Page 13 of 57 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Since Herc news came out today, I am hoping for Black Knight news very soon. Still hoping for a ongoing solo series written by Frank Tieri!

Quote Originally Posted by mrjinjin View Post
    Since Herc news came out today, I am hoping for Black Knight news very soon. Still hoping for a ongoing solo series written by Frank Tieri!
    Enjoy:

http://www.newsarama.com/25407-black...el-series.html

Peace

Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Just saw this, really excited for it! Love the redesign!

Amazing!!!! Both Herc & Dane getting solos are awesome

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Hmm. Not sure about this. I have wanted a new series for a loooooong time but this? Whole new look, different sword and going dark? I'm going to hope for the best, but prepare for the worst
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Herc, Black Knight, Ant-Man/Lang, Vision, Scarlet Witch, Panther ALL getting their own series?!?!?!?!? Im so happy. Thats basically a list of my top Marvel Heroes, along with Hawkeye (whos series I did not care for, mostly because I couldnt stand the art and it made it hard to read)

Here is some concept art for the new costume from the newsarama article:
    black_knight_04_FINAL_small.jpg

Thanks. I waited for Black Knight by Tieri since his New Excalibur story many years ago. I am surprised about his Weirdworld choice but I think it gives the character a
    proper setting to become successful instead of going back in time again. Very happy this is happening.

I am so freaking happy right now. I can't wait to see how Dane ends up in Weirdworld. Also, it sounds like a lot of it is a continuation from his Original Sins story.

I'll miss the sweet, dorky Dane from the past, but new, darker Dane could be a lot of fun.

On the other hand, I guess this means he and Faiza are really over.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Hmm. Not sure about this. I have wanted a new series for a loooooong time but this? Whole new look, different sword and going dark? I'm going to hope for the best, but prepare for the worst
    Dane has always had some darkness in him, even way back in the 60s when he debuted. Plus he was on the verge of insanity in Original Sins, and wasn't entirely stable in Captain Britain and MI 13.
    Last edited by MollyBarton; 07-31-2015 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Yeah, have to say I wasn't wowed also by the darkness of it all, and by the redesign, though I'm sure that may end up growing on me. Plus, there was no mention of Dane's science skills. The whole scientist with a magic sword contrast was always something that appealed to me. I did like the angle of there being more objects like the sword around, and of exploring the meteor's origin. However, the madness and darkness thing is a turn off for me. That's what I loved about the Black Knight's revamp for the Ostrander H4H 90's series. It was so bright and positive, since he no longer had to fear the curse. Well, let's wait and see.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by MollyBarton View Post
    I am so freaking happy right now. I can't wait to see how Dane ends up in Weirdworld. Also, it sounds like a lot of it is a continuation from his Original Sins story.

I'll miss the sweet, dorky Dane from the past, but new, darker Dane could be a lot of fun.

On the other hand, I guess this means he and Faiza are really over.

Dane has always had some darkness in him, even way back in the 60s when he debuted. Plus he was on the verge of insanity in Original Sins, and wasn't entirely stable in Captain Britain and MI 13.
    Yes, the Ebony Blade always finds its way back to him somehow. I just don't want him to turn to stone again! This is going to be awesome, I can't wait.

Well, to be fair, the first time Dane turned to stone had nothing to do with the blade. It happened because he was dumb enough to let the Enchantress kiss him twice!

Yeah, have to say I wasn't wowed also by the darkness of it all, and by the redesign, though I'm sure that may end up growing on me. Plus, there was no mention of Dane's science skills. The whole scientist with a magic sword contrast was always something that appealed to me. I did like the angle of there being more objects like the sword around, and of exploring the meteor's origin. However, the madness and darkness thing is a turn off for me. That's what I loved about the Black Knight's revamp for the Ostrander H4H 90's series. It was so bright and positive, since he no longer had to fear the curse. Well, let's wait and see.

Peace
    Been awhile since I've been on here. The news of a BK series brought me back. Unfortunately I agree with Nomads1. Would like to see some of his science side put to use. Also he's the BLACK Knight not the Blue knight. Make his costume black. Miss the circle as part of the symbol too.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MollyBarton View Post
    Well, to be fair, the first time Dane turned to stone had nothing to do with the blade. It happened because he was dumb enough to let the Enchantress kiss him twice!
    To be fair, wouldn't you?

On-topic, not the most experienced or knowledgeable Black Knight reader (my experience extends to the lame Vatican Black Knight that was created for jobbing purposes in Hudlin's Black Panther), but from what I've seen online on wikipedia the mythos has a good weight to it, and I do love me some Arthurian backstory!

And yeah, that right there is the Blue Knight!

Just wanted to stop by and say YEY Black Knight solo series. Always enjoyed this character, very happy to see him getting a proper push
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."