Page 14 of 57 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I'm not the most knowledgeable Black Knight fan, but I'm sooooo pumped for this! Though I really don't think a GoT feel is what they're going for. I'm getting more of a Dark Souls vibe to be honest. I mean, think about it, the whole point of DS is that the main character struggles to keep his humanity, while in a weird, scary environment. Something that Dane essentially deals with due to the Ebony Blade.

Screenshot_2015-08-02-08-58-43.jpg
    I think Dane fans should be vocal to the writer in what they want. I tweeted him about the circle in the symbol and that the costume should actually be black as well. He is the Black Knight after all.

I think they probably need another colour in there too, though. I don't know, maybe an all-black design might work. If not, would you want red trimming, gold, or both? Or perhaps just have a little white detailing so Dane is dressed in monochrome?

i'm so glad they are getting away from the t-shirt and jeans look. never was a fan of that. i'm also happy that Dane's scientific background hasn't been completely forgotten.

BANNED

What is the appeal of Black Knight? I honestly never heard of him, but I must admit. I am a sucker for sword & sorcery stuff. (Brian Wood's Conan & Mike Grell's Warlord are some of my favorites.)

His appeal to me is that he's a man of science thrust into a world of swords and sorcery. He's had to learn over the years that not everything can be explained with science. He's also adorably dorky at times. I hope at least some of that charm shows up in his series.

I think that Dane is one of the most human of all the Avengers. Like Hawkeye, he's an ordinary human with no powers, but a specific skill set and cool gadgets (and a flying horse!). I hope he'll get to be an Avenger again someday.
    Last edited by MollyBarton; 08-02-2015 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by R0NIN View Post
    Screenshot_2015-08-02-08-58-43.jpg
    I think Dane fans should be vocal to the writer in what they want. I tweeted him about the circle in the symbol and that the costume should actually be black as well. He is the Black Knight after all.
    I agree about the circle in the symbol but I think the armor is okay. I am okay with blue but I wasn't crazy about the cape.

black knight perez.jpg

Astonishing Member

Its so exciting to see Dane actually getting his own book. I never would have expected him to get his own ongoing, so this is a delightful surprise. I'm a bit nervous about the dark direction Dane seems to be headed down...but I know Tieri is fond of Dane, so I'm sure he's in good hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I think they probably need another colour in there too, though. I don't know, maybe an all-black design might work. If not, would you want red trimming, gold, or both? Or perhaps just have a little white detailing so Dane is dressed in monochrome?
    A little of both red and gold trimming. Gold on the helmet, cross guard belt buckle etc. Red for the symbol and around the neck and sleeves. No cape. I'd honestly make his armor a little more tech oriented. Have it look like a modern suit of armor. It would still say Black Knight without relegating him to a medieval knight guy. Which is why some people find him off putting sometimes. The old school armor makes him seem out of place in a superhero book sometimes.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    What is the appeal of Black Knight? I honestly never heard of him, but I must admit. I am a sucker for sword & sorcery stuff. (Brian Wood's Conan & Mike Grell's Warlord are some of my favorites.)
    Besides Nova, this guy has one of the best helmets in the business. I own Dane's first appearance proudly.

Also I didn't read Avengers until the 90's but the first issue I bought had Dane as a leader. He also told off Cap in the issue even though he was being influenced at the time, I always thought Steve Rogers was a bit too high and mighty.
    Have you pre-ordered Nova yet? I have.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MollyBarton View Post
    His appeal to me is that he's a man of science thrust into a world of swords and sorcery. He's had to learn over the years that not everything can be explained with science. He's also adorably dorky at times. I hope at least some of that charm shows up in his series.

I think that Dane is one of the most human of all the Avengers. Like Hawkeye, he's an ordinary human with no powers, but a specific skill set and cool gadgets (and a flying horse!). I hope he'll get to be an Avenger again someday.
    This, plus fans forget just how brilliant he is. I'm not saying he's on par with Reed or anything, but he's VERY smart. I also love the lore of his being tied into Merlin and Otherworld
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I didn't realize I wanted this series until it was announced. Really looking forward to it!
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    This, plus fans forget just how brilliant he is. I'm not saying he's on par with Reed or anything, but he's VERY smart. I also love the lore of his being tied into Merlin and Otherworld
    Oh, yes. He's smart. We don't get to see his brainy side enough. I think it was shown a lot in the 80s and in Heroes for Hire in the 90s. Not so much in Harras's run or in MI-13.

Quote Originally Posted by MollyBarton View Post
    Oh, yes. He's smart. We don't get to see his brainy side enough. I think it was shown a lot in the 80s and in Heroes for Hire in the 90s. Not so much in Harras's run or in MI-13.
    FT said in a tweet (to Ronin) that he will visit Dane's scientific side.

I hope Dane gets to ride a flying horse (or some Weirdworld flying creature) again.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrjinjin View Post
    FT said in a tweet (to Ronin) that he will visit Dane's scientific side.

I hope Dane gets to ride a flying horse (or some Weirdworld flying creature) again.
    I'd love to see him riding Aragorn again.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor