Page 33 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Doesn't Marvel own Malibu? They should be able to reprint Ultraforce.

Spectacular Member

They did own it, but there are all sorts of legal rights issues now, and not only is no-one allowed to reprint the comics, no-one is allowed to TALK ABOUT what legal issues are publicly. People try and ask Tom Brevoort about it on his formspring, but he has to demur on answering because of the legal issue.
    I'm on Twitter! @alex_jamieson

Quote Originally Posted by MollyBarton View Post
    Doesn't Marvel own Malibu? They should be able to reprint Ultraforce.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Jamieson View Post
    They did own it, but there are all sorts of legal rights issues now, and not only is no-one allowed to reprint the comics, no-one is allowed to TALK ABOUT what legal issues are publicly. People try and ask Tom Brevoort about it on his formspring, but he has to demur on answering because of the legal issue.
    As I understood it the last time I heard about it, the creators of the Ultraforce-universe characters hold the rights to those characters--they'd have to be paid in order for the characters to be used again. So, in Marvel's eyes, it's just cheaper NOT to use them. I don't know if that's still the case, but that was my understanding of the problem as of a few years ago.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    As I understood it the last time I heard about it, the creators of the Ultraforce-universe characters hold the rights to those characters--they'd have to be paid in order for the characters to be used again. So, in Marvel's eyes, it's just cheaper NOT to use them. I don't know if that's still the case, but that was my understanding of the problem as of a few years ago.
    That would certainly make sense from what little I can put together of the situation.

According to Previews, the series finale comes out March 9, 2016. Any predictions on how it ends?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrjinjin View Post
    According to Previews, the series finale comes out March 9, 2016. Any predictions on how it ends?
    Based on the new cover, my guess is Cap is going to be overcome by the blade, and Dane is going to have to wrestle it back from him. Cap will have a new understanding of what Dane has to go through with the blade. I reckon they will hen leave him in weirdworld with the blade.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Jamieson View Post
    Based on the new cover, my guess is Cap is going to be overcome by the blade, and Dane is going to have to wrestle it back from him. Cap will have a new understanding of what Dane has to go through with the blade. I reckon they will hen leave him in weirdworld with the blade.
    I agree but I am hoping the curse issue is resolved one way or the other. A few of things I noticed in rereading #4:
    1) Was that the Black Knight's eagle crest symbol on the Tar Throne walls?
    2) Cap said the style of fighting of the Snake guys were familiar. Could that indicate someone else is involved in all this?
    3) I think you came up with the idea about Sersi being the Amazon queen. Could she be behind getting Dane to Weirdworld and be making the Ebony Blade more powerful?

I hope FT finds someway of wrapping this up with some of these questions answered.
    Last edited by mrjinjin; 02-28-2016 at 04:27 PM.

2) Cap said the style of fighting of the Snake guys were familiar. Could that indicate someone else is involved in all this?
    I caught that, too. Curious.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrjinjin View Post
    I agree but I am hoping the curse issue is resolved one way or the other. A few of things I noticed in rereading #4:
    1) Was that the Black Knight's eagle crest symbol on the Tar Throne walls?
    3) I think you came up with the idea about Sersi being the Amazon queen. Could she be behind getting Dane to Weirdworld and be making the Ebony Blade more powerful?

I hope FT finds someway of wrapping this up with some of these questions answered.
    Good points. I forgot that we also have the mysteries of how Dane got there AND who the snake people really are. I remember the latter was teased big-time by Mr Tieri during the pre-launch interviews.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Issue #5, maybe we'll find out why the snake men have a familiar fighting style...unless that was a tiny thread they intended to pull on in another arc.

Going to be sad to see this one go. I tried a character I didn't normally follow and few else did.
    Mockingbird is going to be the recipient of Dane's misfortune this time around.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Going to be sad to see this one go. I tried a character I didn't normally follow and few else did.
    Thanks for checking the book out and supporting our boy Dane!

That Mockingbird book looks fun from the previews. She's my favourite character on agents of shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Issue #5, maybe we'll find out why the snake men have a familiar fighting style...unless that was a tiny thread they intended to pull on in another arc.

I agree with Alex. Thanks for trying it out. I wish some of the other Marvel fans would have given it a chance but there are so many books out there of more famous characters. Hopefully, Dane will appear in a team somewhere. How about a team of Black Knight, Herc, Arkon and some other non main stream characters in Weirdworld?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Marvel should bring back the Defenders, Dane would fit right in if not lead the team.
    It's also a shame that the moniker Champions has been usurped cause that would also make for a good revival.

Be nice to have some more teams NOT named Avengers, GotG or X-Men.
    Marvel sorely is missing variety on the team front that it used to once have: New Warriors, Thunderbolts, Nightstalkers, Defenders, Champions and/or Power Pack.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Bring back Excalibur or MI-13 and I'd be really happy. ANAD Marvel is lacking Captain Britain, Pete Wisdom, Faiza Hussein, and Meggan!

Preview for the last Black Knight, #5...

http://www.buzzcomics.net/showpost.p...10&postcount=1

Hmmm...that explains why Dane was drawn to Weirdworld, anyway. But no sign of him in the preview? How are they going to wrap this up?