Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I've posted my Black Knight redesign before on the forum, so apologies if you've seen it before, but I might as well pop it in here, too.

I never did finish what I was trying to do with it, but I wanted a more casual, war-torn look. It's been pointed out to me I never did put Dane's dragon symbol on there - I just wasn't sure where I wanted to put it.
    Love it! Very cool design you should finish it!

Here, have some Black Knight butt.

dane butt 2.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by MollyBarton View Post

dane butt 2.JPG
    I've always wondered how he gets the mail to be so form fitting (this applies to Thor as well). Chain mail doesn't seem like a fabric that lends itself to tailoring.

BANNED

It's really Spandex with scales.

^Best explanation I've seen! LOL!

Wasp once asked him how he could stand to work out in the armor, because it looked hot and heavy.

Preview for Avengers World #12 is up! Looks like Dane is the center of attention this time.

Oh, boy. He's turned into a drunk post-Original Sins.
    AVENWORLD2014012-int2-4-9eab5.jpg

But he's having the time of his life with Euroforce. Is he actually smiling as he attacks?
    AVENWORLD2014012-int2-5-0ee37.jpg

Preview for Avengers World #12 is up! Looks like Dane is the center of attention this time.

Oh, boy. He's turned into a drunk post-Original Sins.
    AVENWORLD2014012-int2-4-9eab5.jpg

But he's having the time of his life with Euroforce. Is he actually smiling as he attacks?
    AVENWORLD2014012-int2-5-0ee37.jpg
    Yeah, he is all messed up. I wonder what happened to Faiza? Anyway, the picture of him attacking is awesome.
    Last edited by mrjinjin; 08-30-2014 at 02:04 PM.

He's alone in a pub (it's London, after all). No sign of his BFF Captain Britain. No sign of Pete Wisdom yelling at him to get back to work. And no sign of Faiza, supposedly his girlfriend- and the woman who saved his life THREE TIMES. It's like all of that is being tossed aside for a story. Is he suddenly friendless after what he did in Original Sins 2? I find that hard to believe. Maybe we'll see something in a future comic, or at least a throwaway line about his MI-13 status.

Also, do we really need yet another alcoholic in Marvel? Tony Stark, Carol Danvers, Brian Braddock (though was he really an alcoholic?). I don't think we've ever even seen Dane with a drink in his hand, much less falling-off-the-barstool-getting-thrown-out-of-pubs drunk!

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

dane butt 2.JPG
    How did he manage to a wedgie in mail?
    Dane is one of my favorite classic Avengers. I'm glad he's got an appreciation thread.

^His butt is so perfect that the mail just knows where to cling to it. Or it's just magic.

Astonishing Member

He's alone in a pub (it's London, after all). No sign of his BFF Captain Britain. No sign of Pete Wisdom yelling at him to get back to work. And no sign of Faiza, supposedly his girlfriend- and the woman who saved his life THREE TIMES. It's like all of that is being tossed aside for a story. Is he suddenly friendless after what he did in Original Sins 2? I find that hard to believe. Maybe we'll see something in a future comic, or at least a throwaway line about his MI-13 status.
    Well, we don't know when this actually takes place in relation to ORIGINAL SINS #2--after all, the entire series of AVENGERS WORLD thus far has basically all taken place over the span of a few hours (and it started months before OS #2 came out).

But I would speculate that whatever problems Dane is developing with the Ebony Blade may have driven a wedge between him and Faiza. And between the relationship problems and the Blood Curse problems, Dane may be drinking to deal with all of that. The fact that there is no sign of Brian or Pete doesn't mean much though--the team aren't together 24/7 after all. Those guys could be off on separate missions, or even just off doing something in their own personal lives.

Hopefully we will see some of Dane's status quo start to synch up soon though. We've got him guest starring with MI13 in other books (like GAMBIT, and more recently WOLVERINE), seemingly normal and still with Faiza. We've got his appearances in AW so far, with him separate from MI13, no mention of Faiza, and still seemingly in control of his sword and the curse. And then we've got the OS #2 appearance, with him seemingly single and hanging on to control by a thread. Maybe the flashback sequences from the upcoming issue will help clear up the timeline a bit?

Also, do we really need yet another alcoholic in Marvel? Tony Stark, Carol Danvers, Brian Braddock (though was he really an alcoholic?). I don't think we've ever even seen Dane with a drink in his hand, much less falling-off-the-barstool-getting-thrown-out-of-pubs drunk!
    We've seen Dane and Herc out at bars together before, so we know he does drink--its just never been a problem before. It might not be a problem now (yet) if this drunken stupor was an isolated incident. We'll see. Like you, I hope we're not going to see Dane turn into an alcoholic (with the Blood Curse, he already has a burden to carry)--although with everything he's been through over the years, he certainly has reason to drink!

I hope the timeline is cleared up. Sure, they're been off on separate missions lately, but I still find it weird that Dane was drinking alone. Maybe the current X-Force story is the same time as Avengers World? He clearly isn't with MI-13 then.

I forgot that he and Herc were drinking buddies!

Also, I just realized he was talking about Sersi to the barman. That was interesting. I don't think she's come up in years.

I hope the timeline is cleared up. Sure, they're been off on separate missions lately, but I still find it weird that Dane was drinking alone. Maybe the current X-Force story is the same time as Avengers World? He clearly isn't with MI-13 then.

I forgot that he and Herc were drinking buddies!

Also, I just realized he was talking about Sersi to the barman. That was interesting. I don't think she's come up in years.
    He has lots of resentment built up against the Avengers and Sersi. I think the drinking may be about coping with his Ebony Blade addiction and trying to forget what he did to the robber in Original Sins 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    ....Hopefully we will see some of Dane's status quo start to synch up soon though. We've got him guest starring with MI13 in other books (like GAMBIT, and more recently WOLVERINE), seemingly normal and still with Faiza....
    What issue of Wolverine? Was it a good appearance? Worth picking up?

7, I think. He was only in two panels. Not worth it unless you're already reading Wolverine.