Page 4 of 57 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    is that you Kira's Mom?

anyway, my favorite Black Knight era is the 90s bomber jacket. though, as much as i like Dane i never could get into the Ultraverse stuff...even for him.
    Yep, I'm Kira's Mom!

Ugh, Ultraverse. I didn't like the characters, and the less said about Dane's look the better!

The 80s and 90s gave him good stories. I loved that he and Hercules were pals. Also, I agree that Dane had a lot more confidence in the 90s, though he was still a bit of a dork with women! He was actually torn between three women at that time- Sersi, Crystal, and Victoria Bentley- at least until she was killed by Bloodwraith right in front of him. Don't think he ever got over that. She was probably the woman he should have ended up with.
    Last edited by MollyBarton; 08-24-2014 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Just joining this thread. I like this character a lot, I remember that story beginning him. I've always liked his adventures with Dr Strange and think that those were amongst his best moments, but I liked the arc in Avengers when he was involved with both Sersi and Crystal. That was a great time for the Avengers as well; Procter, Masters/Evil's so brutal invasion of the Avengers's mansion.

He's a great character that needs more exposure.
    Gotta agree with you on all you said. My favorite is when he was riding Valinor, and except for the "Thorspeak", his adventures in Hulk Weeklys which I was able to read when it was collected in trade.

The "Thor-speak" was odd. And also inconsistent- it would just pop up for no reason. Just writers who didn't know the character I guess...

She-Hulk made fun of him for talking that way. *lol*

Quote Originally Posted by MollyBarton View Post
    The "Thor-speak" was odd. And also inconsistent- it would just pop up for no reason. Just writers who didn't know the character I guess...

She-Hulk made fun of him for talking that way. *lol*
    Yeah, maybe it was the curse making him speak like Thor and/or Sir Percy!

^Probably. Plus all those years stuck in his ancestor's body didn't help!

Here is my least favorite Dane appearance- the Ultimates. Poor Dane! No arms or legs!
    ultimate dane 1.JPG
    ultimate dane 2.JPG

And he becomes a Robo-Dane!
    ultimate dane 3.JPG

Of course, now I'm thinking whoever came up with the idea of Dane losing all of his limbs was a big fan of Monty Python and the Holy Grail- that Black Knight was also limbless and mentally unstable!

Quote Originally Posted by MollyBarton View Post
    ^Probably. Plus all those years stuck in his ancestor's body didn't help!

Here is my least favorite Dane appearance- the Ultimates. Poor Dane! No arms or legs!
    ultimate dane 1.JPG
    ultimate dane 2.JPG

And he becomes a Robo-Dane!
    ultimate dane 3.JPG

Of course, now I'm thinking whoever came up with the idea of Dane losing all of his limbs was a big fan of Monty Python and the Holy Grail- that Black Knight was also limbless and mentally unstable!
    There were two Black Knights in the ultimate universe, the one you mentioned (robo-Dane)and this one in the Defenders:

UltimateBlackKnight.jpg

Right before the Ultraverse move I think it was John Bryne who had a big event all planned around Black Knight being the main star, but was ultimately set aside. During the 90's Black Knight was actually a star thought to bring readers in. Which is why they brought him into the Ultraverse in an attempt to lure readers to that imprint by having Dane among them.

^Would have been nice for Dane to get a big event for himself. Proctor was more about Sersi, and that doesn't really count as an event anyway!

I've posted my Black Knight redesign before on the forum, so apologies if you've seen it before, but I might as well pop it in here, too.

I never did finish what I was trying to do with it, but I wanted a more casual, war-torn look. It's been pointed out to me I never did put Dane's dragon symbol on there - I just wasn't sure where I wanted to put it.

I like it! I thought his symbol was an eagle, not a dragon.

Eagle! Of course. I, uh... get those two animals confused?

Quote Originally Posted by R0NIN View Post
    Right before the Ultraverse move I think it was John Bryne who had a big event all planned around Black Knight being the main star, but was ultimately set aside. During the 90's Black Knight was actually a star thought to bring readers in. Which is why they brought him into the Ultraverse in an attempt to lure readers to that imprint by having Dane among them.
    Wow, that's too bad about the big event. That would have been great. Hopefully, Dane will have more to do after his Avengers World appearance.

BANNED

I wish he'd get his flying horse back.

He still had Strider in MI-13. But I don't think a winged horse would be much use where Dane is during Avengers World!

I believe I really started liking the Black Knight when he guest-starred in Dr. Strange #68 [1984].
    I wouldn't mind seeing more of the two teaming up in a mini-series. Also, like him with Captain
    Britain and MI-13.

"History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.