel, so dimension dump type stuff probably won't work either, and obviously trying to pull any transmutation on him is going to be a laugh (he's capable of transforming his own body pretty much any way he likes). Time dumping is kind of pointless since he's immortal, and obviously dumping him in the future would just be putting him back in the arena anyway. His biggest advantage in anything White Wolf is probably that he's pretty much tireless; it might be trivial for an antediluvian to resist mental influence from him (he can do things like say "stop" and have a bunch of minor gods be totally unable to move until someone comes along and releases them), but he can just keep doing it over and over again where even the antediluvians will run out of blood/will EVENTUALLY. IIRC, he also got some kind of true-seeing deal out of that business with the eight trigrams furnace.

Malkav is probably the best bet for actually bringing him down out of the antediluvians that I can remember anything about. I doubt any of them is capable of harming him physically. But I never read a lot of the Gehenna stuff, so I don't know all their capabilities so well.

Edit: Just to be clear, I'm sure if you're throwing the collective abilities of the antediluvians at the wall here, something is going to stick, 'cause they've got a lot of high end esoteric stuff. Wukong has a lot of his own esoteric stuff though, so it could be hard to gauge.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 08-11-2014 at 07:40 PM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Which one? Their abilities vary heavily, along with having corporeal bodies or not.
    Zapathasura(ravnos)
    Last edited by Miracleman; 08-11-2014 at 11:31 PM.

I'm not sure how Code Ragnarok compares in stopping power to attacks from hundreds of guys (because Wukong can make an army of himself) who can trivially shatter giant mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    I'm not sure how Code Ragnarok compares in stopping power to attacks from hundreds of guys (because Wukong can make an army of himself) who can trivially shatter giant mountains.
    It's worth noting that multiplying the sun on itself multiple times to frag him by his vampire weaknesses took out a weakened Ravnos, who while again, weakened, came out from being nuked in his metaphysical existence previous to that.

As far as it goes, one of the things given for potence 10 is busting up mountains, while fortitude 10 operates on the scale of.. just taking that.

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

As far as it goes, one of the things given for potence 10 is busting up mountains, while fortitude 10 operates on the scale of.. just taking that.
    FRIEZA SOLDIER: We have blasters!

GOHAN: One of those does nothing!

FRIEZA SOLDIER: How about a hundred!?

GOHAN: ...Crapbaskets.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

It's not really ablative ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime Harder View Post
    FRIEZA SOLDIER: We have blasters!

GOHAN: One of those does nothing!

FRIEZA SOLDIER: How about a hundred!?

GOHAN: ...Crapbaskets.
    It's ridiculous.

It was King Piccol... Lord Slug's men.

It's worth noting that multiplying the sun on itself multiple times to frag him by his vampire weaknesses took out a weakened Ravnos, who while again, weakened, came out from being nuked in his metaphysical existence previous to that.

Yeah, I was thinking of that actually. Of course, in Wukong's case that's just his everyday strength (he also wields a staff that has a significant impact on the ocean's currents when it is removed from the sea). I suppose if there's daylight in Khazan, Wukong could probably make hundreds of giant magnifying glasses. But yeah, I was more or less thinking that, if you take him in the context of ONLY Journey to the West, he's probably operating on roughly the scale of an antediluvian in terms of what his powers can do, but I think he's more like an antediluvian who has probably more 10 dot disciplines than any given antediluvian.

Now if you take him in the context of the greater taoist/buddhist mythos, he potentially gets quite a bit stronger just by comparison. The Jade Emperor isn't quite omnipotent, but he has some pretty ridiculous feats involving shaping the Earth into something humans could inhabit after training for billions of years to drive all the demons away (one of which had undergone almost as much training as himself but skipped out on the last little bit in classic villain fashion). To be clear, the Jade Emperor was a normal guy who decided that living on primordial Earth under the yoke of horrible demons sucked, so he went and trained for a billion some years to create the Earth as we know it. HE was at a loss for how to deal with Wukong, and basically needed his buddy, Buddha to do it for him. Most of the gods Wukong was making fools of also exist somewhere along this power scale. To be fair though, Journey to the West kind of has the whole Taoist pantheon jobbing to Buddha, and it's not like Wukong actually fought the Jade Emperor; I think Jadesy could probably have taken him, but he didn't seem to have any idea as to how to keep him down.