Page 11 of 57 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Hey guys, I'm a fan of BK and just started to get back on these boards. Just wondering, while I love BK's original look and costume, I thought his new costume and weapons in H4H were cool too. Anyone feel this way or am I the only one who liked that series with Dane in it?
    You are not the only one. That series has quite a cult following in these boards. I for one, think that the Sword of Light and the Shield of Night were awsome weapons for Dane (along with Strider), with the plus benefit of no curse. Unfortunately, it has been widely forgotten, probably because if more people found out about that series they'd realize how lame Bendis' Duke Chain version of Luke Cage is compared to Ostrander's.

Peace

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    You are not the only one. That series has quite a cult following in these boards. I for one, think that the Sword of Light and the Shield of Night were awsome weapons for Dane (along with Strider), with the plus benefit of no curse. Unfortunately, it has been widely forgotten, probably because if more people found out about that series they'd realize how lame Bendis' Duke Chain version of Luke Cage is compared to Ostrander's.

Peace
    cool, thanks
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I liked that look of his, too. I think the Shield of Night and Sword of Light came back in his latest appearance (SHIELD #1), because it didn't look like he was using the Ebony Blade. And Strider still pops up occasionally.

ETA- I saw this thread on the first page and my first thought was- Yay! News! I was a bit disappointed. I still have high hopes that Dane will be part of Secret Wars/Battleworld.

Quote Originally Posted by MollyBarton View Post
    I liked that look of his, too. I think the Shield of Night and Sword of Light came back in his latest appearance (SHIELD #1), because it didn't look like he was using the Ebony Blade. And Strider still pops up occasionally.

ETA- I saw this thread on the first page and my first thought was- Yay! News! I was a bit disappointed. I still have high hopes that Dane will be part of Secret Wars/Battleworld.
    Yeah, I am hoping but still no announcements. When Axel answered my post, I thought there was a chance. I tried asking Brevoort on Formspring but no reply. In Shield #1 that was the Shield of Night and Sword of Light. It would be great if he teamed up with Valkyrie again somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjinjin View Post
    Yeah, I am hoping but still no announcements. When Axel answered my post, I thought there was a chance. I tried asking Brevoort on Formspring but no reply. In Shield #1 that was the Shield of Night and Sword of Light. It would be great if he teamed up with Valkyrie again somewhere.
    I hope he teams up with CB too. I've always liked his connection to him and the mystical side of Avalon
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    I hope he teams up with CB too. I've always liked his connection to him and the mystical side of Avalon
    That would be great if they were in Higher Avalon together but Higher Avalon has not been announced yet.

I remember reading this issue of MSH #17 for the first time and being blown away. These pages are fantastic:

Here's some of my favorite pages from H4H:

Last edited by The Whovian; 04-07-2015 at 06:03 PM.

And two more. Dane looks so fierce and ready to lay the smack down on someone:

Most comic book art in the 90s was terrible, but Dane looked pretty good in H4H.

I love his smile when he meets Strider! He loves horses, doesn't he? I wonder if Valkyrie ever brings Aragorn to visit his old master...

On the other hand...in the 60s panels. Dear God, what was he thinking with those clothes!

Quote Originally Posted by MollyBarton View Post
    Most comic book art in the 90s was terrible, but Dane looked pretty good in H4H.

I love his smile when he meets Strider! He loves horses, doesn't he? I wonder if Valkyrie ever brings Aragorn to visit his old master...

On the other hand...in the 60s panels. Dear God, what was he thinking with those clothes!
    Yeah, H4H's Black Knight was all hero, no Ebony Blade angst. I hope they use Dane somewhere.

I hate to be the one to tell you but I think Aragorn got blown up in a Punisher story.

Nooooo! Poor horsey!

I wonder if Valinor is still out there somewhere.

Wasn't Valinor Bloodwraith's horse?

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Wasn't Valinor Bloodwraith's horse?

Peace
    He was Dane's horse first.

BANNED

Where is he by the way?