Page 32 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Yeah, but Weirdworld is likely to be cancelled, too.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MollyBarton View Post
    Yeah, but Weirdworld is likely to be cancelled, too.
    I do wonder if adding Dane might help their sales, though...I wonder f there was much crossover between the buyers
    I'm on Twitter! @alex_jamieson

^Isn't that Captain Marvel's book?

I hope he ends up with the Avengers again. Most likely the Uncanny Avengers.

The question is, how will he get back to Earth, and what will happen to him? He did kill Carnivore (who was trying to kill him), after all, even if it was really the blade doing it. I still say that Percy is behind it, and it's not really Percy but some alien or evil spirit. Maybe Dane was hijacked by someone from the city of the dead in Avengers World. That took place before Original Sins, so the timing is right.

The title of the TPB is "The Fall of Dane Whitman". Hopefully, in the future, we'll see a "Redemption of Dane Whitman" arc.

I still want to know what happened between him and Faiza.
    I don't know but that title kinda indicates that he might not survive issue #5. Looking back on issue #4, how can Dane leave his subjects after what they did for him? I think, if he survives all of this, he stays in Weirdworld. I hope he joins the Avengers again but I can't see how at this point.

As far as Faiza, I think he left her and MI:13 because he knows what the blade was doing to him.

P.S. - Didn't it suck looking at the solicts released yesterday that there is no Black Knight again?
    Last edited by mrjinjin; 02-17-2016 at 05:38 PM.

I really don't think Marvel would let Frank Tieri just kill Dane. And I doubt he'd do it. No, I think that somehow Dane will get back to Earth and will be cleared of any wrongdoing (it wasn't really him, or his body was controlled by someone, etc.) and have some kind of normal post-blade life. Or the curse is finally ended and he can use the blade again. Maybe he can let his Spear and Shield take over as rulers of New Avalon. People seemed to respect them, too.

It would have been nice to see Dane leaving MI-13 and his break-up with Faiza, instead of the readers just having to imagine what happened.
    Last edited by MollyBarton; 02-17-2016 at 08:16 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrjinjin View Post

P.S. - Didn't it suck looking at the solicts released yesterday that there is no Black Knight again?
    Very much so. Particularly with Hercules also disappearing, which was another book I was enjoying.

I really don't think Marvel would let Frank Tieri just kill Dane. And I doubt he'd do it. No, I think that somehow Dane will get back to Earth and will be cleared of any wrongdoing (it wasn't really him, or his body was controlled by someone, etc.) and have some kind of normal post-blade life. Or the curse is finally ended and he can use the blade again. Maybe he can let his Spear and Shield take over as rulers of New Avalon. People seemed to respect them, too.

It would have been nice to see Dane leaving MI-13 and his break-up with Faiza, instead of the readers just having to imagine what happened.
    I hope you are right, Molly!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

No. I think Elektra lasted only 7 issues, but nothing ever as few as five. Which makes me think they never intended this to be an ongoing.
    Elektra's last ongoing from 2014 went 11 issues.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Jamieson View Post
    Very much so. Particularly with Hercules also disappearing, which was another book I was enjoying.
    Hawkeye was missing, too. That was odd.

ETA- Yeah, I was wrong about Elektra. So I guess Black Knight has the distinction of being one of the shortest runs ever.

Hawkeye was missing, too. That was odd.

ETA- Yeah, I was wrong about Elektra. So I guess Black Knight has the distinction of being one of the shortest runs ever.
    It tied the original Black Knight series back in 1950's at five issues.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrjinjin View Post
    It tied the original Black Knight series back in 1950's at five issues.
    Do you guys think there was a time in the past that Dane was popular enough to sustain a solo? Maybe just after he left Avengers in 1994?

The 90s was probably the best time. Unfortunately they stuck him in Ultraforce.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Jamieson View Post
    Do you guys think there was a time in the past that Dane was popular enough to sustain a solo? Maybe just after he left Avengers in 1994?
    I would have to say the leather jacket, light saber sword Dane. I really thought that the Worldweird setting was perfect for him being that a "medieval" knight, never really fit in the Marvel universe. I mean Game of Thrones is so popular, this was perfect for Dane. I had such high hopes that this series would succeed at least for the one season and now, I don't know where he fits in. Hopefully, this curse of the Ebony Blade will be resolved at the end of issue #5. One question, why do think Dane said the sword is so important? Is it because of his addiction or because it could be a Marvel "artifact"?

Yeah, I remember seeing this cover in the NYC Forbidden Planet and I was like, yesss!

69500-5424-102498-1-ultraforce_super.jpg

Yeah, but just think, it was the best thing to happen to Ultraforce.

True! But it just wasn't good enough for our Dane!

Spectacular Member

I dug his appearances in Ultraforce...it was cool to have Perez, Darick Robertson and Stephen Butler draw him, and to have Warren Ellis write him, particularly in the Ultraforce/Avengers one-shot (i thought the Avengers/Ultraforce issue was sorta pants, though!).

I always felt that the Ellis run was intended to be longer....though not sure what happened.

I have all the issues, but it's a shame that they can never be reprinted, due to the legal issues surrounding the Ultraverse!