Page 15 of 57 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    I'd love to see him riding Aragorn again.
    It would have to be a new Aragorn. I read somewhere that Aragorn got blown up. I kinda liked Valinor with those red eyes.

avengers spotlight.jpg

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrjinjin View Post
    It would have to be a new Aragorn. I read somewhere that Aragorn got blown up. I kinda liked Valinor with those red eyes.

avengers spotlight.jpg
    Better yet, he could use Strider. Always thought it was cool how he could take Dane places where he couldn't go before and could find Dane anywhere.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Better yet, he could use Strider. Always thought it was cool how he could take Dane places where he couldn't go before and could find Dane anywhere.
    Unfortunately Strider went the way of the Elvian armor and the Sword of Light and Shield of Night, never to be seen again. Aragorn ended up becoming more Val's horse than Dane's. I really thought Valinor was cool, but I'f I'm not mistaken he ended up further mutated or became Bloodwraith's horse, or both. I wouldn't mind seeing any of the steeds back, but I think they'll probably go with something new (masybe even a dragon or something). Just don't bring back the atomic steed, please.

Peace

Strider was seen in Captain Britain and MI-13, so he hasn't been totally forgotten! I'm sure we'll see him again. Dane will need some kind of transportation in Weirdworld!

Oh, anything but the Atomic Steed, please. Dane looked even more like a dork while riding it.
    Last edited by MollyBarton; 08-06-2015 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Unfortunately Strider went the way of the Elvian armor and the Sword of Light and Shield of Night, never to be seen again. Aragorn ended up becoming more Val's horse than Dane's. I really thought Valinor was cool, but I'f I'm not mistaken he ended up further mutated or became Bloodwraith's horse, or both. I wouldn't mind seeing any of the steeds back, but I think they'll probably go with something new (masybe even a dragon or something). Just don't bring back the atomic steed, please.

Peace
    Not sure you know Nomads1 but the Sword of Light and Shield of Night BK appeared in Shield #1. He was teamed with Val.

tumblr_nhm1dzBrTI1tmisq9o1_500.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by mrjinjin View Post
    Not sure you know Nomads1 but the Sword of Light and Shield of Night BK appeared in Shield #1. He was teamed with Val.

tumblr_nhm1dzBrTI1tmisq9o1_500.jpg
    Did not know it. Wish they'd bring the whole concept back.

Peace

BLACK KNIGHT #1
    Frank Tieri (w) • LUCA PIZZARI (a)
    Cover by JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO
    Variant Cover by ERIC POWELL
    HIP- HOP VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    ACTION FIGURE VARIANT BY JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
    What do you do when it’s your destiny to be damned? For centuries, that is the question that has plagued each wielder of the Ebony Blade... with all of them eventually meeting untimely ends due to the sword’s curse. And it is the question the current Black Knight, Dane Whitman, must ask himself as his addiction to the blade grows ever stronger and he finds himself in the aptly named Weirdworld. What are the circumstances that brought him to leave Earth and enter this strange and dangerous realm? And what do the Uncanny Avengers have to do with it? Find out here in this new ongoing tale of sword, sorcery and one man’s struggle to not lose his soul.
    32 PGS/RATED T+ ...$3.99

http://www.comicbookresources.com/pr...ty=1&oid=65479

http://www.comicbookresources.com/pr...ty=1&oid=65479

Is it November yet? I am so looking forward to this. And he gets an action figure variant, too! I hope a future issue will have a Skottie Young variant- baby Dane would be too cute.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MollyBarton View Post
    Oh, anything but the Atomic Steed, please. Dane looked even more like a dork while riding it.
    Blasphemy!

I liked the atomic steed...it really suited Dane and his particular blend of science and sorcery. A medieval knight on a flying horse of metal!

Don't get me wrong, I liked Dane's various flesh-and-blood horses too. But the atomic steed works too, imo.

From Marvel.com- more info on Black Knight #1, with a hint of what's coming in the second issue.

http://marvel.com/news/comics/25054/...t=story-25054&

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MollyBarton View Post
    From Marvel.com- more info on Black Knight #1, with a hint of what's coming in the second issue.

http://marvel.com/news/comics/25054/...t=story-25054&
    I'm getting more and more excited about this
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'm going to get the first issue at least, see if it's written well enough to intrigue me for more at least.
    I give Marvel props for not doing a 10th Avengers title, so I'll try issue #1.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I'm so excited for a Black Knight ongoing. Dane is one of the most underrated Avengers.

I'm so excited for this. My top of the new ongoings.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    I'm so excited for this. My top of the new ongoings.
    Me too. I pre-ordered but I was not able to order the variant cover yet.